Everything posted by MickA
-
Retrofitting reversing camera
Will they fit that camera being as it's a non standard part, ie Chinese not Skoda recommended?
-
Retrofitting reversing camera
I ordered CAM B. Shown in pic. It cost more than that though with tax added, probably different link, It's the Sinosmart though. It'll be the second one I've ordered, I sent one back, it didn't fit, too small CAM A. Also if you look at the CAM B it has chamfered corners on one side and square on the other, that matches my Kamiq 2020 model. Whilst I had the unit out I measured it up and the opening match CAM B's measurements. Anyways only just ordered it so hopefully it goes in ok. Their returns/refund system is fast so if you have problems no worries, first orders get a free refund.
-
Corroded and Pitted Disc
Pictures of offending discs would give us a clue as to condition.
-
Corroded and Pitted Disc
Not happy with my Kamiq front brakes (very worn down for 18k miles use) I've ordered a set of Brembo discs/pads. All in delivered £82 so they can't be much more for the Karoq, probably £100-£120 tops I reckon. If you have a few tools and a jack it's easy enough. Incidentally my rear brakes were replaced for the MOT, apparently the dealer said they were past their best, rusty/pitted. I've just sold a SEAT traded in to them, renewed the rears on that after 10 years and 36k miles, rusty not worn out though. The fronts were fine after 10 years (I bought the car new) but I would have changed them this year had I kept the car. Yep cheapo materials like brake discs now being supplied when building these Skodas.
-
Rear vents - no air flow
Mine lights up (in green) like that, pressing it does nothing. I wondered if it sets the airflow to the rear or to both fronts or just one side, nope nothing. It does suggest on the symbol that front seats airflow yes, rear possibly not. In that mode I definitely have airflow to the rear two vents behind the centre console.
-
Retrofitting reversing camera
I wish I could help, about to install mine from Sinosmart (via AliExpress) it I've ordered the wrong shape for the door hatch switch housing. Apparently if you have problems with the brand above unplug the camera then plug back in. Also, see the other thread on reverse cameras, the display should show the parking sensors/bleep along with the rear view of the camera.
-
Brake discs/pads sizing.
Seller has sent me a return label to post the incorrect brake parts back, so refund looming and I'll get the correct ones ordered. Thanks for everyone's input, it's been great to know that now I've got the correct sizes with part codes etc.
-
Reversing camera
Thank you again for you input. Just waiting for a set of trim removal tools, always wanted a set but never got around to buying them. Then I'll strip the necessary trim off and dive into this job.
-
Reversing camera
Perfect, thank you. I did see that box when the screen was out but it was getting late to start stripping anything major. One more question, just unplug and insert the loom pictured and plug it back together, battery disconnected or ok to leave it, will all fire up again without problems? Guessing resetting radio stations and some other settings may be required?
-
Reversing camera
I've looked for a loom had the display unit off the dash, the glovebox open and can't find where I would plug this in below to connect the reverse camera in, any clues? Thanks.
-
Rear vents - no air flow
The auto setting is just for a steady airflow, cold or warm. It'll probably blow faster at first as it's trying to get the temp down. It was exactly the same on my SEAT with climate/auto settings. I tried my Kamiq yesterday to try and find an adjustment for the rear vents on/off, nope they are on or off when you switch to the front floor vents. So it sounds like your have not been connected or something has decided not to work (flap) somewhere in the system.
-
Brake discs/pads sizing.
I wasn't initially aware of the 2 different size front discs/pads for the Kamiq and annoyingly if I match my car on the eBay listing for 276 mm discs it says the won't fit but the 256 mm will.🤔 Never trust eBay info, TBF the listing does say the PR code of 1ZG I was unaware when ordering. They have been in contact with me so awaiting a swap/refund whatever.
-
Brake discs/pads sizing.
Well thank you for your input, probably lesson learned, measure the discs first before ordering. New to the Kamiq, probably didn't expect different size discs/pads for the 1ltr maybe for the 1.5. Wonder if I've been supplied, Scala/Fabia fit parts? Anyways supplier is on the case, I've now provided my VIN and reg numbers to them, I await a reply.
