Everything posted by MickA
-
skoda Rapid Spaceback 2017 1.2 TSi Smell in Cabin
I've got a 2014 1.2Tsi engine in a Toledo it's approaching 35k miles, never had it's plugs changed. I may change them in the coming months but the engine is running sweet ATM. Never heard of spark plugs (old/worn) that could be causing smells inside the car. But if it's fixed the problem๐
-
Skoda Rapid 2018 1.4d bad interior heating
Do you use the aircon also whilst the heater is on?
-
Skoda rapid poor Mpg 1.2 tsi 110
I find it difficult to achieve close to 50mpg in winter even on a longer run. More like low 40's around town too if lucky. Summer however it's a lot better, I've had mid 50's (once 60mpg but driving at no more than 60mph on motorways) and definitely mid to high 40's mixed driving. Mines done 36k miles in 9 years, no spark plug changes yet but a probability this year, the oil gets changed every 5k miles approx which equates to for me annually.
-
Skoda rapid poor Mpg 1.2 tsi 110
As above post fuel usage with my Toledo 12.Tsi. The fuel tank absolutely full the gauge won't move off the full mark (long journey) for around 50 miles, that's probably around 1 gallon used.
-
Creaking noise from front suspension - fixed
I'll measure mine first before ordering. Made a mistake with ordering some MX-5 ARB bushes last year, too small, previous owner had upgraded the rear ARB. I haven't touched my Toledo's ARB from new, it's a 6 speed SE NAV 105 1.2tsi
-
Creaking noise from front suspension - fixed
So new ARB bushes did the job? I've got similar on and off and it seems to be NS, also a Toledo BTW. Now I've had the car since new 2014 only done 35k miles and since I'd say the first year I've had creaks on the NS on and off. This year especially now the colder weather it seems more prominent but only when in the first few miles, seems to be smooth after that. Over the years I've check most stuff for play and tightness with nothing found obvious. Earlier to this year I had the brakes apart for checks and servicing and checked on the drop links, no play at all and in good nick. I'll have a look at these bushes, any chance of a link to where purchased? Cheers๐
-
Any additional jacking points?
It's a fairly meaty piece of metal, place axle stands as close to the hub/suspension each side as you can, I have without any twisting etc. To get the stands under I jack on the sill jacking points, I use a trolley jack.
-
Low oil pressure after oil change, Suspicious mechanic
I had my local 'trusted' garage do the service on my 1.2TSi (Toledo) to be fair to them they are on the whole ok. The 2nd service I had with them was different, they left the sealing ring in from the previous oil filter, it had dropped off the filter. So I had 2 sealing rubbers in there, I only realised when doing the next service myself. No harm done there but I guess no sealing ring could spell trouble. Missed a couple of air box screws too, lazy mechanic presumed lost them and couldn't be arsed to replace. They did get me some spares and fitted them pretty swiftly though.
-
Skoda Rapid 2014-Fault Codes P213800 and U101F00
I had similar faults show up and car went into limp mode. Reading the codes showed up as throttle position sensor but that it was ok. Mine is a stop/start SEAT Toledo, has the same engine electrics etc VAG motors. It was a weak battery, replaced and all was ok. Incidentally I had an EPC code show about 3 weeks ago read the codes, nothing showing. Again battery showing low charge, my fault I run the battery low so it threw a light up on the dash. I strongly recommend getting the battery checked out, it's colder weather now so finds out weak batteries.
-
Fuel rail pressure issues (limp mode; P019100 error) - at my wit's end after multiple major component replacements with no luck. What next?
Just to add to this topic having re-read what you said is happening. Obviously first off get your battery checked or do as I've done since last year and acquired a simple but effective little gadget below. I think everyone should have one in their toolbox, it's saved me a couple times in messing with garages but my problems easily solved. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/372436652444?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=vrAwd99DT4i&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=PjrX0wOKTfG&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY Around 5 weeks ago I stripped my door weather strips off for cleaning. The fronts needed the door card removing. During the process the cars windows were operated quite a few times up down on all four windows plus I had the ignition on off a few times and the radio on. The car had stood a few days before and after the event. Eventually I drove the car and after around 5 miles or so the EPC light came on. A mystery why, I diagnosed myself with the tool above, low battery. Charged the battery and all ok. I also whilst the EPC light was on, I used a code reader, no codes found though. It kept reappearing on driving a few miles. Since battery charging no more code thrown up ๐ Worth buying just for those checks and keeping an eye on the battery condition now winters approaching.
-
Fuel rail pressure issues (limp mode; P019100 error) - at my wit's end after multiple major component replacements with no luck. What next?
I mention this anyway although yours is pointing to a fuelling issue. My Toledo (same engine) threw an EPC light up and also went into limp mode. After a few times of this happening it eventually threw up an engine management light too. Fault diagnosis (my simple tool) throttle position sensor fault. Garage confirmed this when plugged in but not convinced this was the fault. Anyways other checks done and eventually and very quickly they discovered a low battery, the battery wasn't in fact holding a charge. New battery fitted, all good.๐ Garage has seen problems with VAG engines before throwing codes up and then showing unrelated codes to the actual problem. Telling me that the battery needs to be in a decent state to receive and send back signals to the cars systems to say all ok. An uneducated explanation of what he told me. Also for info my car is stop/start so need a more heavy duty battery. Maybe nothing to lose to get the battery checked but maybe a long shot.
