Everything posted by Phoenixboy
-
Dash rattle?
I've now owned my 2019 Octavia 1.5tsi se dsg for around a month now, I've picked up on a rattle/resonance sound, seems to be coming from my front dash area, somewhere near to my dash clocks or maybe slightly to the right of them. The noise seems to occur once my car is fully warmed up, between 20mph & 40mph, but can sometimes hear it above those speeds. The noise does not occur when the car is stationary & I rev it up. It occurs when I'm slowly accelerating up through the rev range, not usually above 4k. I've checked all the obvious stuff, not easy when you are driving. Not the sunglasses holder, doesn't seem to be coming from the heater vents or display screen area.. Not sure if mine has the sound amplifier? Any ideas? I have an extended warranty that doesn't cover rattles. I think I'm doing well, as this is the only slight annoyance that I have with my car, otherwise I'm finding it an excellent drive & surprisingly very good on fuel.
-
Octavia mk3 booked in for repair under warranty
Have you physically checked your pads yourself for movement within their carriers? Obviously the wheels would need to come off to do so. I once owned a car that had a low speed rattle, especially over speed bumps. It was the pads, replaced them then the noise disappeared. Although I could physically move the pads a mm or so up and down within their carriers, obviously with the car jacked up and foot off the brake.
-
Cazoo Bother
There also especially seems to be an extra premium paid on one owner low mileage used cars. I sold my car only to Cazoo, but the service I received from them was exemplary and payment was made immediately. They have also put up their collection charges from £99 to £149, also noticed a general £49 admin fee on used car purchases, so maybe they're trying to recoup some money back.
-
5000 mile oil change?
The only time I'm bothered about main dealer stamps or records is when the car is within warranty. I'd rather buy a used car from an enthusiast whom had serviced it himself & kept records. I'll be servicing my recently purchased Octavia yearly, even though it's on the extended service intervals. I see no harm to 5k oil change intervals if that's what an owner decides to do. I've also bought many used cars in the past with a fdsh (none manufacturer specific) & they've never had the pollen or air filters changed, after I'd checked them myself afterwards. Now I've bought a Skoda I hope I don't have to visit a main dealer for a very long time😂
-
Cazoo Bother
After I sold my car to Cazoo, 3 weeks later it came up for sale on their website, I sold it with a full main dealer history, they managed to lose the service book I handed over to the valuer on the day (no digital record), they also advertised my car with 6k less on the clock than it actually had, obviously an admin error. I also believe the company is within financial dire straits.
-
Cazoo Bother
If you are not be happy, return it for a full refund, you have 7 days to do so. I sold my previous car to Cazoo around a month ago, received absolutely top money from them, as I'd also checked else where. Although I've never bought a car from them yet. I purchased my 2019 low mileage used Octavia recently from a none Skoda main dealer, didn't physically see it either, arrived with a few bodywork niggles and it wasn't fully serviced as previously agreed, but the dealership went out of it's way to sort these issues out for me, afterwards. They paid for all the work to be done at a local to me Skoda dealer, as I also had two weeks to return the car back to them if I wasn't fully happy. When the time comes to buy another used car within the future I'll certainly test drive it first. Too many variables to go wrong from distance selling. Although it was hard for me to find the exact spec I wanted locally.
-
DSG or not to DSG?
I've driven manuals for around 30 years now, converted to autos around 5 years ago and never looked back, autos all the way for me including the dsg box.
-
Sloppy sports mode shifting
Engine size? Dsg or manual? I own a 1.5t, dsg, certainly swift enough for me within all driving modes of I put my foot down.
-
Halogen headlight bulbs?
Good news then, wider choice of h7 bulbs. I was also impressed in how easy they were to change. Compared to other manufacturers I've owned in the past, mainly Vauxhalls. To be honest the dipped beams worked surprisingly well from stock, compared to what I've been used to over the years. I changed them, as I had a spare set of uprated bulbs. Thanks for the info.
-
Halogen headlight bulbs?
I have the facelift model, checked the mb bulb, has two terminals. I think my drl's are led? On the outside of my headlight clusters. Fog lights don't come on with my headlights, either. Cheers.
-
Halogen headlight bulbs?
Yes I've also previously used the Osram 150's in the past on other cars.
-
Halogen headlight bulbs?
I've owned my 2019 mk3 Skoda 1.5tsi dsg for two weeks now, decided to change my dipped beam bulbs. Replaced them with H7 Lidl 100% brighter specials🤫Cost me a fiver for the pair, used those before, happy with them and they're also made in Germany. Don't want to fit led bulbs, as I want to stay road legal. Just have a couple of questions. Were the original fitment H7's, Osrams? As that's what I'd took out. Also I took out a main beam bulb to have a look at, also looked like an H7, too. Although I thought these were suppose to be H15's? Many thanks.
-
Hello all.
Just thought I'd say hello, my first post, my first ever Skoda. Just bought an low mileage 2019 Skoda Octavia 1.5t dsg SE. I've owned mainly vauxhalls for the previous 35 years or so & worked on them over the years. I'm hoping I'm going to have a little bit more look on the reliability front now. The last time I've touched a Skoda was around 40 plus years ago when my Dad owned one, the engine was in the back then😂