Touring in a VRS : anyone done it?

It's good to see others have done some serious milage in their Fabias without any problems.

Myself and the missus are thinking about a road trip to see her family in Slovakia next year (~2500 miles) and I was starting to wonder whether the car would be up to the job to take both of us and our gear. It's good to hear other tall people did long distances without too much discomfort as well (I'm 6'5").

I never really thought of the Fabia as a tourer. I think the teeny fuel tank makes me think that really. When I was 16 we went on a road trip up and down britain in a m8's vectra, it had a 60 litre fuel tank!!! So less stops = more driving = getting further in your time limit!

and also space in the car, is the boot larger than it initially looks to put stuff camping stuff in?

I've been touring in a TR4 - if you can't get you gear in a Fabia, you're taking too much stuff!!

Did a 700mile South - North - South 3 day dash recently and as with everyone else the car performed faultlessly, chassis/engine/gearbox set up really in its element, seats felt OK at the time as well.

3 days later was walking around like I needed a double hip replacement. Guess the lumbar support can be an issue, and not only for long people - us five foot sixies can suffer too!! Now I know why my dear old Dad gripes about his sciatica.

If I was 21 it might not matter, but having been round that clock more than a couple of times have to be careful about seat/seat back positions or get some technical advice on cushions.... Pre-natal classes are good for that I've heard:)

and also space in the car, is the boot larger than it initially looks to put stuff camping stuff in?

just wondring you see!

cheers

I go camping one weekend very year with mrs okeh and okeh jnr

the fabia isnt big enough to fit all the camping gear in for my needs

so from last year i started to use the van to go on my annual camping weekend.

If its only two people camping the fabia will probably be ok due to having extra space in the back and needing less stuff.