Everything posted by Phoenixboy
-
1.5tsi ACT cambelt change interval revision?
I've always seen the change intervals as a guidance, anyway. As if they were to snap early out of warranty then that would be up to the individual to foot the bill. I'm pleased I don't have one of the more modern wet belts to pay for & they seem more problematic with certain manufacturers. I've owned mainly vauxhalls since the 80's on, decided to switch to Skoda a few years ago, hoping for better reliability than the recent Stellantis rubbish. Have you had many reports of snapped belt with the 1.5tsi on here? Although as you've pointed out with the water pump, I'd expect those could fail first. I like my 1.5tsi engine & especially now it's fitted to a wagon, just took me a while to get there. Thanks for the info.
-
Rear brakes sticking
Yes even better, as you have an auto, same as I. Although you have no choice but to leave it in park to extract your keys. Sticking brakes prior to setting off after the car has been left for a while is common & not manufacturer specific. As it doesn't take long for the discs to start rusting, mine is the same, especially after I've washed it for obvious reasons.
-
Rear brakes sticking
A slight clunk is not uncommon after moving off when the car been stood for a while. If you were parked on level ground, you could always leave it in 1st gear with your handbrake off it it bothered you that much. You could also try reversing it back a few inches slowly before then moving off again, may reduce the noise.
-
1.5tsi ACT cambelt change interval revision?
It's 10 years or above as far as I can gather. It's just a guidance though. I'm now onto my second 1.5tsi, I now own the estate version. It's covered 62k on an 19 plate. I won't be replacing mine until I'm out of extended Skoda warranty, I could keep that going for another 3 years, so if the belt were to snap it would cover that. If I still own my car in 3 years time, I'd have it changed. Although I was advised that the belt was now for the lifetime of that engine by the Skoda used car sales staff😂
-
Emergency call restricted message?
Just for info I will be unable to clarify whether my software fault would be fixable via a software update or a new module, as I've now exchanged my Scala for an Octavia Estate.
-
Emergency call restricted message?
It's not occurred since, but it's booked in at the dealers at the end of this month for the free software update.
-
Emergency call restricted message?
I've just rung my local Skoda dealer up to book it in, they said its a common issue accross the brand, 99% of the time it's a new module that needs replacing and there's a 6 to 8 week wait for the part. So basically vag are producing cars that are not fully tested before being sold to consumers. The previous owner to my car must have put up with this intermittent issue coming up for years, prior to me buying it from a Skoda dealer.
-
Emergency call restricted message?
Thanks for the info. If it comes on again I'll book it in at the dealers. No doubt its probably been an ongoing intermittent issue thst the previous owner had probably ignored.
-
Emergency call restricted message?
Mine popped up 3 times this morning, now gone off. Although I bought it a week a go from a Skoda dealer, wouldn't you have thought they would have applied any outstanding software patches already or maybe it's a case of they would if it were to occur. Cheers.
-
Emergency call restricted message?
Thanks for the info, it's now gone out, so obviously an intermittent issue that'll probably return again. I also have a years extended Skoda warranty. I'll see if it comes back, if it does I'll book it in. Was just trying to avoid more trips to dealership again, as I'd had plenty of visits with my previous Octavia.
-
Emergency call restricted message?
I've just had this message come up on my dash this morning a couple of times prior to starting the engine. Anyone else had this and is there a fix? Software gremlin?
-
Original speed and load ratings?
Thanks for the info. So either H or V from new then on the 16's. Which would make sense, probably what's available at the time. As with new tyres V seems to be a more common size. As I now know what my car left the factory with, I'll probably stick with V's, even W's, as long as all four match and they're all reasonably priced. Although my car had just flew through its first mot with 3, 91v rated tyres and a 94v rated tyre by the Skoda dealership to whom I bought it from, as far as they're concerned it's road legal, which it is. There's no way I could live with a tyre on that had a different load rating long term than the rest though, as the tyres are getting down, nows a good time to change all 4. Just had a thought the new Scalas are 110bhp, mine being 116, so the new ones must be an emmisions detuned version of my engine?
-
Original speed and load ratings?
Thanks for the info, within the owners manual it did state that a lower speed rating could be used for witer tyres. Although as we know 'all season tyres', are now often used in which which most are 'v', rated and above within my size, yet they display the snowflake symbol, so they have winter tyre handling caracaristics. I was just wanting to know what was fitted from factory, 91v's were. I dare say probably due to what was available to the manufacturer at the time. I tend to stick with load ratings that we're fitted from factory, too. As there's no reason to fit an higher load rating, either. As one of my tyres has a higher load rating than the rest, another good reason to change it, yet it's not an mot failure, within the eyes of the law it's OK to swap load ratings accross an axle, but within my opinion not good practice. As XL tyres within my experience tend to have a slightly different handle characteristic especially on corners. Maybe we'll get someone come on a say H rated tyres were fitted from factory, as they certainly have a higher enough speed rating for this car.
