Everything posted by defsix
-
Coasting & ECO Mode
Seems to be a heated topic ! Pros and cons to this coasting feature! I've had second thoughts about adding coasting to the Normal profile, I'll keep it jist for Eco. But this brings up my next question. How do you get the car to remember which driving profile you used the last time, and to return to this when you restart the car!
-
Coasting & ECO Mode
The plot thickens! I'm debating whether to add it or not via VCDS. I believe it's an option somewhere. For my daily journey, up 3 gradual hills and down 3 gradual hills I do like it , if I can calculate the optimal speed to crest the top of the hill, the longest I can coast is over 3Km If I remember correctly. This is over a 30km journey one way. I'm definitely coasting for 25% of the journey. What causes problems is other road users either going too slow or speeding up and slowing down all the time. My lowest consumption on a daily journey was 57.65MPG or 4.9L/100KM. What are others thoughts on this? Do many of you use the coasting? Would you like it on the Normal profile too, not just the Eco?
-
Coasting & ECO Mode
Interesting, in mine in ECO mode I can have ACC activated , but the car won't coast. Unless I tap the stalk back a bit, same as tapping the breaks.
-
Coasting & ECO Mode
Hi All, In my recently acquired 2019 ,2020 model 190BHP DSG Superb, the only time I can avail of coasting is when I am in ECO mode and when I don't use ACC. Would this be correct ? My colleague that recently sold his 2016 version of the same car swears he could do something similar but in Normal mode also? He is also convinced that he could drive it in coasting mode, but the clutch would be engaged and still powering the car slightly. Can anyone confirm what mine is doing is correct ? And that my colleague was imagining that the clutch was engaged and powering his car whilst coasting ?
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
I admit I could have done similar, but I wanted the more premium feeling metal key, the original was in poor shape. I'm surprised that they are supplied with one metal and 2 plastic keys.
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
Not to out do your fine work, but I went down the simple route and purchased 3 spare shell's. YIQIXIN Smart Car Key Shell Case 3 Button Fob Simple enough to swap over the electronics and key. Now I have 3 shiny new metal cases keys. Previously it was one metal and 2 plastic. And the metal one was covered in super glue 😂
-
Turbo Charger Under boost error 19225 & 25720
Hi, Looking for a bit of guidance with these errors. They do clear on restart, with no issues. Basic OBD2: P0299 (Pending) - Turbocharger/Supercharger "A" Underboost Condition Engine: 19225 - Turbo/Super Charger Underboost 25710 - Turbo/Super Charger Underboost On investigation the Turbo Actuator socket was damaged, believing this, I replaced it and did the adaption. We believe the one we replaced wasn't original, due to the fact the circlips were missing off the end of the sjadt. However went for a spin today and error comes back. It appears to happen on a return journey after the engine has warmed up a second time, usually when I'm about to overtake. But, if I try to replicate I have no luck ever ! Next plan of action was testing the vacuum lines, maybe they're losing pressure. We had a look and they appear okay. Following that, pressure sensor. Any ideas what else to check? 3 different readers come back with the games issues.
-
IV/GTE suspension
Have you pictures of the finished setup?
-
Service book replacement?
I find it a handy place to get the VIN number 😁 . But at the moment for me, the app is broken. It logs in, shows me my car, but no details in any screen. Web site works fine.
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
Did you sell your old HEX-CAN ? I'm in the same boat now, I looked at the price of the new ones and noticed there was a trade in value. A €100 towards a new one as a trade in. The supplier actually said I'd be better off selling it online! I jist sold old HEX-CAN Unlimited VIN cable for nearly €400! That makes it a cheap and easily justified purchase of the HEX-V2!
-
Virtual Cockpit Screen Scratches
It's ok, mine is not as bad as that. Jist have some marks where a phone has been placed a number of time's. The example picture I used was from a Golf 😉
-
Virtual Cockpit Screen Scratches
Did the screen protector you applied mask any of the existing marks? Would you have a link for the one you got? And maybe pictures of your handy work 😁
-
Virtual Cockpit Screen Scratches
Hi All, I've just purchased a late 2019 L&K with virtual cockpit. When the screen is off there light scratches on the matt screen that are very visible. Has anyone recovered from a similar situation? Either replaced some part or applied matt acreen protection from a tablet? Or should I just burn the car to the ground? I suspect it's were a previous owner has stood the phone whilst driving. The picture below gives the idea.