Amunsen MIB1 Firmware

rdb

does anyone have a link to the software-version 0490? Seems like some ppl getting a update even for the Octavia.

See post#145 in this thread:

Versions 480 and 490 are not intended to be used on Octavia 3.

They were issued for Seat Leon 3.

It seems that the latest version on Skoda Octavia 3 is 475.

I saw this, but you may also have read this:

Well, my Skoda dealer just updated the Amundsen unit on my 2015 Octavia 3 from firmware 0435 to 0490 for free while they also were replacing my warped brake discs.The hardware version is 041, so I didn't get the media codec (FLAC, isn't it? bummer...)

They wouldn't change the firmware unless I had problems with the unit, but mentioning problems with AAC playback and map zooming issues was enough to get at free update.

And I heard from several sources, that there is an 490-Update for the Octavia

I saw this, but you may also have read this:

And I heard from several sources, that there is an 490-Update for the Octavia.

Interesting...

My Octavia is due a service soon and I'm having zooming issues (even when apparently in manual mode it auto-zooms) so I'll try and get the dealer to do an update.

Edited by PetrolDave

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting...

My Octavia is due a service soon and I'm having zooming issues (even when apparently in manual mode it auto-zooms) so I'll try and get the dealer to do an update.

Hope you have better luck than I did. When I had a service earlier in the year I was told there was no update for my 2013 model

Hope you have better luck than I did. When I had a service earlier in the year I was told there was no update for my 2013 model

Just had exactly the same reply today from Sparshatts of Botley - I had even told them by email beforehand of the specific problems and that other owners had an update to 0490, but still they insisted that 0475 is the latest version.

They also tried to tell me that my front wipers blades needed replacing as they were juddering, which I declined as they are not juddering. That would have been a rip-off if I had said yes.

They are complete fools... I'll not be taking my Octavia back to them in future.

I've got the 0490 update on an SD card (thanks to aki78) so I'll be doing it myself tomorrow (I've already done the update from 0435 to 0475 so I know how long it takes!).

Edited by PetrolDave

I've only just

Any difference between 0475 and 0490 ?

I've only just done the update myself this morning so it's too soon for me to comment, but there are several posts in this forum suggesting that it's faster at calculating routes, the sound quality may be better and it may fix some problems like those I've had.

• Like 1

I didn't notice anything compared to 0475.

Amundsen manual zoom is still useless (very slow), route planning speed as before, etc.

Sound/graphics improvements: probably nothing.

Maybe it's just a fix for some issues as it was mentioned on a russian forum.

Unfortunately I am still getting memory card error messages sometimes (just when starting the car), like with previous versions...... :swear: :swear: :swear:

Edited by aki78
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I updated from 0475 to 0490... and I did not notice any improvement.

- The navigation computation hangs more frequently with the newer version

- Sound quality is the same

- USB stick is no more ejected while reading multimedia files (1200 kilometers since the update)

Thanks Aki for the link.

++

Does 490 re-enable the bluetooth icon?

I am having an issue (with 475) with my iPhone (running iOS 10.1.1) where sometimes shortly after driving off - I imagine it is at the point when the phone is first properly connected, which always seems to take about two minutes (maybe because I have 1800 contacts) - the sound of whichever source I am listening to stops.

At first I could not work out what was happening, as the display still showed the source I had been listening to. However I then discovered by switching to Phone that the HU thought that the phone was making a call to its own number - the Phone display says something like "My own number" when this happens. This is not a real call - if you look at the iPhone it is not making a call.

The way to stop it is to make a call from the phone, and this causes the phantom call to stop and then when you end the call you have made on the iPhone it all works correctly after that.

Has anyone else experienced something like this? Is it a 475 thing, or an iOS 10.1.1 thing?

updated from 0475 to 0490  using a USB stick and rather unusually while travelling south a1/m1 (i dont think the route taken was significant) auto start stop disabled just in case i came to a standstill.  i understand it is important not to stop the engine to risk an unplanned  restart of the headunit. i noticed from my dashcam that when the dealer did it (to 0475 from 0475 somewhat imaginatively) they left the engine running.

differences

think the navigation is slower to start along with all the other services at start up, route calculation and re routeing a little quicker 

mid range and bass sound marginally improved but discernible

I am having an issue (with 475) with my iPhone (running iOS 10.1.1) where sometimes shortly after driving off - I imagine it is at the point when the phone is first properly connected, which always seems to take about two minutes (maybe because I have 1800 contacts) - the sound of whichever source I am listening to stops.

At first I could not work out what was happening, as the display still showed the source I had been listening to. However I then discovered by switching to Phone that the HU thought that the phone was making a call to its own number - the Phone display says something like "My own number" when this happens. This is not a real call - if you look at the iPhone it is not making a call.

The way to stop it is to make a call from the phone, and this causes the phantom call to stop and then when you end the call you have made on the iPhone it all works correctly after that.

Has anyone else experienced something like this? Is it a 475 thing, or an iOS 10.1.1 thing?

does it with 0490 too, sometimes when switching off aswell

Must be an iOS bug as me and my colleagues have the same problem with MIB1 Amundsen (FW 0435-0490).

We never had such a problem with iOS 9.x

Very annoying..... :swear: I re-paired my phone many times but did not help.

I also use the call trick (non-existing number also works) to quit this phantom call but I discovered that starting the camera app also helps (I wanted to make a video).

We all have iPhone 5s.

Edited by aki78

• 3 weeks later...

Just finished updating.

Amundsen 040 / 421 -> 490

Thanks to aki78 it went smoothly and relaxing.

I connected the car to a 12,5V power supply and the update took about 23 minutes.

So far I think speech commands are faster recognized & route input is sligthly faster. Zooming is rubbish as before.

Tomorrow I gonna delete errors via VCDS and test, if the navigation starts faster then before.

Just finished updating.

Amundsen 040 / 421 -> 490

Thanks to aki78 it went smoothly and relaxing.

I connected the car to a 12,5V power supply and the update took about 23 minutes.

So far I think speech commands are faster recognized & route input is sligthly faster. Zooming is rubbish as before.

Tomorrow I gonna delete errors via VCDS and test, if the navigation starts faster then before.

Ah my main concern is doing an update on this cold weather. My battery is old.

Last time the update was being done without engine running, only ignition on. Has the procedure changed?

Ah my main concern is doing an update on this cold weather. My battery is old.

Last time the update was being done without engine running, only ignition on. Has the procedure changed?

I did the last two updates (to 475 and then to 0490) with the engine running, start the engine BEFORE starting the update and disable start/stop.

Edited by PetrolDave