pi55ed off at main dealer!

maybe i should have slagged off my irish dealer a whole more on here and i might have had some satifaction over the issue of my seat!!!.....rather than a total feck off by skoda and a solicitors bill!!!......and a still fecked seat!!!:(

k

I have a 02 fabia and have always used skoda dealers here in sussex (england) you know I think dealers are dealers once the care is out of warrenty its over the bonet time I have had enough I do whatever repairs I can myself now and that is not much tailgate struts and lights and Im going to get a back street machanic to fix my passanger window becaus I can get *^$"!!(ed closer and cheaper great cars shame about the dealers

Just had Skoda on the blower, they are keeping my car for another 3 weeks, seems they are putting an entire new engine into my car(something to do with serious over heating), at their expense, they have given me a run around to use for the duration, so it seems that maybe the dealers have come up trumps on this occasion, 3 weeks will tell alot!

Quality result.

Make sure you get the paperwork to back everything up in case you sell the car.

I wrote before but I'm new and I think my mesage got lost on the eather.

I just wanted to say in my experiance once the warrenty has worn out you can expect to be thrown over the bonnet and handled very roughly.

I have always used skoda dealers and they have always used me and even though I don't smoke it would be nice to be asked after the event.

I have taken to doing what I can myself and that aint much tailgate struts I bought a pair genuine new parts for £18 and fitted them in less than 5 minuets which was an improvment on the £78 my dealer wanted to replace just one I am not up to doing the passanger window but the machanic in this back street sounds good save me some travel some money and you never know he might kiss me first.

you are not alone finton from sussex

• 2 weeks later...

hi vicount,looks like a trip to the small claims court could be on the cards,try ringing your citizens advise people.is there anyone out there who can actually recommend a skoda dealer in dublin or ireland.:)

had another phone call from my dealers to say that the new engine wont be in the country till the 20th of this month, they have my car off and on now since mid April, saying that the run around they gave me has been no bother its an 02 fabia with the 5k miles on it than my own even tho mine is 2 yr older, i really just want this over and done with,its dragging it heels now!

• 2 weeks later...

Never had any problems with my local dealer. All the staff have been fantastic everytime I have needed them! And that includes when mine needed a timing belt and water pump change!! Dont tar every dealer with the same brush, being ex-motortrade myself it really hacks off those dealers and mechanics who are good and do a very good job. And my local dealer is Dennis Horton & sons of Lincoln if you want to know.

What utter incompetence... That is an all to typical story of skoda dealers I'm afraid. That's why I prefer to get mine serviced locally at a back street garage that I know personally and trust.

Me thinks citizens advice is the next course of action.

I hope you get it sorted, especially as they seem to have been replacing parts with no real knowledge of how to fix the fault.

Sounds like your the lucky one it seems that most dealers have a poor service to customers especially here in ireland sure the parts have to come from the uk, but i've ordered parts for rally cars such as diffs and they have came in 1 week why such a long wait just from the uk????

But yes your right not all dealers are bad if you find one that is helpful etc etc then keep using them - its good to build a relationship with them.

The mechanics aren't normally to blame its the suits that cause the problem, but then again i only use parts never service as i do all the work myself save all that money that the labour costs

Bye the way viscount a good mechanic would have the engine changed in 2 days max - i did mine in 1.5 days on my own so why the 2 weeks you've waited long enough it should be prioroty now, if you were paying iy wouldn't take weeks would it????????

well the reason i got for the delay in the engine getting here was that skoda waterford were having trouble sourcing a new engine for that year! i dunno i feel like a mushroom, being kept in the dark and fed bull ****!

its been a long wait to have my car back, its been gone since mid april, all going well i hope to have her back by next fri, i do hope so as the run around they gave me has no tax disc or nct (mot) certs, also its tyres are cheap,and deadly in the wet, and i dont honestly fancy driving it much longer!

