1.3mpi - Engine tuning?

Hi to all,

I'm satisfied enough with the visual/handling modifications i've done so far to my 2000 1.3mpi Felicia, but getting very fed up with the lack of power. Seriously considering saving up for something like a vtec civic / mk2 golf gti or the likes, but wondering whether it's possible to do much for my own engine, and keep something a bit different to the crowd. So far the only engine mod i've done is to fit an induction kit.

I found this site a while back RallyBazar & Speedpro shop - Plzeò vše pro automobilový sport a tuning but hard to understand as it's mostly in Czech! Can anyone advise?

Thanks very much

AK

Not sure there is a whole lot you can do to it without going to the sort of lengths TeflonTom has gone to with his 1.6. Must say, my wife's Fabia has the 1.4 derivative of your engine, and sure it's not fast but it's not embarrassingly slow either; you just need to take a bit of time to learn how to get the best from it. It all depends on what you're after, I suppose. Seeing how you've already fitted an induction kit, it may be that trying to get the most power from it is your goal, in which case you might have to look elsewhere. Would be a shame, though, IMO...

Take out the engine and put in a 2.0 ABF VW engine which should fit straight in. The gearbox out of a MK2 Golf will fit straight in with it, and driveshafts should hold up. Tune the ABF to circa 170bhp and you've got a bonkers Felicia

I was looking at that Czech website, can get 280 camshafts and possibly a manifold, although it could cost more money that it's worth. Was also thinking of setting the valve clearances and investing in new spark plugs

Take out the engine and put in a 2.0 ABF VW engine which should fit straight in. The gearbox out of a MK2 Golf will fit straight in with it, and driveshafts should hold up. Tune the ABF to circa 170bhp and you've got a bonkers Felicia

:rofl::rofl:

it wont fit straight in at all, and the driveshafts are the wrong length, it's not an impossible conversion but it would be quite expensive, it is however possible to use an 020 vw box from a mk2 but it would require modifications to the mountings:) all this aside, i think the biggest headache with this conversion is getting enough clearance round the steering rack to get the exhaust downpipe through

I was looking at that Czech website, can get 280 camshafts and possibly a manifold, although it could cost more money that it's worth. Was also thinking of setting the valve clearances and investing in new spark plugs

i would think you would have trouble getting a 280 cam to run properly with the standard injection gear, on the 1.6 it certainly doesn't work... but i could be wrong and i'm sure somebody with more experience of the skoda engines will come along and correct me on this