Skip to content

UndertheRadar

FREEDOM
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by UndertheRadar

  1. If the switch pack was to say, fry itself before it made it to the dealer. Then it would be quite clearly a fault
  2. Cheers. I have two of those in my set, so it’s just been me today. I’ll sort it out in the morning when I’m in better form and can concentrate properly. Ive an annoying creak coming from either the screen or the frame behind it. A slight touch on the bevel while driving is enough to stop it completely. So I just need to drop it forward enough to add some padding tape behind it, Hopefully!!
  3. I see Mercedes have finally named a vehicle after the method they use to work out the price of their parts.
  4. Does anyone know the exact key needed for removing the Columbus 2.5 unit? Ive my usual and generally quite trusty 40 piece set here and none of the usual suspects fit. my heads not quite right today (chronic migraines) and just checking incase it’s me before I order more keys/pins. cheers folks.
  5. We had a traders policy, so at 19 I was driving a 24V Carlton. Always loved the Rover turbos though. Had a 220 turbo coupe, several 620ti’s and a couple of 820 vitesse’s. This 272 sort of reminds me of a modern version of the latter two.
  6. Those wee Uno turbos were great craic. Friend of mine had one at the time, and was pulled over for inappropriate acceleration😂. Think he changed it for a Renault 5 turbo. Another great fun wee motor. I’d a Mk2 Astra at the time with a modded calibra turbo engine, that confused folks as it should have been a 1.6. Good times!!
  7. It’s a scam. I’ve had three already this week. There’s a warning on gov website if you google it.
  8. Can’t think it will make it to auction. It’s probably been underwritten by either a supermarket as stated above or by a non franchised dealer. A main dealer would have to allow for billable’s such as caliper refurbishment, to return them to factory finish, checking for contamination of paint on seals etc. The aftermarket rims would have to be replaced with genuine wheels to mitigate liability with Chinese copies cracking and causing an accident (worst case always assumed). This would again be billable to the vehicle. The module can be reflashed to factory standard, but the fact it has been mapped means disclosing this to future owner. This removes the engine and drivetrain from the remainder of the manufacturers warranty. Therefore they can’t offer it as a used approved Skoda vehicle. Therefore it’s not a main dealer forecourt retail car. nothing wrong with it whatsoever, it’s just the way the sector works.
  9. You’d have to buy it trade from the dealer, so I’d be going in several thousand less than that, seeing as it’s not a forecourt retail vehicle. Not running it down either. It’s just the way it works.
  10. The front is no different to any other you’ll have done. The rears with Electric park brake need to be set in service mode with a diagnostic or OBDEleven etc before pushing the piston back.
  11. Finance? I just assumed you’d that much money in your account from not having bought an Xbox or a PS5 that you’d just be buying it cash?
  12. To be honest, I’ve always found the more powerful the car I’m driving the more lazy and laid back I become, and the easier I drive.
  13. I’ve a 272 with DCC and it acts exactly the same as your description. I’ll probably end up with a set of Bilsteins and Eibach springs to sort the issue out. The standard set up is an absolute joke, IMO!!
  14. did anyone manage to pre order a PS5? I tried everywhere from 8am on and they were basically sold as soon as i tried to order.
  15. I need to order a set of winters, and wondered if anyone had any experience or opinions, on either the Michelin pilot alpin 5/6 or Continental Contiwintercontact ts 850p Before I order some.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.