vRS TDi occasionaly slow to fire up.

I'm having this issue with mine, took it in and they kept it to look at and told me nothing logged and Skoda UK report no known faults and no solution. They've given me the car back but don't know where to go from here to be honest!

MINE BEEN IN TODAY and mentioned the starting problem , same response as above - im sure its been a service bulletin mentioned somewhere - does anyone have anything firmer on this?

#

Mine went in for this Monday and Tuesday.

No fault codes, and they couldn't replicate it. No surprises there.

But of course it's done it literally every time I've fired it up since. It can go back! 1 year warranty left - May as well use it!

• 2 weeks later...

My old 2014 vRS 2.0tdi manual - if you started it 1st time in the morning would crank over 8+ times before starting up. If I instead just put the ignition on and waited a few seconds for the glow plug light to go off then turned it to the start position, it would start after 1-2 cranks. Generally would start fine the rest of the day.

The 2016 vRS 2.0tdi I bought a couple of months ago, starts fine every time.

Spoke to Skoda UK regarding this after having my car handed back by my dealer who explained that there was no fault found. Skoda UK say that its a characteristic of the car and it can happen from time to time! hmmm

This means they have no idea as the cause

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone had any luck with this? Mine still does it and two different dealers just use the "nothing in the logs, nothing we can do" card.

I am afraid not from me I have to go back to my dealer after replacing two injectors which they thought was the issue still not resolved I don't think there is a fix out there unfortunately.

Mines in Dealer today for other warranty work.

just received an email to say the car was slow to fire up this morning, and there is a TPI for this which takes about half hour. Basically asking if I was ok for them to do the software update.

Edited by Lew0-VRS

Mines in Dealer today for other warranty work.

just received an email to say the car was slow to fire up this morning, and there is a TPI for this which takes about half hour. Basically asking if I was ok for them to do the software update.

What is the TPI is there a number and do you know what it is exactly

Thanks for that has your start issue gone as a result of the software update?

It had only done it once twice when I first had it. And thought it was just me. Car wasn't even in for the cranking issue. They rang to say technician had noticed it was slow to crank. And there was a TPI software fix for it.

• 2 weeks later...

Asked the dealer to check on the TSB 320f he said he would but after a week I heard nothing .So as it turned out my car showed a over heating problem so back to the dealer it turns out that the 1.6 tdi has a bit of a problem with the water pump failing to engage .Left the car with them and asked if they could check out the starting problem as well so I am waiting for a reply let you know the outcome

Asked the dealer to check on the TSB 320f he said he would but after a week I heard nothing .So as it turned out my car showed a over heating problem so back to the dealer it turns out that the 1.6 tdi has a bit of a problem with the water pump failing to engage .Left the car with them and asked if they could check out the starting problem as well so I am waiting for a reply let you know the outcome

My 2014 VRS had a water pump fail at 30 k and Skoda assist kindly left me my missis and 9 month old baby on the side of the motorway. For 4 hours.

The reference quoted is for a vRS 2L TDI so I'm sure the dealer will say it is not applicable to the 1.6

• Like 1