Everything posted by sealover1
-
Electrical relay problems (Help & Advice Please)
I dont know the RAC guy said when he moved the box about it played up all I can do is clean all the relays and sockets really if I can feel a plug in the back give that a clean
-
Electrical relay problems (Help & Advice Please)
No taking it out then :(
-
Electrical relay problems (Help & Advice Please)
does anyone have a photo of 1 of these taken out or the name of the relay box?
-
Electrical relay problems (Help & Advice Please)
MicMac do you know if there is a plug that that relay box plugs into that I could clean out
-
Electrical relay problems (Help & Advice Please)
No I never heard of it MicMac so thought got be worth a go as WD does have a good rep, electrics is the last problem that keeps going wrong on my car I wish there was a fair priced place I could take it where they would go right through it, spent loads trying to keep my Skoda running well cuz I do love the car, just as well I only paid cheap for it even though it had full service history, cuz it left me with some to spend on bits but Jesus I never expected this much lol
-
Electrical relay problems (Help & Advice Please)
I bought some WD-40 Specialist Fast Drying Contact Cleaner with Smart Straw 400ml cant do no harm and not oily like standard WD40
-
Electrical relay problems (Help & Advice Please)
is WD40 a good cleaner to spray in the relay slots?
-
Electrical relay problems (Help & Advice Please)
well when it broke down it said OIL when he done a scan it said glow plugs then he reset everything and all the lights have gone off now, he just said the problem lies when he moves this relay box about but its very Intermittent, I could take out all the relays and clean them and spray some contact cleaner (WD40) in the connectors prise the cover off ? is the cover not off then? yea had loads of problems with this car but mainly now all electrical a scan seems pointless as soon as the electrical thing happens something else will say its wrong, when it does drive though she drives really sweet
-
Electrical relay problems (Help & Advice Please)
Hi Guys, Car broke down again and again points to electrical or relay problems, the RAC guy said it was coming from this relay box (see photo) but its intermittent and I'm really not sure what to do next. New Box or will used box help as per money is strapped being on a low income if a new box does anyone know the correct name for this box or the part number please? should I buy new relays? and best of all does this box just unplug If anyone can help I'd be really grateful. make and name of car is in my signature .
-
Octavia Mk2 Workshop Manual free download
Octavia VRS sounds nice, mine is a 2007 Scout 4x4 quite nippy seeing its been remapped to 190bhp but for ever getting lecky problems with it, I bought it cheap so had a lot of moment for repairs i guess I wanted a 4x4 as I live in a place where a 4x4 and a big estate boot comes in handy
-
Octavia Mk2 Workshop Manual free download
I never released just how popular this thread would be... thanks RG for validating the link is still live
-
Octavia Mk2 Workshop Manual free download
Yea I do try to do most things myself I treated myself to a Hex-V2 Duel-k & Can few months ago its only a 3 Vin but I only own 1 skoda lol
-
Octavia Mk2 Workshop Manual free download
were close mate I just moved from paighton (Torbay) to kingsbridge down the road...Al . https://mega.nz/#!h1dkiaQZ!yhdd--xrkMGjNMEMslkXjLo4VgNzqtHzG1jumO6PsIU
-
Octavia Mk2 Workshop Manual free download
Guys there are live links in the thread if you only look but here it is again . https://mega.nz/#!h1dkiaQZ!yhdd--xrkMGjNMEMslkXjLo4VgNzqtHzG1jumO6PsIU
-
immobilizer active car wont start advice please
yea I have given it a new battery as well, trouble is with the wiring is that things keep on happening i mean all different things so it wont be just 1 loose wire, anyways I love my skoda and keeping her going no matter what
-
immobilizer active car wont start advice please
oh I thought they would all have to be changed I really like my skoda be it a bit old I spent a lot on it new cam and followers/belt,brakes all around,steering rack and a few other odds and ends, but saying that I got her 2 years ago for £1500 with a full service history so that was really cheap and gave me space for repairs, but you never know do you, I plan on keeping her for some years so will try and look after it
-
immobilizer active car wont start advice please
yea that was me MicMac but its going to have to wait now I only just put all new shocks in new brakes new steering rack and the cash flow is servery dented right now and I dont drive much even less so at the moment so going to keep my fingers crossed right now as I just dont have the cash to have it rewired, god only knows how much that would cost
-
immobilizer active car wont start advice please
thanks guys I went out this morning and it works fine again, bloody car seems to do this alot last time all the dash stopped working then started working again few hours later
-
immobilizer active car wont start advice please
Hi guys cant get my car to start well it starts but then says immobilizer active on the dash changed the key battery no joy I have a code reader can it be turned off from there? any advice please as car wont start
-
Octavia Mk2 Workshop Manual free download
the link is still live guys.... https://mega.nz/#!h1dkiaQZ!yhdd--xrkMGjNMEMslkXjLo4VgNzqtHzG1jumO6PsIU
-
ECU problems or not?
Hi Guys my car broke down and I replaced the ECU relay and all was well but then it broke down again and the RAC come out and said there's nothing wrong with the relay or the fuse box, it was either the ECU or the wiring coming from the ECU. I took the ECU out and had that checked and getting it back today hopefully but they say its working fine and nothing wrong with it. do you think it could be the connector to the ECU? maybe just a case of spraying in some connection cleaner? has anyone else had this problem? this is starting to do my head in now i'm disabled and stuck in a small village and got no transport to go help my mother any ideas please? Skoda Octavia Scout MK2 2007 2.0 TDI Estate Engine BMM 103kw 140hp
-
instrument cluster fuses?
Hi guys My instrument cluster has stopped working, I have replaced F6 fuse in the engine compartment (Version 2) but still not working. can still drive the car and the indicators and wipers are all working, I have no speedo dash lights rev counter no ignition lights at all. are there any other fuses I can try? Thanks for any help
-
Octavia Mk2 Workshop Manual free download
Hi Guys I found this Octavia Mk2 Workshop Manual free download not sure how long it will last let me know when it does not. have tried it myself and seems fine. hope its ok to post this if not please remove PDF software install instructions comes with it 2.3GB in size if it stops working I could always upload it for anyone who wants it just PM me http://bit.do/octavia-mkll-manual
-
Advice about faulty horn
HI I need some Advice about faulty horn please I pressed it yesterday to let a friend know I was at a meeting point it beeped once and then stopped working, from what I can tell the horn fuse is number 17 under the bonnet would this be correct? anyways the fuse seems ok. when pressing the horn I can here the relay make a clicking sound does this mean its working or not? not sure which is the horn relay though? can someone tell me where the horn is located? any help of advice would be great please as I need to go for an mot soon