Skip to content

CJJE

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by CJJE

  1. You'll find the maps will update themselves online when updates are available, but there will always be some odd glitches. I suspect the map tiles in mine every now and again don't have the UK flag set as speed limits suddenly show as 45 or 90 (ie the UK limit in Kph). And coming home on Wednesday it suddenly showed a new car dealership where there wasn't one. Chris
  2. I didn't get any USB-C adapters with my car, but they're readily available elsewhere (Tesco, Amazon etc) and then you can choose the size and type you want. I think the Telephone menu in the car will let you delete the other phone pairing, and you may need to ensure that the Car menu has the dipping mirror setting enabled. Chris
  3. There have been other problems reported here: I think your best bet is to start with your local dealer, as if you've been using him to service your car you'll have built up a relationship with him. He may well need to get Skoda UK approval to treat it as a design fault but if he's on your side it will make it easier to get them to agree to pay for it. Any other evidence you can gather to show that this is a common fault and/or an acknowledgement from Skoda that it is a design fault will also help your cause. There's another thread here too: Unable to open fuel filler flap - Skoda Karoq Forums Best of luck... Chris
  4. CJJE replied to pragmatix's topic in Skoda Karoq
    Very true, and after having a dipping mirror on all my recent Golfs (without powered seats) it seems like the Skoda accountants won out by fitting the cheaper mirror unless you paid for powered seats. Luckily, my Area View cameras make the dipping mirror redundant though Chris
  5. CJJE replied to pragmatix's topic in Skoda Karoq
    Only if you have the right kind of left-hand mirror I believe... such as the ones fitted to Editions with powered seats as they need the hardware to remember the settings for the saved seat positions. There have been other threads where people have found that even after coding the software to provide the dipping function it doesn't work without changing the actual mirror. Chris
  6. Interesting! The Turkish Lira price is a lot cheaper than the AliExpress but doesn't include shipping. Who's going to be the guinea pig to see how much UK Customs add?? Chris
  7. I understand that instead of simply pulling a plug through the puncture, a vulcanised repair applies a reinforced patch to the inside of the tyre and the vulcanisation process effectively 'welds' the old and new rubber together. My repairer has a massive oven which they use overnight to heat the tyres they are repairing. It is said to be a safe and durable way of fixing a puncture repair, and There is no other permanent way of repairing an industrial or commercial tyre. Tyre vulcanising repair can be implemented on any tyre including side walls, shoulder and tyre tread surface. Tyres are fully examined for extent of damage to decide if safe repair is possible. My slow puncture was on the 'corner' of the tyre just down from the edge of the tread, and to my mind seemed to have been a blackthorn spike penetrating the tyre as it seemed to have a fibrous end on the outside. I picked the repaired tyre up this afternoon, and the wheel was balanced and refitted to my car for £30.
  8. Yeh... they've done them before for me. A puncture in the tread is just plugged for about £10 or so, but if it's in the sidewall or edge of the tread and hasn't damaged the interior at all they vulcanise the repair for £30. I've used them for years, and the repairs have always lasted for the rest of the tyre's life. I was wondering whether it was worth while replacing the tyre with another Bridgestone Dueler, or replacing the lot with all-season tyres, but am glad I can put that off until later
  9. The Tyre Pressure Alarm discovered a slow puncture in the left front tyre. An inspection found a nail or thorn in the sidewall. This is why I always have a spare wheel in my cars! Off to our local tyre repair workshop for a major repair @ £30.
  10. Thanks for the clarification.
  11. I'd assume that you need to be able to access a secure Skoda server to download the software, and doesn't VCDS just let you edit the software in the car already? Something like ERWIN will give you access to the Skoda Service records, so could they also access the system software files? I'm also assuming that your car doesn't get online updates, or if it does that they don't include updates to the system software. Chris
  12. CJJE replied to Cvak's topic in Skoda Karoq
    People who want to buy a car now, and not wait for months for them to be built??
  13. Pedestrians often rely on hearing a car driving up behind them (we don't wear mirrors after all) and it can be extremely annoying to all concerned to find a silent electric car about to run you down! So if you drive a silent electric car you'll have to get used to using your horn a lot more to make sure people know you are there. Otherwise you are just as bad as cyclists who expect you to know they are there without calling out to you or using a bell Chris
