Paddle Shift (Upgrade / Extension)

Agreed, they look lovely. Just need to find the ones for a 2011 vRS with the old style paddles!

There are the old style ones on eBay, just search eBay,in fact there was a link on here somewhere.

There are the old style ones on eBay, just search eBay,in fact there was a link on here somewhere.

Thanks, I know there is, was trying to find it the other day! I've got some plasticy Carbon looking ones which are a bit naff really and it looks like the metal ones might feel and look like better quality OEM type thing.

These look really good with the rest of the steering wheel, I've not even got my car yet but already considering them. I will have to see how I get on with the standard items.

• 4 months later...

WAY overdue but finally got round to ordering and fitting my paddle extensions!

14671279_10209287549139365_6027202096668

Have to say they are badass and could easily pass for OEM, also the little insert at the bottom is another piece I ordered here, really gives the wheel a spruce-up B)

• Like 1

Did the paddles you bought have the correct profile for the paddle shape on your car?

Think so couldnt see any issues with the shape at least. Which is why I'm tempted to superglue bond as really like them

The pads were 3M which is supposed to be good. Dont get it. Maybe an iffy batch from 3M

What I'll do is remove the padding, clean up, check the fit is still good, take a deep breath, and glue on. 

Did you clean the area well before sticking?

Dirt and grease from your skin will affect the 3M.

As said earlier people have had issues REMOVING the tape once fitted.

I personally wouldnt glue them in place, just buy some strong, thin, double sided tape

Mine came with 3M and I fitted each one and made sure it really stuck by squeezing the paddle and the extensions together... on the way out to get dinner with the GF so I got some funny looks :giggle:

• 2 years later...

I realise this thread is pretty old but I thought it probably better not to start a new one. I’ve been looking around for quite a while to try and get some paddle extensions for my 2011 Fabia VRS, I’ve seen plenty on Ebay and Amazon but virtually all of them fix on with double sided adhesive pads. With the recent spell of hot weather we’ve had I get the feeling in use they are very likely to come adrift so I’m not considered them. I have seen advertised online paddle extensions for Mercedes which clamp to the existing paddles with grub screws which seems a much better idea and is far less likely to come adrift in use.

Does anyone know of any that are available for my VRS with this type of fixing ?

If so can you put a web link in your reply.

Cheers

Steve

Edited by Fitzwilliam
  • Like 1