Skip to content

Papez

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Papez

  1. What brand was the timing chain? Some aftermarket chains become noisy in short time.
  2. Right pressure is 3bar relative to the intake air pressure. Disconnecting vacuum tube or measuring with engine off simulates intake air pressure being same as atmospheric pressure, which is why fuel pressure rises to 3bar.
  3. Multi-electrode plugs are prescribed by Skoda...
  4. Workshop manuals says around 2.5 bar. More important is, whether presure rises to around 3bar, when vacuum tube to the regulator is disconnected?
  5. That's because most people don't even know it wasn't installed in the factory - they were usually installed at dealership/importer, before they got to the customer.
  6. There are (atleast) three types of AC actually. One is original, documented in ETKA and workshop documentation, I posted picture earlier. They were introduced in 1997 or 1998. Other two were retrofit kits: One made by Diavia, looks almost like original heater unit for Favorit with some extra room for evaporator, which is placed right next to heater core. You can see it on this page. Notice repositioned PS oil reservoir (this instalation has PS pump placed above alternator) https://skoda-virt.cz/cz/auta/favorit-a-felicie/12063-colorline/ Second one was made by Alex (or atleast several topics mention it as Alex unit, but it might be just distributor in Czechia) and that's one which is present on pictures above. It replaces original fan housing piece of heater unit, which is why filter meant for heating won't fit. From what I've found, installations of these units had several variants, using different compressors, radiator fans, heater panels... Unfortunately, I couldn't find any more info or documentation about Diavia and Alex units. Edit: Found this page: https://www.alex-original.com/SKODA-Front-AC-units It doesn't list Felicia anymore, but I found PNs on another page: SKO 11135 - 1.3BMM SKO 11137 - 1.3MPI with PS SKO 11138 - 1.3MPI wothout PS SKO 11165 - 1.6 with PS SKO 11166 - 1.6 without PS SKO 11191 - 1.9D
  7. It depends, if your valves actually need some adjustment at 15000km intervals. Skoda service plan shows that valve clearance was checked at annual checks and every 30000km.
  8. One I posted has slot for filter behind evaporator, but this one is so crammed, that I'm not sure if there's any space for filter at all... One you have posted is variant for heating without AC, which is entirely different..
  9. You don't need keys to test lighter and interior light (the one on ceiling near center mirror) - those work with ignition off. There's not much fancy to say about Felicia It is really simple car by todays standard. You have Felicia 1.3 MPI 50kW hatchback, pre-facelift model. Judging by analog clock, it is base trim, with no optional equipment (except for headlamp washers and 4-spoke steering wheel I can see on pictures) The engine is evolution of Favorit 136 engine, with multipoint indirect injection (each cylinder has its own injector, but it's in intake, outside of combustion chamber). It is Euro 2 emission standard. It needs gasoline with atleast 95 octane rating (which is standard nowadays). In my opinion, it is the best engine you can have in Felicia, since it's reliable, fuel efficient (you can easily get below 6l/100 on average), and it's not much weaker than 1.6. Only downside is, that it can get quite noisy in higher RPM.
  10. Car in picture you posted doesn't have front foglights, so it doesn't have relay Second relay is for rear Intermittent wiper, which is optional equipment. Clock (atleast digital, I'm not 100% sure about mechanical) is powered from the same fuse (15) as interior light and lighter socket - do those work?
  11. then 1997 manual will do for you. Facelift is variant from January 1998, with Octavia-styled front end, painted bumpers and lighter interior. However, changes are mostly cosmetic compared to 1997, so even manual for newer model would work for you. Anyway, what issue do you have with your car?
  12. Model year is a different thing from actual year of manufacture. Model year 1998 started in summer 1997. I guess you have pre-facelift model, right?
  13. Well, it didn't sound like genuine question. Anyway, I did mine roughly every year. But I did about 30000km by that time.
  14. You didn't say anything abouth 12 months in your first reply. So what is yout point?
  15. Looks like you're right, I was confused by this plate, which is not present in my picture, i thought it's another variant of holder from the 1st picture. Looking again at that groove under hex screw, it looks like tensioning mechanism. Still, that belt route looks weird..
  16. I know about two variants of AC+PAS brackets, neither of them looks like yours...
  17. The car is not L&K. It just has L&K interior. No Felicia had power steering and AC from factory, but many have PS from factory and retrofited AC - which is this case. Problem is, that these instalations are different in each car.. Btw, how many Fabias had engimes with power steering pump?
  18. 15 000km = 9 300 miles. That's around ('~'symbol) 10k miles. Was it necessary to bump 2yr old thread for this?
  19. It's Felicia, Fabia block doesn't have pushrod cover under the cylinder head.
  20. @Bete Noir It's not needed, but I listed it for complete conversion.
  21. But alarm unit is in engine bay and it's only component in cetral locking circuit connected to ignition, which is why I suggested it first. Recently, I had to repair remote, because solder joints fell apart - your unit might have similar issue. Or seals might have failed and let moisture in.
  22. Fabia? No, but Felicia facelift front can be fitted. You'll need bonnet, lock mechanism for bonnet (depending on model year, you may not have larger hole for facelift mechanism in the front panel), headlamps, little panels that go between headlamps and bumper cover, bumper cover and bumper reinforcement (I hope I haven't forgot something)

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.