Skip to content

MarkyG82

Resident Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by MarkyG82

  1. Factory (or dealer) upgrades are quite expensive I think. Best bet is to take their offer of original system and then follow the advice on here for upgrade route to mib2 if you want more. If they are willing to upgrade you to mib2 for <£500 I would take it. As that year did not come with mib2 I doubt they will. Mib1 systems: -Bolero (your system): small screen, no nav -Amundsen: mid size screen, with nav -Columbus: big screen, nav, + other bits like hard drive for music I think all have dab and Bluetooth.
  2. 220 isn't 4x4. Aside from that some more experienced users will be able to inform. I don't think there is anything in the spec that is different. Main thing will be engine in some way. Maybe fueling.
  3. Paddles can be easily fitted by swapping the wheel. Just hunt around for one you want or have a look online. There's a German shop (forgot the name) that has wheels for good prices. I have a fabia wheel in my Octavia so many of them are interchangeable. Just make sure you have the right buttons as that is where the paddles connect. Best bet is to buy the button set with the wheel. Edit: This is the shop: https://www.cars-equipment.com/en/shop/three-spoke-steering-wheels-2/oem-5e0419091af-cwe-multifunction-steering-wheel/#prettyPhoto
  4. I'd take a Dremel to it to make a flat head driver slot. Then lots of firm pressure with some sort of impact driver. Just make sure the fit is good.
  5. I have tried to get the answer to this in the performance section but haven't had any responses. I have quite a good handle on suspension setup and how different things achieve different results. I had B6 shocks fitted earlier in the year and now I would like to try lowering springs. B12 pro kits used to come with B6 shocks and the B12 sport with B8. With the B8 being shorter it is designed specifically for shorter springs. Now ALL B12 kits come with B8 shocks. Q1: as eibach pro springs are compatible with OEM shocks what is the issue with fitting them to B6 shocks being the same length as standard? Q1: what specifically is the advantage of the shorter shock for lowering if there is no slack in the spring at full extension with B6/stock?

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.