Red brake calipers

mikel543

My mate and I were in the car park at work last week comparing our VW Group cars out in the sun.

My 08 MK II VRS and his 57 Plate Seat Leon FR.

One thing we both agreed on was that the Leon would look much better if its plain calipers were replaced with red ones like those on my VRS.

Having a quick look at the two hubs through the slots in the alloys, the discs and calipers on both cars look identical barring the red paint job.

Firstly does anyone know if they are the same?

Secondly does anyone know where he can source the red calipers for the Leon from? Preferably somewhere online.

He's got someone lined up to fit them so that isn't a problem, he just needs some pointers on where to look at getting them from and he doesn't want to mess around with painting the existing ones if possible.

Thanks

Mike

To be honest he would be just as well painting his existing calipers using high temperature paint. There are lots of guides on various websites which explain how to paint brake calipers. There's no need to go to all the expense and hassle of replacing bits!

The brakes will be the same 312mm discs & calipers, but as above - better off painting the existing calipers red.

I used smooth finish gold Hammerite on the calipers of my Mk2 Golf GTI 16V, Corrado G60 & Ibiza 110 TDI Sport.

This seemed to withstand the heat generated with no problems. Even after a few track days!!