Hi,

I get an answer from Aki78 and jjc.

So I was able to update the unit.

I used for this update:

- a brand new Lexar JumpDrive P20

- a car Battery charger, to avoid power-off of the unit while updating

- VCDS.

Everything went well on the car.

At the end of the process, the brand new usb stick was stuck in read-only mode. I was not able to format it.

I'll contact the seller to get a warranty exchange. Hope it was not due to the update process.

Thanks to Aki78 and jjc.

Edited by slooptoot

Hi everyone, could someone give me some advice please on how we get the dealership to process the update because i have previously asked them and they have said there is no update available (when checking on here there as been several version after mine) and by reading through this thread it seems a hit and miss in getting the dealership to do the update.

Thanks in advance

my tactic

list the foloowing problems

Sat Nav re routeing Hanging

Phone hangs when on a call and a second incoming  call is received

they could not replicate the problem but knew the firmware update would fix it

then they wanted to charge me - they didn't get very far with that

I experienced the same, you need to restart (reboot) your headunit after coding.

Otherwise you will see only the camera picture. Things should work fine after. :)

Press and hold the POWER button for cca. 10-15 seconds until Skoda logo appears again.

You probably don't need to code the park assist module.

I have only rear parking sensors and it works fine with just coding the 5F.

With your 0435 FW you will have the 'advanced' display with transparent background.

Check the youtube videos in post #99 to see the difference.

(FYI: you must have the factory bluetooth module to see the camera picture.)

More info here: http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/341794-new-feature-simply-clever/

Edit: 2nd (new) youtube video is gone, check this.

hello Aki78

I just installed my reverse camera on my Octavia III , I have the display problem ( the black part on the side)

I would be very grateful if you help me to solve this problem

and if you can give me the link to update FW

(the PM don't work)

thank you very much

Hi,

I get an answer from Aki78 and jjc.

So I was able to update the unit.

I used for this update:

- a brand new Lexar JumpDrive P20

- a car Battery charger, to avoid power-off of the unit while updating

- VCDS.

Everything went well on the car.

At the end of the process, the brand new usb stick was stuck in read-only mode. I was not able to format it.

I'll contact the seller to get a warranty exchange. Hope it was not due to the update process.

Thanks to Aki78 and jjc.

hello can you give the link to update my unit 

thank you

• 2 weeks later...

Well its not so hard to find link to 0475 if you really try a little :)

(dropbox assuming its Octavia_III_MIB_V 475_S00.1000.10.99.ISO that is )

"mib1 firmware 0475" its only 5 links down FFS :D

I cannot confirm if this is the required update or not, that would be required of the OP.

5Gb download ?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g48mdg3ta9tegq0/%D0%9A%D0%BE%D0%BF%D0%B8%D1%8F%20Octavia_III_MIB_V475_S00.1000.10.99.ISO?dl=0

No use to me anyway, I don't (yet) have VCDS

Edited by vRSAnt

Ping, updated some kind of link to this, I am just sharing the link and not responsible for its upload in terms of copyright and can't confirm if its correct.

Just wondering if this is the source of the update that the OP is referring to ?

I saw Version 0480 is out... 

@aki78: Did you already get a link to this version? ;-)

13975504_1150223818370841_85888931263305

Versions 480 and 490 are not intended to be used on Octavia 3.

They were issued for Seat Leon 3.

It seems that the latest version on Skoda Octavia 3 is 475.

Well, my Skoda dealer just updated the Amundsen unit on my 2015 Octavia 3 from firmware 0435 to 0490 for free while they also were replacing my warped brake discs.The hardware version is 041, so I didn't get the media codec (FLAC, isn't it? bummer...)

They wouldn't change the firmware unless I had problems with the unit, but mentioning problems with AAC playback and map zooming issues was enough to get at free update.

Well, my Skoda dealer just updated the Amundsen unit on my 2015 Octavia 3 from firmware 0435 to 0490 for free while they also were replacing my warped brake discs.The hardware version is 041, so I didn't get the media codec (FLAC, isn't it? bummer...)

They wouldn't change the firmware unless I had problems with the unit, but mentioning problems with AAC playback and map zooming issues was enough to get at free update.

Is that the MIB1 unit? Have you noticed any improvement with the update to 0490? 

Is that the MIB1 unit? Have you noticed any improvement with the update to 0490? 

Date of production is November 25th 2014 so I guess it's the MIB 1? It's an Amundsen unit with hardware version 041 and the Canton upgrade.

The firmware upgrade was done this morning and I drove straight to work, so I will have to report back about the user experience - what should I look for?

At least I hope the map zooming improves and that I finally can play AAC files without the unit skipping to the next track randomly and that it now will display cover art for every album on the SD og USB-stick.

• 2 weeks later...
I've read the whole thread, and I know it's been asked, but I want to ask one more time just to be sure:

Can I do the firmware update to my MIB1 Amundsen unit without use of a VCDS?

The only disadvantage to this is that the dealer knows what I did? Or are there other disadvantages?

Thanks