Stubborn sticker removal

thebloyn

I removed a subaru! dealer sticker from my vrs rear window and it only came partially off, its left a bit of the sticker on there not like normal sticker residue as its not sticky but it was one of the thicker types of sticker that left "frosted" remnants, ive tried to shift it with white spirit and even wam water but its still there how else can i remove it. I have to be slightly careful as it covers some of the rear window heater element.

You got a pic of the offending area? Think I know the type of residue you mean. I'd use a bug & tar remover too, maybe heat the area up with a hairdryer beforehand too.

Steve

Well I tried what I had lying around

Autoglym intensive tar remover

Vinegar, malt and red wine varities

Autoglym clean wheels

Engine bay Degreaser

none would shift it, will get hold of some nail varnish remover

heres a pic

[ATTACH]22439[/ATTACH]

Well I tried what I had lying around

Autoglym intensive tar remover

Vinegar, malt and red wine varities

Autoglym clean wheels

Engine bay Degreaser

none would shift it, will get hold of some nail varnish remover

heres a pic

[ATTACH]22439[/ATTACH]

with the exception of the tar remover i cant see why you would try using any of those products!

as i said, water and a razor blade, a little care and before you know it, sticker will be gone...

trust me on this one, its part of what i do for a living ;)

Brake cleaner is fine on plastic, as it's basically the same chemical used for drycleaning. Well, the stuff we use is. Have used it to remove graffiti (marker pen) from a cars paintwork, GB letters from a bumper and taking stains out of seats. It's a wonderful stuff brake cleaner, also good for cleaning brakes I hear. :)

Evostick remover. Just did the same with a dealer sticker.

You can rub everything off with enough applications on a rag, but quicker if you scrape off as much as possible with a sharp wood chisel used very flat. don't nick the HRW elements !

Well acetone did nothing.

Not sure if the rear is tinted, the rest of the car is so it might be, if it is tinted what i have used already has not damaged the film, using a razor might not be a good idea then - I imagine your talking about the old fashioned ones - i wouldnt know where to get one from.

You can also use fly spray.

Safe on plastics (but just try an inconspicuous area first).

Nothing in fly spray to discolour attack surfaces and it will shift the adhesive residues, no problem.

Also good for getting sticky labels off CD cases, ceramics with attached price tags etc.

Well I finally solved it, cannot believe whati have done but basically the sticker I removed has removed some of the tinting film too! arrgh!

So the window was tinted and I have now messed that up! there was no sticker residue to remove- arrgh feel so stupid

someone suggested use a hairdryer and sponge to smooth out the film, not sure if that will help.