-
Start-szop battery charging
I clamp my negative clip onto the engine lift bracket on the top of the engine๐
-
Sat nav retro fit
You'll need to post in the ice section, get more views from those in the know there.๐
-
Mixing engine oils
I use 5w 30 Castrol to the VW spec posted above in my Toledo (same 1.2TSi engine) Because you only get the Castrol in 4 litres containers, which is a perfect quantity for the oil change I use a Mobil 5w 30 for top ups. The Mobil oil is used in my Mazda (to Ford spec) probably only top up by around half pint between oil changes.
-
Time to sell? 2015 Spaceback 1.6 TDI
I'm getting an excuse today that a certain Mazda part is on its way from Japan in a container, ETA at the end of September. So I won't get it sent to me until early October. That's been on order since April with an often used supplier but more and more times now they are struggling sourcing parts, they say, hmm? Same part as I placed an order with another supplier today for other parts is available for just ยฃ2 more, it's in stock at a supplier in Scotland. Ordered 2.30pm today (Thurs) arriving tracked post by midday tomorrow (Fri) So it's not even a pattern part, pucker Mazda part, so why wait for a shipment from Japan. Someone is making excuses for poor parts availablity.
-
Time to sell? 2015 Spaceback 1.6 TDI
Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I think they are taking the wee wee out of you. Just searched front wheel bearing for my Toledo (2014) and plenty to be had for sub ยฃ30. Never fitted one but it seems they fit the Polo, Ibiza, Rapid etc, a standard fit maybe. On another bearing plenty aftermarket bearing for my Mazda for around ยฃ75, dealer OEM want about ยฃ175. Maybe it's a dealer price part they can't get aplenty hence the price??
-
Replacing Infotainment system
I asked the same question and come to the conclusion. I already have updated maps for the RNS 315, a bit clunky but it works. Would prefer Waze or Google maps on the screen for the very limited times I need navigation. The music side of things, well that works via Bluetooth anyways (Spotify, Deezer) etc, so what's the point. I'd have to plug in if I could got an Android Auto/CarPlay capable unit which I did have going spare from another car. I've sold that head unit now. It would also cost more to keep the in display (MFD) functionality if that's a thing you'd want to keep.
-
Two black pipes running front to back on underside of chassis
They are secured with a twisted type spring clip my Toledo is the same and one side looked lower, I just tweaked the clip to hold it up better.
-
rapid 2018 Infotainment swap
You'll probably get a better response in the ICE section I posted in this section about my head unit change, seems not many have done it or haven't bothered because of the faff with connections etc needed.
-
Toledo/Rapid Head Unit Swap
Thank you for your reply, I think I'm understanding it all. The pq canbus box I'm already thinking I need but it's what it achieves apart from SW controls. It worries me about the MFD and it all working, basically the expense if coding is needed and more leads etc. Thinking the MIB2 is too much for me (ยฃ's) hoping to actually get a JVC head unit (wired android auto/CarPlay) installed for as little as possible TBH. Need the facia adapter, ISO leads then SW controls sorting which I expect to do.
-
Toledo/Rapid Head Unit Swap
I've posted in the Audio section but as yet no replies. Any one done this below to their Rapid/Toledo. My car is the Toledo with the RNS 315 Amundsen head unit installed, so very much the same as installed in the Rapid. Having trawled through a few posts for answers I still haven't found a few of the answers for definite before I go ahead and take the unit out. Reading my manual it's not clear if these Amundsens were ever coded to the car, will they plug straight back in and work if I want to reinstall the unit at a later date? When installing the new head unit, may go Kenwood/JVC/Pioneer or an android unit, unsure ATM, if I get the correct leads will it be just plug and play re steering wheel controls, no coding needed? I've read may not get a display on the screen for the rear parking sensors but they'll bleep as normal, anyone confirm this? I may go rear view camera too. And last question will I retain the MFD in the centre dash display, like temp, average consumption, oil temp etc? Thanks in advance.
-
Aftermarket Head Unit Swap Toledo/Rapid
My car is the Toledo with the RNS 315 Admundsen head unit installed, so very much the same as installed in the Rapid. Having trawled through a few posts for answers I still haven't found a few of the answers for definite before I go ahead and take the unit out. Reading my manual it's not clear if these Admundsens were ever coded to the car, will they plug straight back in and work if I want to reinstall the unit at a later date? When installing the new head unit, may go Kenwood/JVC/Pioneer or an android unit, unsure ATM, if I get the correct leads will it be just plug and play re steering wheel controls, no coding needed? I've read may not get a display on the screen for the rear parking sensors but they'll bleep as normal, anyone confirm this? I may go rear view camera too. And last question will I retain the MFD in the centre dash display, like temp, average consumption, oil temp etc? Thanks in advance.
-
1.2 TSI (3 cylinder) juddering at 2000 rpm 3rd through 5th
If it's the 2014 1.2TSi surely it's the chain driven 4 cylinder? There could be a problem with one plug lead, some can break down, can't remember which. Have you took the cover off and checked all leads?
-
1.2 tsi coolant temperature issues
Ahh... rather like my oil/coolant gauge in my MX-5 then, just for show, they do jot to warn of any impending oil pressure or coolant temp issues.
-
1.2 tsi coolant temperature issues
Went out in mine yesterday (Toledo) and the heating is working fine, gauge soon gets to 90ยฐ after around 2 miles approx driving. Toasty warm actually in no time. So definitely having the aircon looked at soon, well it's never been regassed from new, over 8 years.๐ Sorry for the bum info, only oil temp shows in the MFD, we do have a gauge on the dash for water temp๐ Just one point does yours have the belt drive or is it still chain on the 2015 1.2TSi? You mention having the belt changed.๐