'08 Go-Karting Meet Feeler

fletch555

I had to take another person off the list (but have added 3 others).

@ Eddie I think its about 1.33 or so IIRC, are you definitely going as your name ain't on the list :P;):thumbup:...I've added ya in :thumbup:

------------------------------------------

Saturday 7th June at 1:30p.m.

Meet at Tesco Car Park in Maynooth @ 1150, leaving at 1200 sharp so we'll get to Edgeworthstown for 1310. Racing starts at 1330.

@Bpm - don't forget your 2 way radios (likewise anyone else which has a set )

YES

1 fletch555

2 fletch555's friend

3 Gaff

4 bpm

5.Razor

6 Love That Turbo

7. Fatlad

8. Joe (Razor's mate)

9. Cathalb

10. Smithy

11. RC Dave (Gaff mate) Deposit 25 Euro Gaff

12. RC Robert (Gaff mate) Deposit 25 Euro Gaff

13. tobinsrs

14. Michelle (mrs tobinvrs)

15. Davy (Gaff Mates)

16. Mickey (Gaff Mates)

17. Alan (Gaff Mates)

18. octav.ed

MAYBE

Bryan

Coilie 110

Dr.Octavia

McGyver

NO

Niki

CJ

IL140

Micksvrs

Octaviarsirl

Jedi

pdhealy

The Big Mac

Vista

feck thats gettin expensive down yonder also.. :eek:

yes i'm a deffo m8.. :D

will meet up y bpm after i fill up y diesel... :thumbup:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey all, were still good to go this afternoon. See you at Tesco at 1150, btw BPM bring your radio.

glad 2 hear this is still on .. :thumbup:

i'm about to leave... :D

will meet y bpm @ omni after get diesel... :eek:

wot a flamin scorcher of a day up here.... :cool:

c ye's all there.... ;)

Good job flecth555,gaff on the go karting.

:thumbup: that was some weather we got for it

Good clean racing:rolleyes::rolleyes:

:rofl::rofl: @ Bpm - Leisure Plex is where they do the Bumper cars, maybe we should organise the next meet there so you can try get it all out of your system. The idea is to finish the final in the best spot, and from the banging you were at, the kart obviously dished out its own revenge :rofl:.

@ Cathal - Must say driving someone straight into the tyres is a bit dangerous, karts do end up upside down. Don't mind a bit of rubbing, but that was stupid. Looks like I'm regularly becoming the meat in an Interfusion Sandwich, ah well.

.Good to see eveyone again

:thumbup:

another great wee day. :thumbup:

good racing..:drivesaf:

fantastic weather.. :cool:

and only drove 351 miles.. ;)

thank feck it's a diesel... :P

Fair play to ya Ed, ya always make a BIG effort to make the meets :thumbup:

Sounds like there was "racing" at this one im sick i missed :(
You missed out alright....some great racing! Although there's hardly a muscle in my body that isn't aching right now! :)

Oh and great pics as ever Gaff! :thumbup:

:thumbup: that was some weather we got for it

:rofl::rofl: @ Bpm - Leisure Plex is where they do the Bumper cars, maybe we should organise the next meet there so you can try get it all out of your system. The idea is to finish the final in the best spot, and from the banging you were at, the kart obviously dished out its own revenge :rofl:.

@ Cathal - Must say driving someone straight into the tyres is a bit dangerous, karts do end up upside down. Don't mind a bit of rubbing, but that was stupid. Looks like I'm regularly becoming the meat in an Interfusion Sandwich, ah well.

:thumbup:

If you're looking for sorry... tough

I raced through 9 heats, semi and the final and never hit anyone..:cool:

you ran wide, i took advantage and was well entitled to drive whatever line i like as i was ahead.:finger:

you said it yourself on the day that only for there was a marshall on that tyre wall, you would have done a BPM on me :P

I pride myself in being a clean racer and have been doing so for a long time.

@ BPM... or should i say MR Kamikaze... using the excuse that you were going to fast .........the first time ..ok

But trying to do doughnuts in the middle of the chicane:rofl:

Great day lads even tho i didn’t get one win, finished top 3 in every race bar the final. Really enjoyed that track but couldn't get the hang of that left hander in the centre. Other highlights of the day were drag racing Gaff out of toll boots, BPM not turning up his boost controller i just use my right foot for that:rofl: and those jeans bet onto that foreign birds ass:D

There's always a sore looser. ;) I have to put it down to the state of the karts on the day. If you're afraid of a bit proper rivally then don't race :P Besides it isn't winning the day its the taking part and having fun that matters :thumbup:

@ BPM... or should i say MR Kamikaze... using the excuse that you were going to fast .........the first time ..ok

But trying to do doughnuts in the middle of the chicane

Yeah I was having a bit of fun with that kart, teasing you. Pity it had no brakes, but it had some drive....good old number 3.

I raced through 9 heats, semi and the final and never hit anyone..:cool:

:orb_sleep

you ran wide, i took advantage and was well entitled to drive whatever line i like as i was ahead.:finger:

you said it yourself on the day that only for there was a marshall on that tyre wall, you would have done a BPM on me :P

No problem with you taking advantage out of the corner (off ya go), but the line you took to the next corner wasn't the racing line (You had obviously had planned some dangerous move, otherwise why let me by in the first place :finger:), btw you weren't ahead you were along side, hence the reason I had nowhere to go but the barrier, otherwise it would have been very easy to tag the back of you.

