Skip to content

chrisgreen

FREEDOM
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by chrisgreen

  1. Updates from my two. My last post here in March, the Fabia had just ticked over to 36,000 miles. Very much evident that it is used mostly for local driving, it's just made it to 37,000: Meanwhile, back in March the Superb was on 11,111. Come on a bit since then: I bought it with a tad over 5,000 on the clock, so I've done about 10K in it myself now.
  2. Hello. Drving to Germany via France and Belgium next month. First time I've taken the Superb out of the country. I am unclear whether the lights need beam converters or not (and I can't see anything in software to deal with it). These are the lights in question: Any help would be appreciated. I have all the other clutter that I need for driving over there (warning triangle, high-viz vests, snow chains, first aid kit, flame thrower, French and German Clean Air tags etc.) Thanks
  3. Interesting, your pic looks a lot like the damage often seen on areas like the DSG stick that is usually caused by people's rings hitting the trim as they shift. If your hands are not bejeweled, then this really is a case of substandard materials. That said, I've done 15.5K in mine in two years, wheel and DSG shifter plastic chrome still unblemished. No rings or bracelets, just an Apple Watch that doesn't interfere.
  4. Do you have a ring on your left hand by any chance?
  5. In short - no. And you would not get it cheaper. I buy quite a bit from Kopaeck, they are fine.
  6. As above. The car would have been fine for the rest of your trip. There were very few warning lights on the car that are “stop driving immediately”. Even the check engine light is rarely linked to anything that critical (usually just a malfunctioning sensor)
  7. It sounds more like a defective unit than anything that would be a coding issue.
  8. Are you sure the balance and fader settings on the head unit are set correctly (e.g. centred and not rear biased)?
  9. @CubbyQ Please excuse my ignorance on this but I have questions: 1) do all the coolant tanks have this silica bag in them? If not, is there an easy way to tell if I have it or not? 2) if I do have one, why is it a good idea to remove it (isn’t it supposed to be there)? Thanks Chris
  10. You might just have to just chance it. Don’t think many people use things like that on cars any more, in this day and age of roof boxes and hard-base roof bags that can sit directly on bars.
  11. Well I've just bought a 540L soft roof box (not a bag) from Halfords. It's big (70mm wide, I don't have the length to hand as it's not on Halfords Web site) but fits on both by Fabia II Combi and on my Superb III hatch, so will be absolutely fine on a Superb III Estate. https://www.halfords.com/motoring/roof-boxes/halfords-advanced-540l-soft-folding-box-341259.html It comes with both T-bolt fittings (not mentioned on the web site) and hook-style U-bolts. The latter is good if you are only fitting the box short-term (and being a hook rather than a full U-Bolt, they don't crush your bars. The fasteners inside the box are geared so you can't overtighten.
  12. I think I might try and cover the offending metal with some of this: https://www.hobbycraft.co.uk/black-self-adhesive-felt-sheet-a4/5728371000.html
  13. You may find that there are a couple of plastic fasteners attached to the carpet flaps at the back of the mat (where it meets the rear seats). These just pop out - it is unusual for these to even be fitted, more common on the Rapid (the saloon-shaped hatch) than the Spaceback.
  14. You would need to replace the whole seat, not something that can be retrofitted to the existing chair as the frame mechanicals are different.
  15. It just lifts out. It's not attached to anything, it just rests on top of the metalwork and covers the wheel well.
  16. Hi all Earlier this year I was fortunate to pick up, at a very good price, a very lightly used set of genuine Superb III roof bars for my 2023 Superb Hatchback. This morning, I finally got round to putting them on the car for the first time in order to test fit my new roof box. Anyway, when fitting the bars to the car - which I am well versed in doing as the genuine Superb bars use exactly the same fitting mechanism as the genuine bars I had for my Rapid Spaceback - I realised there was nothing covering the metal clamps on the sides that would come into context with the door frame and exterior of the car. Now. I’m sure that on my Rapid ones, those bits of metal that hook into the holes in the doorframe came covered in foam rubber on the side that would come into contact with the bodywork. But on the Superb bars there was nothing, and no sign that there ever had been. If anyone here has the genuine Superb III hatchback roof bars, could you please have a look at yours and tell me if there’s anything on those pieces of metal that go into the door frame to stop them coming into context with and scratching the paintwork? Thanks Chris
  17. Of that list - get the Goodyear's - its what I have on my Fabia. Excellent tyres.
  18. Part number will be stamped on the inner rim, either on one of the spokes or near the hub. If the wheel is still round, just get it refurbed. Quick and easy, and really not that expensive.
  19. There were a variety of different wheel designs and sizes offered. Get the part number off the eBay wheel and compare with your own to be sure. Also - do you really need a replacement alloy? Can't it be refurbished (or have you bent it out of shape?)
  20. That’s MIB2 facelift tech, so sadly not plug and play.
  21. I’m assuming this is the later, facelift integrated head unit tech rather than a Swing-to-Amundsen or Columbus upgrade? If so, that post-dates my experience of replacing head units in a Rapid I’m afraid. But I do know a dealer should be able to recode a component to work with your car without issue, as even the facelift hardware doesn’t lock for life to a single VIN. The dealer’s ODIS system can recode that.
  22. Not having Maxidot is not a problem. I did this upgrade in my mum’s poverty spec Fabia II Combi (switching from a Swing to an RNs-315 with integrated Bluetooth module). Without Maxidot you can’t get turn-by-turn in the instrument cluster, that’s all. Making the change doesn’t break anything. Making the move from a Swing to either an RNS-315 or RNS-510 (with integrated Bluetooth): you’ll need the head unit (obviously), a magnetic GPS antenna (this goes on the metal crossmember behind the dashboard) and the Skoda mic that fits inside the roof light cluster. It’s plug and play after that. Plenty of guides on here in this very sub forum. Also look in the Skoda Rapid forum, many members there (inc me) have also done the same upgrade. I can’t comment on the RCD-510.
  23. Don’t waste your time adding just the Bluetooth unit. The Swing radio is dreadful. Remove the radio, and source either an Amundsen (RNS-315) or a Columbus (RNS-510) - both of which come in variants with an integrated Bluetooth module (and both of which are cheap because VW has stopped producing new map updates for them. Not only is this a factory-fit drop in upgrade, this approach will 1) add the missing Bluetooth capability to your car, 2) still keep it to factory specs and 3) you will be amazed how much better the audio output from both of those head units is compared to the Swing.
  24. Best option for all season tyres is either Michelin CrossClimate or Goodyear Vector AllSeason. Both tyres are excellent in all conditions. Don’t waste your time with any other all-season makes. Nobody comes close to these two. However, for Winter-specific tyres, my recommendation is Uniroyal Winterexpert.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.