-
Original speed and load ratings?
Thanks for the info, I can confirm they were 91 v's from factory. So that'll be what I'm putting on next. It's also had a new set of vag, rear discs and pads, front pads replaced by the dealer at 36k. Saves me the job.
-
Original speed and load ratings?
Thanks for the info, yes I think they'll be 91v's or H's from factory. I think you'd be screaming that little engine to death at 125😂
-
Original speed and load ratings?
I've owned 70 plate Scala 1.0tsi (115), dsg for a week now, it has 205 55 16 91v tyres fitted x3, but one of them is a 94v load rated tyre, the other 3 are getting down a bit now. They're not the original set. Were the origional factory sets 205 55 16 91H rated tyres? I realise it's OK to fit higher speed or load rated tyres, preferably all the same. I'd be happy to fit H speed rated tyres if that was the case from factory. I've checked online and I think H rated tyres were fitted from factory, but thought I'd double check.
-
Scala tyre noise deadening
Agree about the road noise on concrete, compared to my previous Octavia with the same sized 16" wheels. Not a deal breaker for me though as most roads I travel on are tarmac. I'd probably try a lower noise rated tyres if it's bothering you a lot. Maybe try some extra insulation within the boot area to start. I've just put a boot liner in mine, not for that reason, but it may help.
-
1.5 TSI Oil Consumption
I owned this engine within my last Octavia, it didn't use a drop within 18 months of ownership, although I'd only covered 10k. I litre of oil for 20k miles covered does not seem a lot to me though. Although mine ate spark plugs, went through two sets in 10k, due to rough cold running issues.
-
1.0l TSi Scala MPG - seems low.
I've owned my Scala for a week now, very inpressed with the 1.0tsi engine, extremely economical so far. Every trip so far I've averaged 50mpg plus. Shortest trip so far was 7 miles, longest when I picked my car up, 80 miles away. It's better on fuel than my previous Octavia 1.5tsi dsg. Obviously the Scala is a bit lighter and not as long, but there's only around 10% difference within rear load space once the back seats are folded down, compared to a mk3 Octavia hatch. I also prefer the lower rear loading lip to get my fishing gear in and out of the Scala. My Scala also has a dsg box. To be fair I'm generally a fugral type driver. Always run it on 95 ron fuel, nothing special. I also really like the dip led headlights. So there's certainly some thought gone into its design. Don't like the data warning on my info screen, but am getting used to 'ok'ing', to disappear. My scala is also up on the miles a bit, 70 plate now covered 37k from new, not that you'd know it looking at the condition of it inside or out. Most that mileage was also covered with longer trips, which was good. I decided to go for a car with a bit more mileage on it now, as I didn't have much luck with regards to reliability of most of the other previous new'ish low mileage used cars I've bought over the last 10 years or so, especially with my previous Octavia. Prior to that the cars I owned seemed more reliable. Often it's just down to luck, too. Especially if you pick a car up with a decent history.
-
Data warning?
I've managed to speak to a Skoda dealer and the answer was no this info can't be permanently turned off, shame I wasn't informed that within the first place. Put that one to bed🤣
-
Data warning?
I've also noticed that if your ignition is off with the key still within it you can turn the screen on and off without the data warning coming up. I've even registered with Skoda connect thinking this would help, clearly not.
-
Data warning?
I've owned my Scala now for two days now, impressed with the mpg and like the car, generally. When I turn off the dash display screen I get a data warning coming up, see pic. I've also tried deactivating everything within 'manage services', still keeps annoyingly coming up. Any idea how I stop it from appearing again? Thanks.
-
1.0l TSi Scala MPG - seems low.
Just bought my Scala today. The long term mpg reading on my Scala was 51mpg. I averaged 50mpg over the last 100 miles from picking my car up. I also averaged high 40's from my previous Octavia 1.5tsi dsg. I'd first check all of your tyre pressures. Obviously mpg can be dependable on how heavy footed you drive and the conditions you drive within. I've always used 95 Ron fuel, too.
- 20231217_121152.jpg
-
So many faults...
Regarding my above post, as I can't edit it now. I also replaced my EFB car battery this year, too. Not under warranty.