Oil catch can

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

will get a pic up tomoz as im at work now

it replaces the pipe that some attach the silicone to the one that goes under the inlet manni. i replaced it with silicone because mine was completley perished

very easy and worth doing

i would also advise at the same time as doing this remove your intercooler and clean oil out aswell as you intake hoses :thumbup:

Hey buddy, did you manage to take a pic of how the hose from the T piece joins under the inlet maniold. Still interested to see this.

If you look at my "diagram" above - the pipe leading downwards from the Y pipe goes down about 6-8" then into a connector. Hoping to do my install this weekend so will take lots of pics. Assuming SWMBO doesn't set me on with a list of jobs :D

Hi Rob, I can sort of guess that form you pic but as the OEM plastic pipe seems to sit in the T piece connector, it does not look like the silicon hose will be able to push into the same connector(different thickness pipes). Maybe I am wrong. I don't really want to cut the OEM plastic pipe down there to sleeve the silicon hose over it as may want to put to standard if I ever sell it.

I too hope to be fitting mine over the weekend as Jay will be posting out the OCC soon.:D

Guest westallc

100_4046.jpg

100_4044.jpg

you can see where it connects and that oily piece is 19mm bit of the old pipe awaiting alloy joiner..

but thats all the size you need coming out the end or it wont fit also its just a push in and leave with the pressure forom the t piece it wont move hope this helps if you need any more i will pull the lot off and take some more piccys

100_4046.jpg

100_4044.jpg

you can see where it connects and that oily piece is 19mm bit of the old pipe awaiting alloy joiner..

but thats all the size you need coming out the end or it wont fit also its just a push in and leave with the pressure forom the t piece it wont move hope this helps if you need any more i will pull the lot off and take some more piccys

Cool thanks. I think this will become obvious when actually attempt to fit it all up. I just wanted to be as confident as possible before the tool box gets opened. Thanks Again

I know what you mean, it can get out of hand can't it.

That cover does look lovely though!

I keep thinking I should replace the top inlet hose with a silicon one. Like you though I have just got to stop spending!

Very nice Robbo (said in the voice of Neville Bartos)!

I'll be fitting up my bracket this weekend, so useful to see what you've done. Hoses will have to wait till next week when I have some money!

Nice pics and very helpful Rob.

The OCC can looks like it is sitting quite high or could be the angle the pic was taken. I was thinking of fitting mine to either where you have or the side battery cover.

Collected mine from Jay himself last night! Lovely little can this, build quality is excellent and I love the little bleed valve in the bottom (left handed thread confused me for a moment!).

Just like to say a massive thank you to Jay for organising all of this, couldn't meet a nicer chap :thumbup:. And thank you for waiting for me last night! I was shamefully late, and then rushed off to the airport without even letting you have your promised test drive:O. So yeah, I owe you one buddy.

Only plus side of running late was that I had an excuse to give the car a good hooning! :D

Has anyone ordered hose from Auto Performance yet?

My 2 metres of hose arrived today from them and pleasantly suprised that hose is made by Forge.

May start this over the weekend but SHMBO may stop that as the FMIC bumper mod took longer then expected.

Rob how is yours coming along?

My 2 metres of hose arrived today from them and pleasantly suprised that hose is made by Forge.

May start this over the weekend but SHMBO may stop that as the FMIC bumper mod took longer then expected.

Rob how is yours coming along?

Mark please post a pic of the hose,as i would like to know what's the quality is like.

Did colour did you go for?

If you only use 1.5 metres i may have the other .5 off you.