Yeti in chains

PaveyArk

For those with 16" wheels.

The rims on this Yeti is called Blossom and they are 17". I know because I have them on my Octy3.

That is perhaps the chains are on rear wheels only, where the distance towards the suspension parts and inner wing is better. Otherwise it would be wiser to fit them on the front wheels.

I don't know the rubber size on this Yeti, 205/60R17 is one possibility. It may also be the wider 225/50R17, but that is not likely since recommended chains are suited for 205 width.

:) or suitable rubber

My understanding is that 17s preclude chains, irrespective of rubber. (?)

Ah!  My meaning was either 16" wheels, to allow the permitted chains, or suitable rubber.  I've got the right wheels and, I hope (but as yet untested!) suitable tyres.  But we probably won't see snow this far south for at least the next week or so.

Edited by Brijo

There you go, 7Jx17 and 225/50R17. Chains on the rear wheels.

Nice driving, but not really necessary to fit chains in these conditions. Good winter tyres will cope perfectly.

• Like 1

Nice driving, but not really necessary to fit chains in these conditions. Good winter tyres will cope perfectly.

i wonder if anybody has tried them on the rear only.

Just not in Australia, that is unless you're into experimenting or change wheel specs.

We've been over this before though.