Everything posted by OldKaroq
-
Lane Assist and ACC
Well I did find your post patronising, mentioning poor driver habits and inattentive drivers..... I guessing the Octavia I loaned was definitely set to come on "early"!! To be fair I think a "late" setting would be much more acceptable. But not needed for the driving I do, having only driven in the UK. "Sound like it could have been set to Early Only since you were 17 !!!!" Not sure what you mean by this? Im no luddite, im not against progress. The Kia Sportage I had detected every car that was overtaking me on the motorway, making me jump with the sudden warning chime. Yes, I know there is a vehicle passing, I can see it, etc. I havnt used cruise control for years. I somehow manage without it. Conversely my Karoq has a DSG gearbox, im happy to trust it to change gears for me. Hopefully relying on these gizmos won't make drivers lazy and sloppy, like not indicating on roundabouts etc....
-
Lane Assist and ACC
Im pleased the driver aids work for you, and make life easier. But im firmly in the other camp. If im driving the car, im driving. Im not reading the newspaper, im not surfing i am watching the road and concentrating. The Octavia I mentioned was loaned to me while my Karoq was serviced, so i could drive the 10 miles home and back again. The lane assist was switched on, and I couldn't find out how to switch it off. It was tugging my grip this way and that way, I never felt in control. It felt a dangerous journey. Can it allow for swerving for a deep pot-hole and a wobbly cyclist? Or would it pull your steering wheel back? I have been driving since I was 17, so thats 50 years now. I read the road, leaving a good distance behind the car in front so achieve a smooth drive.
-
Lane Assist and ACC
This is one reason im sticking with my 22 SEL. After fighting the steering with a loaned Octavia I was put off that function for life!!
-
Unlocking with Kessy
Hi Congrats on your new car! Looks great. On the display screen, go to Settings, scroll down to Openand Closing, it gives a sub menu to choose 4 doors, one door etc.
-
Nearly 2 years of ownership.
Ah that would make sense, thank you!! I have an occasional rear brake squeal/squeak but I intend to leave it until the service is due in April.
-
Nearly 2 years of ownership.
Sorry, Im being a bit dim here, but what is TPI? Google came up with loads of suggestions but none seem to fit....
-
Goodbye
Best of luck David! Im on my 2nd Karoq and have the 5 year warranty, so I will keep mine for another 2 years minimum. I did look at the Elroq but it's a little too wide, and I dislike the laptop sized screen on the dashboards of electric cars. Im a big fan of buttons and knobs.
-
LED or Matrix LED? --- please help ID
I agree with you Jim. And for a 10-13 year old car I would almost expect 3 owners. Bought to resell is a bit cheeky, a quick turnaround but dropping the value in the process. Hope this does not become common, a new way to make a few quid. Flip side is it’s not been resold due to a problem.
-
LED or Matrix LED? --- please help ID
Hi Jon This is my facelift April 2022 SE L Karoq. LED lights, not matrix im afraid. Im perfectly happy with them. It looks more like the white car shown immediately above. The reflections are unwelcome but its blowing a gale out there 😆 No cornering lights. My 2018 SE L had them, which were nice but I do not really miss them to be honest.
-
New brochure/pricelist eff 3.1.25
Definitely agree. They were standard to the SE L spec I wanted. And I always thought it would give the car Varioflexability if needed. And as I mentioned, back along I was doing deliveries 5 days a week in early Covid times. Boy was I pleased I had those seats then! My mother is 95. I may need to ahhh... move her one day? 😂 Dont get me wrong, shes lovely and has a GSOH. I took out the 5 year warranty so I will keep this Karoq as it does what I want it to and has exactly the kit I need. Glad I specced the heated windscreen. No filament wires so its especially good.
-
New brochure/pricelist eff 3.1.25
I honestly thought I would have used the varioflex seating more than I have. In fact, come to think of it, I have never had the seats out of this car and it will be celebrating its third birthday in April. I did have better use out the varioflex seats in my previous 2018 Karoq, especially in Covid times when I took them all out and the car become a small van for deliveries! Like you, I can do without the speed monitoring thank you very much.😄
-
New brochure/pricelist eff 3.1.25
Screen size, the Columbus is larger. That would be ok. But I don’t like gesture control. I’m old fashioned enough to want physical buttons and dials. Safer for one thing.
-
New brochure/pricelist eff 3.1.25
I wonder if it would be possible NOT to have these features? If any of these were an extra, I would not select them.
-
Sportline Edition
Over my two SEL's I have endured 7 years of picnic tables. Never used once, except by grandchildren trying to destroy them ( we are governed by the rules of "gentle parenting" 😖 ). They are more robust that I expected!
-
Cruise or Limiter - what do you prefer?
True, but is this really such a problem? We are driving, after all.... Personally I have not used cruise control for a great many years.
-
Some squeaking in brakes
I find your post interesting! My 2018 Karoq never had this problem, but my 2022 model suffers intermittent loud squeaks and squawks, probably triggered by reversing, then carries on for a while off and on, but especially when starting to brake. Similar to what has been written above, it starts during certain weather conditions only. I will probably not bother taking it in under warranty - far too many times in the past I have been told by dealerships No Fault Found on various cars I have owned. Sometimes with the problem reappearing on the drive home.
-
Insurance charges on 2021 Karoq 1.5Tsi SEl
Good suggestion Tom. I renewed my Karoq with LV last month. Premium had fallen by 10% compared to the previous year.
-
Coasting - what do people think ?
That would be an improvement, I would prefer to turn it off, if I could. I do prefer the "natural" in-gear slowing down rather than the slight "runaway" feeling I have with coasting.
-
Extortionate fees at Skoda dealership
Im sorry. I was referring to the diagonal crease down the doors. My wife (who isn't into cars) commented that a neighbour with an Ioniq 5 must of had an accident or hit his gate-post....🙄
-
Extortionate fees at Skoda dealership
Is that the one with the dented doors? 😬
-
Karoq Edition
I do remember a few years ago I ordered a Karoq and asked what happens if I cancel the order. I was told no problem at all, they were glad of a new car to sell straight away. And that they would refund my deposit also. I would feel a bit hard done by too! As you say, bad timing but still.... Hope you get it sorted to your satisfaction.
-
Buying Skoda Karoq - (noob) questions
Im sure you are right, but I did loan a Skoda Octavia whilst my Karoq was serviced last year. I remember fighting the steering to go in the direction I wanted to go - I was driving. Or I thought I was! Put me off ever having it.
-
Juddering DQ200 DSG / 1.5TSi
I do agree. Except that this never once happened in my 2018 DSG Karoq and I had this car for almost 4 years. Perhaps it varies from car to car.
-
Juddering DQ200 DSG / 1.5TSi
I have similar Rory. My Karoq was made about the same month and year, and the DSG can judder occasionally. Usually starting from rest, first gear, especially on a slight incline. Perhaps a bit worse when starting from cold and/or car unused for a few days. If it judders i sometimes put the car in sport mode briefly, this seems to stop it happening. As you say, it is an occasional problem, that I never have when the engine is warmed up. Does this sound familiar? My previous 2018 SE-L Karoq did not have this problem. This was before a GPF was fitted, perhaps this made a difference to the set-up.
-
Electric Tailgate
What a faff. Im so pleased I can manage to open and close the tailgate myself! 😜