Doors lock on their own (and open at night)

Very spooky...I will be sat in my octavia if its moving or not and the back driver side rear passenger door locks on its own and it gets even wierder...

I lock the car up at night double check it and in the morning its opened all the doors by itself :eek: :eek: :eek:

How does this happen! I for the last 2 weeks have been thinking it was me but it unlocks itself at night and locks one rear door when you are in it.

Anyone else had this, My kids say ...dad this car is strange lol :)

Any pointers would be great.

Check the carpets for dampness, its possible you have a leak and the convienience ECU is getting wet.

The carpets are dry but saying that i had to replace my door membranes as these were letting in water and getting the carpets wet on drivers front and passenger side.

What is the conveniance unit and where is it and is it easy to find

As long as you have found the leak, once everythings dried out it should be ok.

I am sure someone will be along with the fuse number, I no longer have a mk1 and therefore no manual.

I have managed to locate the conveniance control unit and it appears ok, no signs of dry joints or water etc.

When it is disconnected i dont have and electric windows in the car

are the windows connected to this conveniance unit. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same problem. Wet dirt got stucked in mye luggage lock and shortcutted my lock.

It opened my doors and windows at night, locked the doors while driving.

Found a fuse, think it's a 30A almost at top second column from left.

My dad had a similar problem with his old octavia and it turned to be a fault with the connector from the rear door to the car, it also caused the window to open and close on it's own and the internal light kept coming on as well as locking and unlocking the door.

rather spooky when you were driving along.

• 4 weeks later...

I had a similar problem which I think is fixed. I'm holding onto lots of wood here!! I'd come back to the car and all the doors on which the winder mechanisms still work (that would be 2 :-) had opened themselves and the car was unlocked.

It simply needed a door lock repair kit from the main dealer.

I did have an extra clue in that my drivers door lock didn't work properly, basically the door lock was not returning to the centre position correctly therefore the door was unlocked.

Hope this info is helpful to somebody.

Andy