Skip to content

ChoonDoode

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by ChoonDoode

  1. That's it, I test drove 2 cars; one a poverty spec tdi vrs and the other a full loaded tfsi. Decided there and then I wanted to have front sensors just as a peace of mind. Then seens as the park assist wasn't too much more, I opted for that as well. I think the MY16 cars started to get a bit more as standard IIRC. Admundsen and CC were basics at the time I was looking at the end of 2015.
  2. Right, a while ago I blanked off my air filter inlet panel on the driver's side (the bit which would allow the air to go into the engine bay) with tape to see how the car would be and if it's of benefit. I did that along with removing the plastic grill from inside the air filter box as well. With the car going in for it's service in the next few weeks, I've checked the air intake side of it other and I'm pleased to report the following; the engine bay has stayed cleaner than when the section was open the air filter box didn't have a load of 'bits' rattling around the bottom the air filter itself is still remarkably clean (only needed to scrap a few flies off it) As blanking the driver's side outlet off hasn't shown any negative effects, I'm wanting to purchase the correct blanking plate. Now I've only been able to find one (5Q0129849) and I'm assuming because the intel part (5Q0129254B) is the same for all MQB cars. Just a bit hesitant to buy it without some proper delving into to as all the ads for them I've found say they're for the 2.0TFSI engine. Anyone able to verify the above please? Cheers
  3. Now this is your stereotypical case of 'the devil makes work for ideal hands'........ and it appears to have gone sideways. After a while of thinking to do it, I've finally fitted an aftermarket dogbone mount bush; a Powerflex Front Lower Engine Mount Hybrid Bush (Large) PFF85-833BLK to be precise. I chose the black series just to get the 'best' I suppose, but I don't know if that's the root of the problem with it being more track orientated. Unless I've fitted it incorrectly and or bought the wrong one, it's vibrating like a right beepity beep. When you have the car idling, there's a little bit of an additional hum, but I was expecting that. The main issue appears when you go to move away and when the revs are between 1 and 1.5k, there is an almighty vibration which goes through the whole car. I drove the car up my close and the vibrations go away completely when you're over 1.75k. I've had the car back on the ramps to make sure I've not done a schoolboy error and forgotten to tighten it all up, but everything is as tight as it's recommended (I don't want to tighten it any more in case I break something) Now I had to go to work this morning (slightly knobbled car or not) and I was able to check it going through the gears properly, even up the motorway. Once your moving, it's fine. As is accelerating (which actually feels better). But go into the above rev range and it's god awful. I understand the rubber mounts are deliberately designed to get rid of any harshness, but deary me, if this is what a poly bush feels like, I've well and truly made a mistake fitting this. I'm at a bit of a loss because I had to 'chop' the old one out. Help. Advise. Please 😢

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.