-
Brake discs/pads sizing.
Ordered from eBay. I inputted my car details and ordered them. Since now I know the size is incorrect I've checked the Brembo catalogue and it lists 2 sizes for the Kamiq. Just wondered which Kamiq takes the smaller size discs or was there a change of size in the production line? I'm guessing maybe it's because mines auto or the higher powered 1ltr. I can't find any info really apart from those you've now post above re IZE IZS. The eBay listing refers to IZG for discs, something I didn't realise at the time of ordering.🤔
-
Brake discs/pads sizing.
Hit a snag on ordering discs and pads for my Kamiq. Model 2020 1ltr DSG, the discs fitted are 276mm I got sent 256mm discs. Likewise the pads are too small, they sent them to suit the smaller discs. So which models take the small size discs (256mm) and is it because mine is an auto I need the larger discs. Anyways they definitely are the wrong discs sent, I spent an hour this morning taking off one disc to discover the sizes are different. And BTW I went for Brembo discs/pads.
-
Reversing camera
About to order this AliExpress reverse camera, a question once it's connected up, if you have them, what happens with the reverse sensors? I have them and they show in the display and obviously bleep, are these then disabled or do they still show on screen and sound?
-
Servicing - Definitive Answers
So why would you use a 0w 30 when it's clear here to use a 0w 20? https://tps.trade/oil-search
-
Servicing - Definitive Answers
Thanks for the info I think I've got it now but just for clarification.... I've got a 1L 85kw petrol Kamiq. Understand all petrol Kamiqs take the same oil. So 0w 20 of whatever brand (I'm going for Castrol Edge) to VW spec 508.00 509.00.
-
Servicing - Definitive Answers
That's what I was going to settle with until.... I read on and it's recommended... 0w 20 LL IV to VW spec 508.00 VW 509.00, that's Castrol Edge or Mobil 1. I used 5w 30 in my 1.2tsi SEAT (Castrol LL) to VW spec and was all set to go for the same in the petrol Kamiq. Confused.com. Don't know what's been used previously, no details apart from it's have services. The manuals no help, only mentioned an alternative if you need top ups, not actually what should be in there🤔
-
Servicing - Definitive Answers
I've just bought my Kamiq, so far it's brilliant but with a few niggles. The aircon to me didn't seem to be putting out very cold air, sorted with my local aircon man. He found it necessary to top the gas up slightly and also found an electrical connection had become disconnected, all back to working well. I should have checked the pollen first too, now changed for £10. The original (don't think ever changed from new) was really manky and black. Car was serviced in February by a Skoda dealer then whoever had it traded it in. See one of my other posts re brake pad wear, I just need to refresh the front pads/discs now, ordered some Brembo parts. One question I've not found an answer to, which engine oil do I use? Is it 5w 30 or 0w 40, I'll be changing it annually myself after probably 6-7k miles?
- new car day
-
Connecting Infotainment to phone via WiFi
I'm a bit of a novice ATM with the Kamiq, bought it 3 days ago One thing I've learnt, reading the forums (unless I've read wrong) the info when buying the car (specs) say wireless CarPlay but not android auto. I bought a cable to suit the Kamiq USB C but found out the infotainment centre does actually connect to my phone Motorola G62 perfectly. Just use the cable to charge. Also although I've not used the built in navigation I find Waze and Google Maps work great via my phone, had up to date info there too. So I'm not paying Skoda whatever for a subscription.
-
Potential Purchases, Questions?
It's now landed, picked it up today. SE L spec DSG 1ltr 70 plate with just 18k miles. Looking to get a boot mat and reverse camera (I've seen links in other threads for both) but for now I'll install my dash cam and enjoy the driving👍
-
Reversing camera
Sorry another question, where will I find the loom to plug this in? As mentioned I haven't got the car yet so in the dark, thanks 👍
-
Reversing camera
Can I ask what is involved in fitting this AliExpress reverse cam? I reckon I can manage all the routing of cables and mounting of the camera, what about connecting to the display, where are all those connections placed. Done this on a conventional head unit, MX-5, different plugs etc, haven't even got the Kamiq yet to have a look, that's later this week. Thanks.