Everything posted by Phoenixboy
-
Ado!
Hello & welcome to the forum.
-
New
Hello & welcome to the forum.
-
New to Skoda
Hello & welcome to the forum, I'm also new to Skoda, too.
-
New
Hello Eric & welcome to the forum.
-
Hello from a newbie.
Hello Mike & welcome to the forum, nice looking motor.
-
Lane Assist and Front Assist - Just me?
I also dislike unnecessary tech. I also turn my s/s off, too. As it's never worked reliably since I've owned the car, but saying that I've never owned any car with a reliable s/s system. So i don't actually miss my s/s.
-
Octavia 3 FL high beam (H7 lamp) regulation
I think H7's must be standard, as I've checked both my low and high beam bulbs on my 2019 Octavia 1.5t SE dsg, both are H7's, as I'd upgraded my dipped beam H7 bulbs. Something I'm actually pleased about, as H7 bulbs are cheap. Neither could I complain about their performance, as coming from a different manufacturer and using the same bulbs, as the performance of my Octavias lights are far better, I put this down to better quality projectors.
-
Lane Assist and Front Assist - Just me?
Could you turn off the s/s? Then it should stay off until you turn the ignition on again. I experienced exactly the same issues with my previous car (none Skoda), so I bought the SE spec without these annoying functions. Within my opinion they're more of a safety hazard than a prevention.
-
Issues with Skoda Octavia 2021 combi 1.5 TSI
Those discs look relatively new or at least on one of the photo's it does.. Stellantis/Vauxhalls pads & discs are not up to VW's standards within my opinion. You usually find that auto's tend to get through pads & discs faster, due to lack of transmission resistance, obvious not the case with E.V's, though, due to regenerative braking. You may also wear your tyres down a bit faster driving an E.V, especially the front ones. I've previously owned too many vauxhalls to list, 3 Astra K's, were my latest. I also test drove a manual version of the new Corsa, but found the clutch pedal was too close to the left foot rest plate, so every time I operated the clutch my left foot would annoyingly hit the foot rest plate, basically due to the chassis being originally designed for left hand drive. Although you should have a little more room down there, yours being an E.V. I couldn't test drive an auto locally, as they didn't have one in for me to drive. There's around another 130 vauxhall dealers to lose their franchise with Stellantis next year. They're going to focus on multi dealer hubs, instead or basically profits come first. Ford are also closing dealerships, too. I also know of a few local family run dealerships that have been took over by bigger companies, too. This decreases the positive customer experience, within my opinion. I hope I have more of a positive experience with my Octavia 1.5t dsg, so far it's been very good & I'm very pleased with it's fuel efficiency, compared to my previous Astra. My dsg box is relatively smooth, as smooth as a modern torque converter type transmission. The boot is massive, which is a bonus. I enjoy not having auto brake assist, as it was very unreliable with my previous Astra. Just me slight dash rattle noise to eventually sort & I'll be happy. I went for 16" alloys with the SE spec for comfort over looks & practicality.
-
Issues with Skoda Octavia 2021 combi 1.5 TSI
Vauxhall/Stellanits are renowned for their so called safety checks (between services), as well I know having paid for servicing myself whilst my previous Astra was within their extended warranty period. Modern Vauxhalls burn through discs & pads quickly, I'd say on average probably every 4 years needing a full set of pads & discs to be replaced. I've also replaced plenty myself over previous years, Unable to now due to health reasons & I'm getting older. .
-
Issues with Skoda Octavia 2021 combi 1.5 TSI
Yes the V5 states one previous owner, but I know it was ex mobility & have other receipts too within the previous owners name. Just had a look at the previous history, was on the Skoda flexi servicing & during it's first mot with Skoda (Sinclair Garages), it had a brake fluid change, too. I purchased it 8 months later, then had a major service done on it, inc plugs by Skoda. Even though it wasn't due a major service at 3.8 years old. Thanks for the info.
-
Issues with Skoda Octavia 2021 combi 1.5 TSI
My car was ex mobility (1 previous owner on the log book), but yes more than one driver could technically drive it, probably more than likely he was the main driver, as I also have his name on some other receipts. It was then sold on to me by a none Skoda dealership, it does have a previous fssh, was on the 2 yearly oil change intervals (have a print off, of that), although I intend to change the oil and filter on a yearly basis now. I see no benefit to changing the oil on a two yearly basis, apart from cost. I negotiated a major service prior to me buying it, including a plug change by a Skoda main dealer within the same dealership group. I also have a years warranty with it, which I could use at a Skoda dealership, within the same group.
-
Octavia MkIV 1.5TSI Engine rattle
Intresting, so looking at my engine, it's the DADA type? Mine is a 68 plate, 19 reg car. Although I've experienced no kangerooing from a cold start (fortunately), but mine is a dsg, so may reduce this effect. I did know about this issue, prior to buying my car, but didn't realise that there were two variants to this engine. Yes garages tend to use the 5w 30 oil, too, as it's cheaper than the 0w 20 oil. I'm new to Skoda, having driven mainly Vauxhalls from the 80's, onwards. Their newer type gdi engines are certainly no better, in fact a lot worse with regards to their general reliability. Reason I decided to jump ship.
