Skip to content

mac11irl

FREEDOM
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  1. mac11irl replied to Claude's topic in Skoda Yeti
    Morning Ray, Moderators all get an alert to approve new users first post, so that’s now done. It’s just to help cut down on spammers. They get caught in the approval net 👍🏻 Welcome to the forum, You can post freely now without any more mod approval needed, unless you use a key word that’s on the alerts list from all the previous spam attacks.
  2. I’ll feature the video post for you, as a cure. But if you contact @ColinD , the Site Owner, you can discuss options for being able to sell the repair product you have made through the forum’s market place.
  3. I thought about the renegade, but the navigation system clue was throwing me way off 🤦🏼‍♂️
  4. Ooooo I loved Menorca when I went there years ago with my parents. Seemed a lot less busy than Mallorca the years before. Group D, so kinda Normal hatchback size. Decent chance it’ll be an Arona or a Leon.
  5. Torque Pro is also very good. Can’t do the customization that Carista will allow but it does do live data logging for fault hunting
  6. Please be aware that English is the default language for the forum as it is UK based. Posting in non English language can trigger automatic content moderation. Thanks, Briskoda admin team
  7. Moved to the Octavia section as requested. The boot in an Octavia is massive. It’s what’s stopping me from finding my next car! I dont want to lose boot space, but I also fancy something different for a change after 7 1/2 yrs with my mk2 hatchback. But there are very few vehicles that come close to the boot of an Octavia tardis. Golf estate has been discontinued, it’s all bloody SUVs now. Not that I saw a 2026 golf gti hatchback listed at €75k last week, so clearly vw have lost the plot entirely anyway
  8. Interesting change… hadn’t seen anything about it. It was never a thing due to our own “freedom of travel” agreement post… historical events… that predated EU membership and the Schengen agreement rights to move about. I’m not reason for at airports has been because of the post 911 international clamp down on travel identity
  9. I know the recall above is Tesla specific but… flush door handles aren’t EV specific, so I don’t see how this relates to “the truth about EVs”. I also have to go back again to the fire blanket and point out you are moving the goalposts again, a long term tactic used by every conspiracy theorist for centuries - “EVs are serious fire hazard” “They don’t combust anymore frequently than ICE cars which are also a serious fire hazard” “That’s different, EVs are worse when they do combust” “That’s fair, but heres a product being developed we can use to potentially help counter the risk when they do combust” “Ahh but that’s only been shown in ideal circumstances so that doesn’t count and there’s no procedure in place for in the real world” “But it’s just a concept demonstration, of course it’s ideal, like any other concept demonstration” “Still different because reasons, they claim they don’t need to be serviced” Etc etc Everything has issues that don’t come to light until available and in use en masse. Then issues get resolved. But neigh sayers will always just move the focus to another point.
  10. From reading that reply…. I think you completely missed the point I was making, through use of sarcasm.
  11. Good morning and welcome to Briskoda. Please use an online translation tool prior to posting in order use the required language of English. Thanks! And again welcome onboard!
  12. You know you’re right.. totally unrealistic demonstration. It reminds me of the time I once watched a demonstration by the fire fighters of dealing with the aftermath of an RTA , and when the demo started, the FF’s already had the scene cordoned off, a hydrant located, their gear on, and the all the hydraulic gear out of the trucks and ready to go, which also obviously meant the appliances and ambulance had already arrived at the scene.. Even the people trapped in the vehicles being rescued already had their safety specs on.. so it took them mere moments to have the lid cut off the focus and the doors wedged open on the upside down vectors. totally unrealistic compared against a real crash.
  13. Hi, You need to put info in the text box not just a title.
  14. Not entirely the only the way… @Breezy_Pete Should be able to help you with the build info too

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.