Skip to content

OldKaroq

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by OldKaroq

  1. OldKaroq replied to Rory's topic in Skoda Karoq
    Bonus!
  2. OldKaroq replied to Rory's topic in Skoda Karoq
    Im losing the plot, sorry.
  3. OldKaroq replied to Rory's topic in Skoda Karoq
    Thats all interesting! My driving instructor was keen on me to use the indicators and its stuck with me. Traffic would flow better on roundabouts if others were to do the same. However im going off topic.... @Rory, do you intend to keep the Tiguan then? My wife's Fabia is also 8 years old and we are keeping that, for now.
  4. OldKaroq replied to Rory's topic in Skoda Karoq
    I remember fighting the steering with a loaner Octavia. I could not find out how to turn it off. A totally unnecessary feature IMO. Hope they don't become a standard item.
  5. OldKaroq replied to Rory's topic in Skoda Karoq
    Ah understood thanks. I was going to keep my first Karoq, but the trade in was so high at the time it was a no brainer to go for another, updated one.
  6. OldKaroq replied to Rory's topic in Skoda Karoq
    I ordered my 2nd Karoq on 2nd May 2022, and was given a Vehicle order Form (same with my first Karoq) where the agreement was set down, knowing exactly what was to pay,. trade-in etc. The car avoided late May22. Both times the Dealer honoured the stated price. Were you given the vehicle order form? Ah, sorry I just noticed the mention of PCP. I used the VW finance then repaid it. I am unfamiliar with PCP, it must be different.
  7. Sorry to hear of your problems. What you are experiencing is far from normal, but that does not help you much! I think you have been very patient, but it's time to reject. Im sure all your faith in the Karoq has gone. I had many problems with a Kia Sportage and couldn't wait to get shut of it.
  8. Perhaps the OP simply meant the search did not reveal a ticket holder suitable for a Karoq, as in an original part? I tried, and could not find one. Correct me if im wrong though....
  9. Welcome to Karoq ownership! Hope you will be happy with your new Skoda. Im on my 2nd Skoda, and I have never bought the same car twice in all my years of car ownership.
  10. OldKaroq replied to Choclab's topic in Skoda Karoq
    Im presuming your Karoq has the DSG gearbox? If so, its almost normal - somewhat of an all or nothing start off. I adopt a gentle right foot approach, but can still be caught out in the wet as you say. My 2018 Karoq DSG was same.
  11. I can only agree with your choice of colour gentlemen. 😁
  12. You did right by not giving them your business. The wheel arch trims were standard SE L spec at the time of purchase last year I think. They were not part of any spec combination as far as I know.
  13. That's cheeky!!!
  14. I do agree.... In Wales the built in sat nav tried to take me off a good fast "A" road to go on a "B" road which rejoined several hundred yards further on. It did get me to take the narrowest track I have been on, over a bridge with an inch or two clearance on each side. There were no opportunities to turn around. I was only using the nav out of desperation, Google Maps had no signal unfortunately.
  15. This worked, thanks! Hopefully thats the last I see of the "Update available" message. Until next update.
  16. We are not yet ready to change our 2015 Fabia, but I always keep a look out for possible replacements. The Fabia is now just a little too low to easily get into and out of. I did look at the Kamiq - very nice! But still a bit low. Probably the VW T-Cross is my fave at the moment, chunky and it gets over the riding height problem. I do love the Karoq, personally. My second Karoq, and I have never bought the same car twice. I do hope you enjoy your ownership.
  17. So we have to install an update not related to our cars, just to stop the message appearing? Yes a waste of time, by the sound of it..... Too much to ask, a "targeted" update.
  18. @kodiaqsportline Mine would seem to be in your category 2... I don't have access to my Karoq for about a week but I will definitely give this a go - many thanks!! This will help @Keithjock and others hopefully.
  19. Hi Chris Yes that is a possibility, but it is happening every time I drive the car. Possibly a difference with mine being an Amundsen system? No message to lock the car, as yet. I too did not join Skoda Connect. Barry
  20. Hi I keep getting this message after an "update" weeks ago. I press OK or Later when the car is at rest - nothing. Message disappears. Anyone else has this? Thanks h
  21. 😳 Glovebox pen now inserted in glovebox pen clip. Amazing. Thanks.
  22. OldKaroq replied to survey's topic in Skoda Karoq
    Similar with me not clear at all. Cant see much difference - but there is a now a choice of 3 "clocks" when the infotainment system is off. Strange thing, every few days a message comes on to show updating in progress ( when the car is briefly stationary ) and this shows an update is about a third completed. I get to my destination, no sign of updating. Im presuming it will sort itself out.
  23. Good choice of colour!! The heated screen is useful, and no filaments showing.
  24. No replies to this question sadly. Just a minor annoyance. Is it a legal disclaimer to keep the lawyers at bay?
  25. Let us know how you get on!

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.