Amunsen MIB1 Firmware

rdb

• 2 weeks later...

Guys,

From now on a newer firmware is available for MIB1 Bolero/Amundsen.

I have installed it without issues.

Users previously contacted me: check your PMs. ;)

Others just contact me for the details.

Edited by aki78
  • Like 2

Mine got updated by the dealer last week and as I expected, it hasn't fixed the problem with it crashing when my phone is connected.

I did notice that the screen was dimmer afterwards, and found that there's a brightness setting for the display now which is separate to the dashboard illumination.

Not sure if that was there before or not, but I also found an option to display a clock on the screen when the stereo is turned off that I'd not seen before.

Mine got updated by the dealer last week and as I expected, it hasn't fixed the problem with it crashing when my phone is connected.

I did notice that the screen was dimmer afterwards, and found that there's a brightness setting for the display now which is separate to the dashboard illumination.

Not sure if that was there before or not, but I also found an option to display a clock on the screen when the stereo is turned off that I'd not seen before.

What version did you get?

Thanks Andy - still trying to source a Shark Fin that will do DAB and FM as well as the phone and Nav. The one I had on the Mk2 Columbus was geat but there was a design fault with them. Water would get in and kill them.

No. I put it on my other normal SD card and took my music off it. Do you have the txt file and 3 folders in the root directory? Also make sure you insert it after you are at the menu, not before or it will not detect the SD card as having firmware.

No. I put it on my other normal SD card and took my music off it. Do you have the txt file and 3 folders in the root directory? Also make sure you insert it after you are at the menu, not before or it will not detect the SD card as having firmware.

Tried that, you've just got the update software button at the bottom of the page that gives the system information?

Do you need to code anything with VCDS or does it work without?

thanks

Ed

You can ignore the VCDS coding (doesn't affect functionality) but in this case your dealer will know what you did.

Update generates several fault codes in the system.

• Like 1

believe so... that car says software update when you put the card in before being on that screen, but then puts up the message update files not found

Just to be sure..

Are you trying to update via the service menu, that is, holding the menu button and accessing the sw update menu?

There is another update menu under setup, but this will not work..

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...