Everything posted by freelunch
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
I suppose this should be posted under "What I didn't do to my Superb III today" I was driving into the sun the other day and was surprised to see how dirty the inside of my windscreen was. No one has ever smoked in the car, I don't know how that film of grease got there. Anyway, on Friday I cleaned the front windscreen, then got around to the back. Lifted the hatch, removed the parcel shelf, leaned it up against the wall of the Café G (I park on the street) climbed into the boot and gave the rear window a good clean. Excellent. Sunday, we went for a two-day road trip. When I unpacked the car, I finally realised that I had forgotten to replace the parcel shelf. D'oh! Double d'oh!! Got home yesterday, hoping that the parcel shelf would still be leaning against the wall where I left it... So, what's the best way to replace the parcel shelf. Dealer? e-Bay? Breakers?
-
Low speed manoeuvering
Don't know if I'm on the wrong track here, but the stock Superb gas pedal has a lot of movement before anything begins to happen. If that is the problem, a pedal box solves it. If the car is reluctant to move when the revs rise, maybe it's brake pads not releasing? Wheel bearings shot? Put the car on a lift/jack and spin the wheels around to see if anything is binding. Also, you can adjust the "stiffness" of the steering wheel in the infotainment unit.
-
The Superb III Picture thread
I guess they changed the name of the colour. Dragon Skin is much more accurate than Dragon Green. I worried that Škoda engineers were colour blind!
-
Pencil behind dashboard!
@ApertureS Those pictures hurt my eyes and made me dizzy for five minutes.
-
New battery time, recommendations?
If you want to take the easy road, Halford's installed and "coded" a EFB096 stop/start battery with a 5-year guarantee for me for £150 all in. Mind, that was March. It's probably twice that now.
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
You probably could have paid for a couple new batteries for the cost of parking for two months!
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
Shell V-Power. I just can't help myself. The motorway services are always top price.
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
Spent £114,71 for 57.1 litres of petrol at Peterborough Services.
-
Superb MKIII owners register
Ha! Nothing looked better than my beautiful black Brera after it was washed and waxed. Last black car I'll ever own... I like your Dastardly Dan wheels.
- Your favourite S3 accessories!
- Your favourite S3 accessories!
-
The Superb III Picture thread
Superb!
-
The Superb III Picture thread
@Roscio Very good looking car. Did you finally get tired of having to wash a black car every five minutes? 😄
-
Collected Sportline Plus yesterday. Kerbed the wheels today!😭
I call my Vegas "kerb feelers".
-
Another Drivers Seat Position Post
Unless I'm missing something, the steering wheel also adjusts up and down, and in and out. That help?
-
272 Superb OPF stageIII
I've always lusted after a Mustang, but when I looked closely, they are very wide. Wider than my Sportline. Don't drive one in Napoli. 🤪 Oh, and the cost of fuel has suddenly become more of a concern...
-
Weird warning
I'm expecting that to come up sometime between July and October.
-
Using the OBD Eleven to change car battery
I had Halfords replace my AGM battery in March (EFB096) fitted and coded for £150.
-
Lowering with dcc shocks
That's a good looking car! 😃
-
L&K 2018 - Stick or twist
I don't know what the law is these days, but it used to be that you had to pay import duty on a vehicle if you sold it within a year of importation. This might help: https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-registration
-
Battery replacement advice?
If I read your post right, you're still on the original 5-year-old battery. Sounds like it's time to replace it. I noticed my infotainment system was very slow to start up, slow to load navigation and media. The hand on the door wouldn't work on occasion and I'd have to use the key. Also, stop/start wouldn't kick in until I'd driven for about 20 minutes. Then, the car wouldn't start. I had a home start, then drove straight to Halfords. They coded in a new battery and all the things I mentioned above were cured. I thought five years out of a car battery was pretty good, especially as it will sit for two weeks at a time without being started.
-
Delivery Delays
I bought a demo: price off and immediate delivery. Mind, that was 2017...
-
2.0 TSI Remap Options
Because it is simple and I can understand it. It was recommended by other Briskoda users. It came with a money back guarantee. I had the money. I have a MaxiScan OBD II code reader, which I plugged in once, read the report and haven't used since. The pedal box works for me.
-
2.0 TSI Remap Options
I have had a DTUK pedal box on my Sportline for the past five years. It immediately eliminated the 1" too 1 1/2" of dead throttle pedal travel before anything happened, which makes low speed manoeuvres, like parallel parking, much more easily controlled. It does not make your car faster, it only modifies the signal to the ECU. It has settings which make the throttle input more or less aggressive. I have it set to one of the least aggressive settings. I have left the pedal box in place during all five dealer annual services and it has never been mentioned. I have declared it to my insurance company. For £180, I thought it was a bargain.
-
Buying New Superb: Option Questions
I find the comfort mode quite useful in certain circumstances. Rough surfaced B-roads can be tamed to a degree, as long as you're not travelling too fast. And city driving around speed bumps, too. I resorted to Comfort twice in the last couple days driving around Norfolk.