Remapped 2.0 TFSI power rev ranges..

I don't think anyone is trying to start a heated discussion, not sure what gives you that impression.

A 0-60 time isn't really a good measure of how good your car is but more of how good at standing starts you are.

Sorry i meant the 60-100mph times. Mine does it 6.9-7.0 secs on average.

No, i know nobody was trying to start a heated discussion. I just was hoping that it wouldn't turn into one. I'll try and get logs tonight as last night something came up.

Ah yeah I remember him saying :o Trouble is there was no benchmark to log the results against, you need to add block 115 (which logs boost but also logs rpm) to blocks 020 and 031 iirc. :thumbup:

I've just graphed the logs, requested vs actual fuel pressure against rpm.

From my limited understanding of these things it seems to me that the pressure is very well matched albeit a little agressively so I can see how it could help.

The only thing I would say is that I'm curious to know if it flows enough fuel to keep it from running too lean, the fuel pump upgrade doesn't really give an increase in pressure it isn't designed for that it does give an increase in volume.

I would check the timing correction factors and AFR if I were you Micky just to make sure you are happy with them.

I'm running that map now for the last 1500miles and not once have i had any symptoms. Full power to the redline and the car fecking flies. Will be putting her on a RR in the next week hopefully.

@ Makefish, i had forgot to log the RPM but did new logs since.

I still have my suspiscions that the uprated pump is only curing the symptom and not the fault( from what i'm hearing;) ). The 230bhp TFSI engine uses the same pump and yet can get 300bhp without fuel cut.

I'll be going the 280bhp exhaust, intake etc route soon so time will tell if a pump is really needed at all.

• 1 year later...
Ooops, i didnt see the thread date, dont even know how i managed to stumble on this one lol...

As a matter of interest what bhp figures you getting with cars with my mods?

Hi!

Did not VAG at some point start using higher capasity/better pumps on the 2.0 TFSI? I think I have read that somewhere..

Maybe it was in 2008?

Olit

Hi!

Did not VAG at some point start using higher capasity/better pumps on the 2.0 TFSI? I think I have read that somewhere..

Maybe it was in 2008?

Olit

Not as far as I know, but there have been successful attempts in adding modified fuel pump internals from the likes of Autotech and more recently complete replacement pump from APR both of which show big improvements over OEM fuel pumps especially on modified TFSI's.