The thing is, if everyone starts doing it then its only a matter of time before someone gets seriously hurt.

There's always a sore looser.

Nowt sore about it, there's no way I would have caught the top 3, I have no problems admitting that.

I have to put it down to the state of the karts on the day. If you're afraid of a bit proper rivally then don't race :P

Obviously from the above quote your the sore looser blaming the kart (it was the driver that broke it, by hitting people :rofl:)

No hassle with rivally, but if you want a session of trying to hurt people then I have no problem giving as good as I get, least I know where I stand, just don't be whinging when I start dishing it out :P

Besides it isn't winning the day its the taking part and having fun that matters :thumbup:

Exactly, but if people end up in hospital because of the way YOU take part then that ain't fun anymore.

@ bpm - did you take any pics with my camera as I didn't notice any?

Other highlights of the day were drag racing Gaff out of toll boots, BPM not turning up his boost controller i just use my right foot for that:rofl: and those jeans bet onto that foreign birds ass:D

:rofl:, @ smithy mine wasn't turned up either :rofl:

:wrthless:

I see loads of pics of karts Gaff, but none of the important stuff like Smithy referred to!

Sorry but forgot a picture of that, would have been too obvious sitting in the kart with the zoom lens on :rofl:

Is it going to be like this everytime when Gaff looses??? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

@Gaff - To be honest I'm getting tired of you throwing the toys out of the pram when you don't win and its really getting old. :thumbdwn:

There were marshals and video footage beamed to the commentary room that kept a close eye on all the action. If any of it was deemed to be dangerous then a black or black/white flag would have been given to the offender(s). The people running the track saw nothing but friendly rivally and did not penalise anyone.

I don't mind you having a go at my driving. I had a bad kart that wouldn't turn right and I only found out when it wouldn't turn right on the first right-handed bend on the first lap of the final and subsequently careered into yours. It only happened the once and as soon as I knew the fault with the kart, I backed off for everyone' s safety. I'm extremely angry that you would associate me with causing big accidents

I'm not saying I'm a perfect karter, far from it, but I don't intentionally drive into karts like bumper cars. I know that tipping someone in a kart apart from being dangerous slows me down and not the other karter and thats not how to drive in a race. I go out to have fun and if I win, its a bonous, like most people that attended.

I am seriously considering not attending any more Karting events that you're a part of as everytime there's backlash after the event and gives the event a bad name.

Is it going to be like this everytime when Gaff looses??? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

@Gaff - To be honest I'm getting tired of you throwing the toys out of the pram when you don't win and its really getting old. :thumbdwn:

Don't be such a drama queen. I have absolutely no problem with loosing, in fact theres no way I would have caught 1st, 2nd & 3rd, I've no problems admitting it (I was just delighted I beat the two people who tried dirty tactics during the day).

There were marshals and video footage beamed to the commentary room that kept a close eye on all the action. If any of it was deemed to be dangerous then a black or black/white flag would have been given to the offender(s). The people running the track saw nothing but friendly rivally and did not penalise anyone.

Are you having a laugh, I'd say the marshalling is about as consistant as the karts :rolleyes:...............maybe you missed the number of sarcastic comments by people about good clean racing :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I don't mind you having a go at my driving. I had a bad kart that wouldn't turn right and I only found out when it wouldn't turn right on the first right-handed bend on the first lap of the final and subsequently careered into yours. It only happened the once and as soon as I knew the fault with the kart, I backed off for everyone' s safety. I'm extremely angry that you would associate me with causing big accidents

Thats funny as it was a left hand hairpin you hit me.....so work that one out :confused: I suppose thats what happened the last day aswell :rolleyes:

I'm extremely angry that you would associate me with causing big accidents

Maybe you should re-read what I wrote as it was Cathals action I said was dangerous [quote name=GAFF;131649

@ Cathal - Must say driving someone straight into the tyres is a bit dangerous' date=' karts do end up upside down. Don't mind a bit of rubbing, but that was stupid. :[/quote]

I actually referred to having the next meet in Leisure Plex, especially for you ;)

I'm not saying I'm a perfect karter, far from it, but I don't intentionally drive into karts like bumper cars. I know that tipping someone in a kart apart from being dangerous slows me down and not the other karter and thats not how to drive in a race. I go out to have fun and if I win, its a bonous, like most people that attended.

Call me skeptical but its a bit of a coincidence that in 2 outings I'm a magnet for the same person.

I am seriously considering not attending any more Karting events that you're a part of as everytime there's backlash after the event and gives the event a bad name.

Now who's throwing the toys out of the pram :rofl:.

Oh btw, Maybe count the number of Karting events and then count the "backlashes" or discussions as I would call them, only the last 2 were an issue.

Can't comment on the intricacies of the beef between you guys as I wasn't there, but this forum is not the place to squabble over the days events.

Go for a pint and have it out face to face - you'll both feel better for it.

Just my 2 cents worth.