Skip to content

IJWS15

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by IJWS15

  1. That is my point, he didn't give you critical information until it was too late and can't rely on it now.
  2. Check the tread yourself - most tyre gauges dealers use have 2-3 mm ground of the end so they can upsell worn tyres. My last Superb still had an original rear tyre on when it went back at 65k miles. Still 3-4mm of tread on it. It had been repaired 3 times though.
  3. If this is aimed at VAG then we are provided with a certain level of warranty when we buy a car (Skoda is 3 years and you can buy more). Some manufacturers provide more warranty because they have to in order to sell their cars at that price point. Some cars sell even when they are known to be unreliable (alfas). Rolls Royce have the reputation for fixing things because "Rolls Royces don't break down" but that is covered in the price you pay for the car. In the UK we have a reasonable level of protection, not as much as in the US, but if we want more then the price of cars will rise. If it is aimed at the tuner then he should have told the OP that the turbo was "weak" and only gone ahead if you agreed to accept the risk. He can't argue later that a weak turbo was the cause of the problem. The OP went to a tuner who should have known what he is doing but apparently didn't and should have told the OP the risks but didn't. OP can't now go back to Skoda but could go after the tuner.
  4. Had a Passat with the "visible wires" heated windscreen and a tomtom worked fine under it, as they did in a couple of Fiesta's the wife had with similar heated screens. Never tried a tomtom in the Superb but the phone GPS works fine under it as does my Nextbase dash cam. Had a Renault Laguna pool car a few (many) years ago with a heat reflective screen and my Bluetooth GPS receiver didn't get a signal under it. If I get some time will charge one of the old TomToms up and see what the difference is.
  5. I had a slipped lumbar disc several years ago and the only place I could sit for more than 10 minutes was in the car (a Honda Accord). Months of exercises sorted the disc out and now my lower back is fine. The lumbar support in the Superb is a little low for me but I haven't found a car that isn't, even Volvo's (and my father has had a sequence going back to the '71 144 I learned to drive on, currently he has an S90), I generally find the superb comfortable. My advice would be to get the lower back problem properly sorted - See a physio, not a chiropractor. Chiropractors business depends on repeat visits and the one I saw hadn't a clue despite being shown the MRI diagnosis of a cervical spine issue.
  6. Staffordshire Police (UK) have some estates (Jam sandwiches). Not had a close look at one so don't know what the engine is.
  7. There is a post on here about mine, it was a lease car that went back in April at 3 years old with 63k miles. Was on sale for 13k ish. Is it white?
  8. I moved from a 2015 Octavia SEL which did have the feature to a 2017 Superb SEL which didn't. I believe the Superb needs the adaptive lighting to have the feature.
  9. First time out in the dark last night and it DOES have adaptive front lights . Weird driving past a line of cars with the headlights on main beam wondering why no-one is flashing you.
  10. Plenty of information here https://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/
  11. After seeing Shy..'s post be flamed I thought i would try here . First tank (yes first - it is nowhere near run in yet) of my 2020 2.0 150 came in at 64.7 mpg (Brim to brim over 874.8 miles). About half of it was a run over to Norfolk in September, the rest local runs of up to 30 miles. This makes it about as good as the three year old 60k (well run in) car that went back in April. I presume they have updated the engine.
  12. Kids got a paddling pool? Take it off and submerge it. 2-3 lbs in a couple of weeks is a very slow leak
  13. Haven't looked but you might just need to fit a bulb!
  14. Must learn to RTM Wondered why the "intermittent" wipers were always on fast when there wasn't much rain falling - the switch to change the wipe frequency works the other way round now!
  15. My replacement car was delivered Monday and has now done all of 70 miles. At a high level it is essentially the same as the car it replaced - a 2.0 tdi 150 Manual hatch SEL but this one has hill start assist that I didn't spec on the last one. I is even the same colour. Differences: As expected Amundsen instead of Columbus, slightly smaller screen but has wifi which I think is new on Amundsen(I never used it on the Columbus) but doesn't have the HDD (which I never used). It doesn't have a CD drive which the last one did (I never used it). It does have two USB ports so I can plug the ipod in and one of the i-phones. Need some time to play to find my way around apple play. It has the side assist warning - not expected It has KESSY which I would rather not have although it does allow me to close the boot from the fob. It doesn't appear to have the adaptive lights which were on the spec list in January but are not even mentioned in the brochure now. It has leather instead of alcantara - from my point of view a step down. It has rear vehicle assist to detect approaching cars when reversing It has front and rear parking sensors - the last one was rear only. It also gives an overhead picture on the infotainment screen. Fancy LED lights and chrome trim on the boot but I don't see them from the driving seat. I don't like the wide white/pale grey rim to the dials, it makes it harder to read the numbers but I will get used to where the common speeds are on the dial. It has adblue and is saying Range is 12,500 so at that rate it will need filling once a year! There is only one umbrella - as expected. Drives just the same as you would expect but needs running in which in current circumstances will take me a year! Will add to this if I find any more differences

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.