- Octavia MkIV 1.5TSI Engine rattle
-
Issues with Skoda Octavia 2021 combi 1.5 TSI
I own a 2019 plate Octavia 1.5t se with 22k on the clock & has a fsh. My brakes have never squealed at any speed. Even when my car drops to two cylinders I've never felt an "hiccup", occur, although mine is a dsg. It's not the smoothest engine I've ever driven from cold, but usually not too bad, probably down to the engine being tuned to it's emissions limits. I do find that this engine is very fuel efficient, though. I've averaged 48 mpg long term from it using e10 supermarket fuel. Happy with that, considering the size of my car. The metallic sound you are talking about, is it a type of resonating sound that only occurs at around 1700 to 2000rmp, as you are slowly accelerating? I have this sound occurring with my Octavia, but I'm not sure if it's engine/dash related. As I have to be driving for it to occur, I think this sound has probably been there from factory, as I'm the second owner, 1st being a mobility driver. I've owned my Octavia for only 2 months now.
-
Dash rattle?
Just for further clarification, the resonance noise I'm experiencing only occurs between 1700 & 1800 rpm on a constant basis, sometimes not there from a cold start and is harder to pick up on when the car is stationary. Now I've had more time to look into it.
-
Dash rattle?
I also had my son rev the car at certain rev ranges, no rattle at all from these. Seems more frontal dash area to me, maybe slightly to the right hand side of the dash clock area. Hard to tell, really. Was worth a try. I did also get my son to hold the revs at 1800rpm & I had a listen within the engine bay, the engine had a slight resonance to it at that speed. So I think this is about all i can think of for now, if I do ever get to the bottom of it I'll let you know. As I've said previously I think the noise has been there from new. Something I can live with for now.
-
Dash rattle?
I've just checked them, I'm not convinced it was the bracket, mine was as solid as a rock,no movement. Neither could I test it stationary, as my car has to be on the move for the nose to occur. Very easy to access though, from the drivers side rear, fortunately my low rise ramps were perfect for the job, although you could see and reach them without having to raise the car.
-
Dash rattle?
Yes my car has just been serviced and has a full mot, owned it for just over a month now. If it had been due for a service or an mot, I'd of asked my garage to have had a look. Don't think I'd take it in for just that, considering I'm not even sure it'll resolve it. I'm going to have a look today, I'll post a pick. I've done a lot of servicing and maintenance myself on previous cars, but I'm at the point where in wrecks me now crawling under cars, main reason I try to avoid it. I also have a set of homemade low rise ramps, which would be the easiest way of getting the car up off the ground, but not sure if they'd give me enough lift. Reason I was thinking about trolley jacks and axle stands.
-
Dash rattle?
It looks like I'm going to have to get both of my trolley jacks out and my axle stands to make fully sure that my car was lifted securely before I go under to check. This is where a lift would have come in handy. Thought my days of crawling under cars was over😂Once I've got around to checking it & post results.
-
Dash rattle?
Thanks for posting the info, once I've checked mine I'll post the result. Sounds very relevant as mine seems very throttle pedal related, think it's probably been there from factory.
-
Dash rattle?
The resonance noise I experience can also be heard at the similar rev range as yours, although I'd be in 5th gear at those revs for the noise to occur (mine being an dsg). My car needs to be fully warmed up before I can hear the rattle. I have other rattles, but this one annoys me the most. Although I've not owned a car yet that's had none. Were the hoses related to petrol or diesel cars? Thanks.
-
Dash rattle?
I've also owned a number of diesel cars within the past, although my current petrol Skoda seems better on fuel than my previous petrol car with similar bhp.
-
Dash rattle?
Just checked under the scuttle panel by removing the 4 front clips, access tight, obviously without removing the wiper arms, but doesn't seem to be an amplifier in there, maybe due to being the SE spec?
-
Dash rattle?
Interesting, mine is more prevalent during slow acceleration, starts at around 20 mph, then stops, then starts up again at around 40 mph, then it's more of a back ground noise as my speed increases above that. It doesn't do it at all for the first few miles from a cold start, either. I'd probably describe it as maybe the sound of a nut/washer resonating together at certain speeds. Pure guess mind, not a difficult job to take the dash clocks out, but I wouldn't really know what I'd be looking for, especially when my car was stationary. If I ever do get to the bottom of it, I'll post it on here, although I'm not actively looking at the moment. I have a couple of other rattles, but this one is the main one I'd like to find, other's I'm happy to put up with. As my car was ex mobility I expect the noise has been there from new, my car has only covered 22k up to now. On a side note, what mpg have you averaged long term from your 1.6d? I've averaged 48.9mpg over the last month on E10 fuel, I can get up to 60 mpg on longer runs. I'm pleasantly surprised by this, I consider myself to be a fugal driver, though.