I saw a BMW X6 yesterday...

You've won the lottery haven't you Rob:thumbup:

Alas no, otherwise I'd have a Cayenne sat on the drive already rather than spending lots of time contemplating it's ugly sister... ;)

Gawd,people even call our X Trail a Chelsea Tractor and its really just a big estate car.

Indeed - I know people who call vehicles like the Nissan Navara "gas guzzlers"...with a 2.5 V6 diesel I suspect most petrol family hatchbacks would struggle to match the economy... :rofl:

(anyway,thought you'd pushed the troublesome octavia off a cliff years ago:confused:)

I think I'd struggle to get it out to the coast from here!

Rob.

Rob, try this for an authoritative source. More generally, I was summarising the summaries of reports I've seen over several years in the press.

On the driving point, I consider making violent manoevres to get out of the path of the idiot who just pulled out of the oncoming traffic 200 feet in front of me to be "driving properly" for the situation!

Rob, try this for an authoritative source. More generally, I was summarising the summaries of reports I've seen over several years in the press.

They recommend cars which are at least NCAP 4-star, and also comply with their anti-skid and whiplash test...so even they use NCAP as a benchmark.

Most of the European 4x4s seem to pass the Folksam test, whereas the Korean and American manufacturers seem to rate less well - but this also seems to be reflected across all their ranges, and not limited to 4x4s...

Rob.

On the driving point, I consider making violent manoevres to get out of the path of the idiot who just pulled out of the oncoming traffic 200 feet in front of me to be "driving properly" for the situation!

I've been out in these sort of vehicles and they are leaps and bounds ahead of most regular cars in terms of their handling and body control, let alone similarly sized and "giraffed" vehicles.

Here's what Evo had to say about the X6....

BMW X6 | evo Car Reviews | Car Reviews | evo

Chris

I've been out in these sort of vehicles and they are leaps and bounds ahead of most regular cars in terms of their handling and body control, let alone similarly sized and "giraffed" vehicles.

Here's what Evo had to say about the X6....

BMW X6 | evo Car Reviews | Car Reviews | evo

Chris

But is it better than the Panda Cross Chris?;):D

I haven’t, have you??:D

Don't be daft - have you seen the pictures :P It's bad enough having to 'black' all the plastic on my one each time I wash it :rofl:

Plus, I'm still loving the 100hp and I can't see myself changing it (for another 28 months or 50500 miles whichever arrives first) ;)

Chris

Don't be daft - have you seen the pictures :P It's bad enough having to 'black' all the plastic on my one each time I wash it :rofl:

Plus, I'm still loving the 100hp and I can't see myself changing it (for another 28 months or 50500 miles whichever arrives first) ;)

Chris

Well the muddy looks works well with the Cross. Hmmmmmm mud ;):D

£11,995 for a standard one! :eek: You could get a mint TD5 Defender for that ;)

Chris

Should be a lot cheaper to run, plus it would start in the morning and still be running 5 minutes later…….unlike a certain LR

• 6 years later...

All I can say is that it's amazing what a 1yr old can do with a phone in 5 minutes. I don't have a clue how he could of done it, select Tapatalk, then Briskoda, finally select an old post lol. How do you find such an old post in the first place?

He even managed to quote someone lol

Sorry for any confusion

Holy thread revival!! I'm sorry Raf but I don't understand your abbreviations :(

• Like 2

All I can say is that it's amazing what a 1yr old can do with a phone in 5 minutes. I don't have a clue how he could of done it, select Tapatalk, then Briskoda, finally select an old post lol. How do you find such an old post in the first place?

He even managed to quote someone lol

Sorry for any confusion

:D

He quoted me and I got an update