I had a Rover 416 previously - after only two weeks having bought it second hand, there wa s aloud knocking noise and camshaft was worn right through. Needed a new engine. A company in South London offered to do the work for £800. 2 months later and they were still stalling on finishing the work, blaming the immobiliser. Anyway at that point I contacted trading standards who said any work should be done within a reasonable timeframe, and to write a letter giving them a reasonable deadline, or I would want the car back in it's original condition, and a full refund. I CC'd Trading Standards onto the bottom of the letter so the garage knew that TS had a copy. It seemed to focus their minds although the work was not completed by the deadline still, so in the end I got a full refund and scrapped the car. However I dont know how long it would have taken if I didnt involve TS. I would recommend giving them a call and explaining your position, and seeing what they suggest. The dealer may well have your interests at heart but if they do then they can surely sympathise with the amount of time you've been waiting and should really prioritise it above others. If not then they need a kick up the *** to really get things moving.

well guys i got my car back yesterday and yes everything was as Skoda Waterford said it would be, i got a brand new engine at no cost to me and they also fixed one of the drives at no extra charge,and I am getting all the paper work on monday so i know whats what, and i was told i can also have a copy of the receipt of the new engine, thats nice.:thumbup:

also they gave the car a mini valet inside and out, so it seems that Skoda Dealers in Waterford Ireland have really come up trumps on this occasion, i have now got a clock with 60k on it and an engine with 30 miles on it, so it looks like i will be driving this motor for at least a few more years,

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Edited by vicount

• 4 weeks later...

ive now put 900 miles on the new engine and i have to say there isnt a fault with it, apart from somewhere along the line my air filter hose was split and joined wit electrical tape,(like when it heated up it wasnt gonna split??).

she sounded like a rally car til i got home and looked under the hood, so i just removed the snapped piece and pulled the hose over and just clipped it back with the spring clip provided,took a pliers to open the clip, its streched a bit but holding for the time being! i coudnt be arsed going back,,thanks but no thanks,,

im gonna use my back street dealer!!

I have had a few problems with my local Skoda dealer.

I took it in to get the wheels balanced, and the tracking done.

I got the car back, got onto the main road and realised my steering wheel was 35degrees from the norm, but I was going straight. (really ****ed with my head).

Rang them up, and they couldnt get it done for 2weeks.

I then went in and had to leave it until the next morning as i finished work late. (that meant another 45minute detour on the way to work)

Picked up the car the next morning... (that meant another 45minute detour on the way to work) and it was fine.

BUT.. (and this is the most annoying part of all.!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:)

the whole left hand side of the car was covered in bird ****.

There was barely any paint visible.

But... (and this is the most annoying part of all.!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:)

I had just had the car detailed the week before and so was nice and shiney and looked ace.!

Was proper annoyed.

But i know its ont as bad as all your other storys.

Just still a bit annoying.

• 2 weeks later...

so you had some issues with the steering wheel being off line????

and some bird ****?? wtf??

i had a serious complaint , my engine was ruined by my local dealer, a whole engine,,you had bird ****,,lol, tis almost funny! why bother posting???

jeezuz,, as we have all read, not all dealers are the same, we cant paint em all with the one brush, but bird **** and dodgy steering wheel angle?? detailing?? shiny?? :rofl:

Dealers do have the gear and the trained techies, it’s just that some of the techies, as some customers are also, happen to be kn0bs.

I feel sorry for the good guys out there like Lummox. Having spent a little time in the trade, I have seen both the good and bad sides of Mechanics. I guess the trick is to find a good one and bribe the service desk to get him to work on your car

(TIP: always leave a bag of sweeties for the mechanic to eat:thumbup: they will remember you in a better light....honest:))

Dont tar all dealers with the same brush please.

I do admit though that it is bad service you have got there, ask for SUK Complaints number.

I'd agree that naturally they are not all the same. Some can be good, some bad.

However on this I wouldn't expect too much from SUK customer service -they can be equally inept as some dealers.

For instance although I've mentioned this before. Asked a dealer to have a look at brakes at 10k, wasnt very happy with them. They said "theyre fine but if its mooing then check it back in". Had a very "near miss" but defintely not the mooing problem. Went to another dealer (lack of time to see 1st dealer) but charged £100. Told brakes were miscalibrated (at15k), on the handbrake.

Tried to get some solution from SUK for the excess charge of £100 for total inadequacy of Dealer#1, after they made absolutely NO reason to want to refund or even apologise for their inadequancy. Dealer1 explained it was "normal wear and tear" (what, after hardly any time at all and only 1 service! well, less than 5k)

No chance. SUK as a company are flawed in this sense. Great cars, but the happy drivers are ONLY in some cases because of the quality of the cars. I only hope that Skoda Czeck take note and kick some useless arses over here.

Most main dealers will take your money regardless of the problem, Looks good if you have FSH when it comes to selling the car, but in my experience your best taking it to a competent mechanic who u know or has had good praise over the years. Couse of action, Mechanic and dealer manager, HO, HR and so on till you get the response you need..