boot wont open!

i have a 2004 fabia 1.2 htp classic trim. my boot wont open using the key fob. there is no lever by the drivers seat as it is a base model. when u push on the rubber handle underneath nothing happens, no noise no nothing. any ideas what it is, and is it an easy job to replace?

It sounds like your solenoid has gone.

You can open manually from inside.

Drop the rear seats, climb into the back, remove the plastic cover over the lock/catch at the bottom.

Pull the catch to the left and the boot pops open.

You will need another person to open it from the outside.

Good Luck

Edited by entapryz
  • Like 1

2004 Classic- same year as mine ,also base model, but I don't have hatch/boot remote- just a lever by driver door. Simple place to start looking for problem is to get boot open , then check for volts on wires to solenoid. Something simple like an interior /numberplate bulb will do if you don't have a meter. Operate remote- bulb lights/you get 12v , then all is well on wiring, and solenoid is suspect. Unless there's problems with the mechanics to the boot catch.

• 2 weeks later...

right today fitted new boot handle from skoda dealer. the plastic push fit on old unit had been bodged in past and repaired using wiring crimps! so re - wired using same method. fuse in fusebox is ok. closed bootlid, opened perfect for 3 attempts then stopped working again!

have also noticed that reverse lights dont work, a brand new switch, bulbs were fitted last year. fuse is ok.

also interior light in roof and boot light dont work either!

any ideas? I am pulling my hair out!

The reversing lights not working sounds like a separate issue to me. Pull the plug off the switch and bridge the terminals in the plug with wire from a paper clip or something. If the lights work it's the switch.

I recently renewed my reverse light switch with a pattern part (Topran) and it was rubbish - only worked when it felt like it. Bought a genuine one and it's been fine ever since.

where is the switch? wot does it look like?

Usually screwed into the gearbox. What's your gearbox code?

Looks like this...

s_l225.jpg

Edited by TMB