  14. You need the front mudflaps that are suitable for cars without the plastic wheel arch extensions, Hortons quote these as Part Number: 57A075111A There is only one version of the rear mudflaps for all Karoqs, Hortons quote these as Part Number: 57A075101
  15. CJJE replied to castlesween's topic in Skoda Karoq
    Sounds like your dealer messed up the pre-delivery inspection. Wonder what else he's missed! But as Routemaster says, go into the car menu settings and look for 'Units'. Then set it to MPH. Chris
  16. I think a factory reset should remove all personal data, as long as you don't let your phone download the contact list when you drive the car to your dealers! Chris
  17. CJJE replied to 1stkaroc's topic in Skoda Karoq
    Hi Bill, I'm pretty sure the MIB3 Columbus is like my Amundsen in that there is no CD/DVD player anymore, and you can only play media files via Bluetooth or an USB-C drive. One improvement is that you can store 'Favourites' for the media files as well, giving quick access to a particular artist, genre, album or track. On my previous Golf I used to use SD cards and data CDs to store media files, but for the Karoq I find a miniature USB-C drive works just as well. Initially I was very annoyed that I couldn't update all the maps via a downloaded zip file and my PC, but am assured that the online updates keep the maps up to date whenever you drive into an updated region. This does require you to pay an annual subscription, but I've yet to find myself driving across fields on the map so it seems to be working. Again we've been promised that we'll be able to install map updates via the USB-C socket in the future. Chris
  18. CJJE replied to 1stkaroc's topic in Skoda Karoq
    Hi Barbus, Your 2019 Karoq uses the now-superseded MIB2 system - which many users find to be much better than the new MIB3 systems first fitted from the summer of 2020 in Karoqs. The new software (fitted across all VAG cars) is less flexible in many ways, and relies on having an internet access to deliver its new features such as online map updates etc. Chris
  19. CJJE replied to andyste1's topic in Skoda Karoq
    My Golf SV 1.4TSI DSG ran quite happily for 48,300 miles and nearly 6 years with no problems (until I sold it for my Karoq). But to ease any worries you can always extend the warranty. Chris
  20. CJJE replied to Widescreen's topic in Skoda Karoq
    Me too Berisford. And since an aircon service isn't included in a Skoda Service Plan, I don't see it as essential to maintain the warranty. Chris
  21. My Sportline can only take a spacesaver as its a 4x4 and so has a higher floorpan to make room for the Haldex diff. And one of the few things I miss from my previous Golf SV is the ability to hide belongings under the boot floor! So if you want to replace your full-size spare wheel with a spacesaver, I'd be inclined to keep the existing boot floor and use the extra space under the boot floor as a hidey hole for shopping bags, walking boots and poles etc instead! Chris
  22. CJJE replied to Pallance's topic in Skoda Karoq
    It's conceivable that the battery voltage has dropped enough to affect the radio proximity signal, but the unlock circuit is not yet affected. As the battery is the usual cause of problems, a dealer's service department would probably change it as the first and cheapest option when faultfinding - even though only three months use seems premature! As a test, you could try swapping the batteries between your key and your wife's and see if the fault moves with the battery or not. (or if it's just a poor contact in the battery compartment, you may cure the fault that way!). Chris
  23. Well I didn't think my hands were THAT shaky yet... but perhaps I must be wiggling the steering wheel so much that the Stop/Start doesn't kick in until I'm actually stationary???
  24. I was aware of this trait from previous complaints, but mine has never done that. So perhaps it's something reserved for the 1.5TSIs??
  25. I replaced my 2104 Golf SV with a 2020 Karoq last year (both petrol DSGs.) I agree, the stop/start feature is more eager to stop the engine when you apply the brake, as with my Golf I could choose whether to apply the brake or stop the engine by the pressure I applied to the brake pedal. With the Karoq it is more likely to stop the engine, especially if I'm using the Eco drive mode. Both required a tap on the accelerator though to restart the engine (although the Karoq will also do that if I wiggle the steering wheel slightly.) In my opinion it is down to the more stringent fuel economy / emission control requirements on the newer cars. For the same reason, although you can disable the stop/start with the button, you have to do it every time you start the car, and can't just disable the thing completely by software mods. Chris

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.