New - Old Superb

Hello All,

After a bit of debating, and a lot of thought, I decided not to go for a new Superb when it comes out, but got a decent deal on a New Old one, just a couple of pictures, but would like your comments and views.

Yes I know there is a vRS badge on the front, but I thought why not....

The car is a 2.0 TDi Elegance, with the sports suspension from the factory, and boot spoiler.

Let me know what you thinks ladies and gentlemen.

Kind Regards

SJ

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/dr_superb/DSC00038-1.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/dr_superb/DSC00037.jpg

Sport suspension...is it any better than standard? And can it be specced as a dealer fit??

Yes it is better than standard, not on the same level as the Octavia vRS though. But it make a lot of difference to the overall handling, and it corners a lot better!

I do not know if it can be specced as a dealer fit though, sorry.

Nice to see you sticking with the model. So what makes the sports suspension 'sports'? Is it lower? Stiffer springs? Rear anti-roll bar? Anything that helps keeping the back end in control and a bit flatter when cornering must be good :D. How about cruising? Is it any harsher or noisier than your old one?

Hope you enjoy it and don't become a DPF victim :thumbup:

Now - about those wheels...:cool:

Yes it is better than standard, not on the same level as the Octavia vRS though. But it make a lot of difference to the overall handling, and it corners a lot better!

I do not know if it can be specced as a dealer fit though, sorry.

Is it much lower with the Sports Suspension? And do you know what make it is?

Nice work SJ. I have seen a few of these around at very reasonable prices, I know many dealers were forced to take them on by Skoda.

It certainly is one whole lot of motor for the dollar.

Good Move IMO. The New Superb will hold some sort of premium initially but Im guess values will fall dramatically shortly after, big cars arent flavour of the month these days & there will be plenty of cheap s/hand ones around with better percieved badges. Yours is a wise financial choice & its still one hell of a motor for your dollar. Our 140 is still running fine at over 60K & will be kept for some time unless a certain car to be launched at Goodwood tempts us.

Looks good mate, happy with it? Why Silver?

Any plans for it?

Yes I am very happy with it. Decided against the black as it was showing every mark known to man, and each time I cleaned and polished it, I found more! So decided that Silver was a good choice - in my opinion anyway.

As for plans... Well it has the boot spoiler, and suspension, so not much at the moment to be honest.

I prefer these wheels to the 'Cubic' ones I before, as they are easier to clean, and look better.

Nice to see you sticking with the model. So what makes the sports suspension 'sports'? Is it lower? Stiffer springs? Rear anti-roll bar? Anything that helps keeping the back end in control and a bit flatter when cornering must be good :D. How about cruising? Is it any harsher or noisier than your old one?

Hope you enjoy it and don't become a DPF victim :thumbup:

Now - about those wheels...:cool:

I do not know what make the sports suspension is I am afraid. It is lower about 25mm and feels a lot stiffer. Not sure on the anti roll bar.

It does corner a hell of a lot better that the previous one, and a lot flatter.

Cruising is good, with no real 'wallow' which the last one used to do. Not harsher just firmer really, and noise levels not noticable.

As for the DPF I know how to keep that at bay with the revs at the right amount! :D

Good Move IMO. The New Superb will hold some sort of premium initially but Im guess values will fall dramatically shortly after, big cars arent flavour of the month these days & there will be plenty of cheap s/hand ones around with better percieved badges. Yours is a wise financial choice & its still one hell of a motor for your dollar. Our 140 is still running fine at over 60K & will be kept for some time unless a certain car to be launched at Goodwood tempts us.

Well to be honest, I have been reading all your posts regarding the DPF so always keep an eye on that. This newer one with the revised dials, actually has a DPF icon that shows up when they all do on start up, but as previously stated, I know that keeping the revs above the 2500rpm threshold over a period of time, helps the DPF to function - albeit a bad design.

My last one covered around 32000 with just the DPF light coming on once one very cold morning, and then going out instantly.

I totally agree it is a lot of car for the money.

:)

hi.....i agree silver does look rather nice, but my wife decided on black, and my eldest daughter talked her into it as she had dyed black hair and fingernails, and said she would look cool in a black motor lol......but as you quite rightly say, it shows everything up, and when polishing i find even more.....but i do like the metal gold like dust when it shines in the sun, and from a distance it does look rather awsome in my opinion...i dont see anything wrong with sticking badges on cars.....as skoda do a 170bhp diesel in their vrs octavia, i thought well why not the superb!!...but all i did was put a chrome 170 on the back....gives all those youngsters in their nova's and astra's a run for their money when i floor it.....all that expense on big bore exhausts and racing seats and fancy alloys......and i leave them behind ^_^

I like the boot spoiler - very subtle, but adds that little something. And rare - not seen a Superb with one yet. Quite fancied the idea of having one fitted a while ago - then I found out how much. £225 from the stealer, :eek: and then there's the cost of painting it on top of that. And fitting too, if you don't do it yourself. Needless to say my bootlid is unadorned. Now how much do you reckon the L&K rear bumper must be, with the exposed exhaust. :rolleyes:

Yes I did, traded my Black TDi 140 Elegance one in against it. :)

Des must have been in a generous mood that day :) if you get any problems with it ask for him, he's a good bloke, but you must be polite, he won't deal with ranter's, I saw him offer a bloke back his money one day on a brand new car.

Yes I am very happy with it. Decided against the black as it was showing every mark known to man, and each time I cleaned and polished it, I found more! So decided that Silver was a good choice - in my opinion anyway.

As for plans... Well it has the boot spoiler, and suspension, so not much at the moment to be honest.

I prefer these wheels to the 'Cubic' ones I before, as they are easier to clean, and look better.

One word of warning on the wheels, they are incredibly easy to kerb as the spokes are a long way out & the tyres offer little protection with high kerbs. I dont normally have a problem with other cars but Ive done 2 on the Superb. I would agree, easy to clean though.

Agreed on colour to, dark cars are horrendous to keep clean, we choose the beige on the superb as it was the closest colour to dust & grime as it was to do high miles.

Des must have been in a generous mood that day :) if you get any problems with it ask for him, he's a good bloke, but you must be polite, he won't deal with ranter's, I saw him offer a bloke back his money one day on a brand new car.

Yes I dealt with Des from the onset. My father and I have had a few cars from him over the years, and he is always a pleasure to deal with.

One word of warning on the wheels, they are incredibly easy to kerb as the spokes are a long way out & the tyres offer little protection with high kerbs. I dont normally have a problem with other cars but Ive done 2 on the Superb. I would agree, easy to clean though.

Agreed on colour to, dark cars are horrendous to keep clean, we choose the beige on the superb as it was the closest colour to dust & grime as it was to do high miles.

Thanks for the heads up on the wheels. Will keep my eye out for you, think I have seen you about - a while ago now. Yours has a private plate on it doesnt it?

Thanks for the heads up on the wheels. Will keep my eye out for you, think I have seen you about - a while ago now. Yours has a private plate on it doesnt it?

Yes, Its actually my Wifes car M14 ***. I have a 52 plate Octy Estate & a 350Z