How to prevent losing bolt caps?

I don't know what you mean by safety bolts, but the Skoda caps do seem to come  off relatively easy - I suspect they get removed....Ours was missing a few on one side. I have fitted VW style Chinese copy caps on the Fabia, you have to order the right size for the bolt head. 20 std caps and 4 locking bolt caps was £7.95 (VAG price is about £2 per cap). The std caps fitted fine and I've not lost any since, but the locking caps were 1mm too small, my fault I got the measurement wrong. So I bought Skoda ones - Luckily I only needed 2.

• Like 1

I'm guessing that yankarinRG  was meaning security bolts, I tend to keep the bolt heads clean and apply a spot of superlub to them to avoid them being difficult to remove during winter months, never lost any yet - though what I consider to be the stupid change by VW and SEAT at least to having a hole in the centre to let you remove these newer flush fitting caps, lets salty water in to the bolt heads. Why they did not stick with the fake hex caps with a groove to assist with removing them I'll never know - style/progress I'd guess!

• Like 1

To answer the OP. You avoid losing them by fitting the correct size covers.

So are the ones lost the larger size that go on the Security Bolt but you had them just on the regular size bolt?

Why were the Safety bolts removed or did your car not come with any, but did have an oversized cap on each wheel?

• Like 1

To answer the OP. You avoid losing them by fitting the correct size covers.

So are the ones lost the larger size that go on the Security Bolt but you had them just on the regular size bolt?

Why were the Safety bolts removed or did your car not come with any, but did have an oversized cap on each wheel?

My car came with regular bolts so I assume regular caps as well.

To add in, some caps where coming off and I had to push them into position, so no thieves.

Here's a picture of the wheel:

https://i.imgur.com/lS8FA2v.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/M1qyJ5O.jpg

Edited by yankarinRG

The oem caps does not sit well on the oem security bolt delivered with the oem alloy wheels.

Ive lost two of them as well as one from the oem Seat etc wheel.

Never lost one from earlier owned Skodas, but at €2 a piece they may be easy money for the dealers.

Ill try fill'em with grease. At least that will prevent a rusty security bolt :)