Everything posted by OldKaroq
-
windscreen chip
I agree, a new screen seems a little drastic. As the OP, the pics above relate to my Karoq windscreen. The repair was sound, I struggle to see where the damage was! I did it through my insurer - they use AutoWindscreens. In my case, the chip did not measure 3mm. Would your insurer use a different company? The repair was so fast (20 mins) im thinking it may not be too costly to get it done yourself, or at least get quotes. A friends car survived ages with a chip on his windscreen. But he hit a pot hole, and the cracked the screen from top to bottom.
-
Colour Choice
Im in Harlech at the moment. The car isn't dirty as we haven't seen rain for weeks. But it is extremely dusty, not that it shows at this distance!
-
Colour Choice
The Phoenix Orange was an unknown quantity regarding washing. I was pleasantly surprised. Today it needs a wash but it is way too hot. It still manages to look nice and shiny even when its very dusty. The Business Grey was good too, but sadly gone as a choice.
-
Heated Front Screen
+1 In the last 12 months no passenger has used the heated rear seats in my Karoq. Complete waste of money and resources.
-
windscreen chip
😂 Reading the above I thought I had clicked on to the wrong website!!! Its been countless years since I exercised inside the car! I put my back out adding loft insulation so my mind boggles at the very thought of "car exercise" 😆 I am not a runner and I have no dog for dog breath or dogging, but I have a kettle so will try that thanks J.R. This thread has not ended as I expected.......😳
-
windscreen chip
Ok, reporting back. The repair is done, with an after and before pic. The 10mm crack can just about be seen, as its no more than 3mm now - took a while to find the damage after the guy had done it - a good sign! He was from Alaska - never chatted to an Alaskan before, and probably never will again! Anyway all looks good to me. He said there was a little dirt had got in to the chip, which he couldn't remove. Strange thing, he had never come across this type of heated windscreen before. I found myself explaining it was a copper conductive heated screen with no filament/wires. So he couldn't advise me if it would affect the heating element or not. Little chance of needing the heated screen till the Autumn and I cant think of a way of testing it.
-
windscreen chip
Good idea, thanks. It helps having the warmer weather now.
-
windscreen chip
Tbh I don't think they will be able to do anything repair wise. I was originally going to do a wait and see what happens. A friend had a small crack on her windscreen, went down a pot hole which jarred the car, and the crack become huge. Its such a tiny little chip too. Must be brittle glass. I will report back next week!
-
windscreen chip
Many thanks for the replies Nottslan and Dappernut. Yes Dappernut, there is a 5mm crack extended. Nottslan I have got on to my insurers and they use Auto Windscreens and appointment booked for next Friday. I did have a text asking for a pic, but I was filling the form online on my laptop and seemed to qualify for an appointment for a repair as I had to say which area of the screen is damaged. It was a "D" area, (nearest to passenger door) where the drivers vision side is an "A". The chip is not in an area where it is swept by the passengers side wiper blade. Cost is £15 excess if I use the recommended repairer and doesn't affect my No Claims.
-
windscreen chip
Washing the Karoq today I noticed a small windscreen chip. I took a pic but its a bit blurry and didn't like its photograph being taken. It measures about 10mm wide, horizontally, on the far passenger side of the car. The screen is the new "wireless" heated type. I have no idea if the heated screen still works, but the light comes on and I can hear a relay click on when I turn it on. I don't remember a stone hitting recently so it probably happened some weeks ago. My plan was to monitor the crack for now but I have no previous experience of this happening. Has anyone had this problem?
-
Corrosion on 68 plate Karoq - disappointing
It is a bad design, badly finished.
-
Karoq pictures
That's actually true!! My previous Karoq in Business Grey was often lost in car parks as the suspicious guy went around pressing the fob to try to notice the indicators flashing to pick it out.... No such problems now!!! 😆
-
New Karoq owner
Me too! Briefly, I thought my life was over..... 😢 I felt sure that little torch would save the day. Im over it now.
-
Soon to be new owner, a question
I have the later model Karoq, and ordered the space-saver wheel by mistake - my previous Karoq had the full size spare. But thinking about it, I have very rarely if ever had a puncture away from home, in my 48 years of driving. So its a gamble, the full size would be better, but im not too upset as there is an unintended benefit. My boot is now deeper, giving quite a bit more useful space. So for me its a trade off - space that can be used daily, as opposed to the small risk of a puncture.
-
New Karoq owner
The previous model Karoq had automatically adjusting LED lights also! So im missing a few things from my previous Karoq - a rechargeable torch, and 2 x extra hanging hooks in the boot! Im sure there must be other stuff too...you pay more, and get less.😟
-
Rear view mirror usb port
I bought the top of the range Sportage in 2015 a First Edition model and sold it a year later. A diesel "tractor" engine, terrible steering, creaking sunroof and a serious judder on braking that the dealer always reported "no fault found". No more Kia for me, put me off that brand. I much prefer German car parts! I do hope you have more luck.
-
Rear view mirror usb port
The "pack spec" is a disincentive or me. Taking away something that was available, or just adding a load of expensive extras that are not wanted - makes me, a loyal Skoda customer, start to look elsewhere.
- 1.5 TSI engine cover
-
1.5 TSI engine cover
Skoda seem to be getting desperate to save a few quid. I would have been disappointed had the latest model not had the engine cover that my previous Karoq had.
-
1.5 TSI engine cover
-
Karoq pictures
I wasn't going to mention the cheese graters (cruel nickname, but very apt) now you have said it, I agree with you on that too! Car looks fantastic, pleased for you.
-
Karoq pictures
Very nice Modders!! What colour is it? I had Business Grey (which I really liked) last time before I went a little crazy and pressed the BRIGHT COLOUR button on my Karoq order....😆
-
Amundsen and USB-c
I think I have those same manuals somewhere... Always felt safer surrounding myself with that physical presence of paper. Although I don't think I ever looked at them!!
-
Rear view mirror usb port
I agree. It was a USP for Skoda. When other manufacturers had only "packs" on offer, I was attracted to Skoda - having exactly what I wanted, nothing more. There is a little less to making the Skoda brand different and stand out now IMO.
-
Locking Wheel Nut?
Yes, that's it!!