Skip to content

sussamb

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by sussamb

  1. sussamb replied to a post in a topic in Škoda Kamiq
    I turn mine off, and Start/Stop, as a matter of routine when I drive off. I don't want even a slight tug on the steering wheel when I'm driving. As for indicating when changing lanes, you should only be doing so if another road user may benefit, otherwise it's pointless. After an overtake an indicate that you're pulling back into your original lane may or may not be needed.
  2. Our Karoq is a 2018 model, no issues
  3. sussamb replied to sussamb's topic in Škoda Kamiq
    Thanks, shame that information isn't in the printed manual!
  4. sussamb posted a topic in Škoda Kamiq
    Anyone know what these symbols mean? Can't find any reference to them in the manual?
  5. My first automatic in a long while, only other one was when I was in the US for 2 years. Completely different now in that it's not like older autos, it's basically a manual box with an electronic clutch, and you can select the manual mode if you wish, so it's just like driving a manual but with no clutch.
  6. My 1.5 with DSG gives way better mpg than my wife's Karoq with a manual box, very impressive.
  7. Nothing really not to like. You can simply be lazy and set it to auto or use the manual mode, you're then effectively driving a manual car with no clutch to worry about.
  8. Fair enough 😁 Was explained to me by my dealer, it's also in the manual. He even showed me where to clip in the petrol cap when refuelling rather than letting in dangle!
  9. Well it seems right to me. I drove numerous blue light vehicles with the manual side set up that way and found it fine, even when at plus 100mph speeds.
  10. Torque steer is common on many cars, I remember driving a Ford Fiesta XR2 many years ago, it was dreadful. With front wheel drive it's something you just have to be aware of, easy enough to deal with.
  11. Why counter intuitive? Up to change up, down to change down?
  12. Yep, I have one, DSG is excellent, can be used as an auto or manual
  13. Thanks, now have some new horns, just need some time to fit them 😁
  14. @lastgasp that's great, thank you.
  15. Thanks, what sort of tweak was it?
  16. It just gives an advance warning but you still need to proceed with caution. Remember one of the golden rules of advanced driving, you must always be able to stop in the distance you can see to be clear.
  17. Can I ask a few questions. Was it tight getting a second horn in there or was there plenty of space? Were you able to use the original wiring or did you need to cut off the standard connector? Was there a separate earth wire? TIA
  18. Thanks, don't think it's that as they've worked for over 4 years. Car is now out of warranty so hoping to avoid a trip to a dealer. For now I've switched off automatic door locking until I can investigate further.
  19. That was my thought but today we drove over 90 minutes to meet friends for lunch and it was still doing it, so don't think it's that, but will check battery charge levels. Thanks
  20. Hmmm ... did a search earlier and couldn't see anything specific to our problem, I'll have another look. Thanks
  21. My wife's Skoda Karoq is just over 4 years old, and the automatic door locking is playing up. Locks as normal when she drives off but the minute during a drive the car slows to 10mph there are a couple of clicking noises from somewhere as though the doors are unlocking then locking again. Does it everytime car slows to 10mph. Anyone experienced this and/or knows what the problem is?
  22. Thanks to your help all sorted now 😁
  23. Thanks. I'll do all of that. I would like to know though if anyone else has a similar experience to confirm that what I'm seeing is either normal or not.
  24. New Kamiq owner here having fun investigating all my new buttons etc. I have an Android phone successfully connected by cable to my Bolero system. As expected it won't connect any other way. Now, while the infotainment system will play music from my phone, and show me Google maps which I can operate using my voice it seems that's all it can do. I was hoping for a bit more functionality. Is there anything else that should be available? I can't even use voice control on my phone to dial contacts which I could do with my 10 year old Ford Focus.
  25. @carloss Have you tried the tips in the link above, as it explains why it happens and what you can do to help deal with it

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.