Everything posted by sussamb
-
Lane assist is dangerous
I turn mine off, and Start/Stop, as a matter of routine when I drive off. I don't want even a slight tug on the steering wheel when I'm driving. As for indicating when changing lanes, you should only be doing so if another road user may benefit, otherwise it's pointless. After an overtake an indicate that you're pulling back into your original lane may or may not be needed.
-
Karoq issues with noise anti roll bars and suspension top joints
Our Karoq is a 2018 model, no issues
-
Bolero symbols
Thanks, shame that information isn't in the printed manual!
-
Bolero symbols
-
Potential Kamiq 1.5 SE L Executive
My first automatic in a long while, only other one was when I was in the US for 2 years. Completely different now in that it's not like older autos, it's basically a manual box with an electronic clutch, and you can select the manual mode if you wish, so it's just like driving a manual but with no clutch.
-
Potential Kamiq 1.5 SE L Executive
My 1.5 with DSG gives way better mpg than my wife's Karoq with a manual box, very impressive.
-
Potential Kamiq 1.5 SE L Executive
Nothing really not to like. You can simply be lazy and set it to auto or use the manual mode, you're then effectively driving a manual car with no clutch to worry about.
-
Current Monte Carlo lead time?
Fair enough 😁 Was explained to me by my dealer, it's also in the manual. He even showed me where to clip in the petrol cap when refuelling rather than letting in dangle!
-
Current Monte Carlo lead time?
Well it seems right to me. I drove numerous blue light vehicles with the manual side set up that way and found it fine, even when at plus 100mph speeds.
-
Kamiq torque steer?
Torque steer is common on many cars, I remember driving a Ford Fiesta XR2 many years ago, it was dreadful. With front wheel drive it's something you just have to be aware of, easy enough to deal with.
-
Current Monte Carlo lead time?
Why counter intuitive? Up to change up, down to change down?
-
Current Monte Carlo lead time?
Yep, I have one, DSG is excellent, can be used as an auto or manual
-
change quiet horn
Thanks, now have some new horns, just need some time to fit them 😁
-
change quiet horn
@lastgasp that's great, thank you.
-
change quiet horn
Thanks, what sort of tweak was it?
-
change quiet horn
It just gives an advance warning but you still need to proceed with caution. Remember one of the golden rules of advanced driving, you must always be able to stop in the distance you can see to be clear.
-
change quiet horn
Can I ask a few questions. Was it tight getting a second horn in there or was there plenty of space? Were you able to use the original wiring or did you need to cut off the standard connector? Was there a separate earth wire? TIA
-
Automatic door locking
Thanks, don't think it's that as they've worked for over 4 years. Car is now out of warranty so hoping to avoid a trip to a dealer. For now I've switched off automatic door locking until I can investigate further.
-
Automatic door locking
That was my thought but today we drove over 90 minutes to meet friends for lunch and it was still doing it, so don't think it's that, but will check battery charge levels. Thanks
-
Automatic door locking
Hmmm ... did a search earlier and couldn't see anything specific to our problem, I'll have another look. Thanks
-
Automatic door locking
My wife's Skoda Karoq is just over 4 years old, and the automatic door locking is playing up. Locks as normal when she drives off but the minute during a drive the car slows to 10mph there are a couple of clicking noises from somewhere as though the doors are unlocking then locking again. Does it everytime car slows to 10mph. Anyone experienced this and/or knows what the problem is?
-
Smart link and Android Auto
Thanks to your help all sorted now 😁
-
Smart link and Android Auto
Thanks. I'll do all of that. I would like to know though if anyone else has a similar experience to confirm that what I'm seeing is either normal or not.
-
Smart link and Android Auto
New Kamiq owner here having fun investigating all my new buttons etc. I have an Android phone successfully connected by cable to my Bolero system. As expected it won't connect any other way. Now, while the infotainment system will play music from my phone, and show me Google maps which I can operate using my voice it seems that's all it can do. I was hoping for a bit more functionality. Is there anything else that should be available? I can't even use voice control on my phone to dial contacts which I could do with my 10 year old Ford Focus.
-
Skoda Kamiq condensation
@carloss Have you tried the tips in the link above, as it explains why it happens and what you can do to help deal with it