Back to the BTCC

I hope you're all getting behind the seat team as its the closest to you guys' motors , but i guess you were as suprised as me when they entered a DIESEL! , but from what i read the other teams are pi$$ed off about the power its producing...suprised me too.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its got more torque than the other cars. That said te BMWs of Turkington and Jackson have been storming

The works Vauxhalls have really been flying too so I wouldnt say the SEATs have had everything their way so far.

Cant follow them in the WTCC though, don't have Eurosport and they haven't got the TDI cars in the WTCC game yet (have they?)

Its got more torque than the other cars. That said te BMWs of Turkington and Jackson have been storming

The works Vauxhalls have really been flying too so I wouldnt say the SEATs have had everything their way so far.

Cant follow them in the WTCC though, don't have Eurosport and they haven't got the TDI cars in the WTCC game yet (have they?)

Yep , they had the Seat Diesels last year

• 2 weeks later...

Damned Media Centre laptop!!!

Was working nights last night.

Came home, and the guide on my laptop was messed up.

Set manual recording and the fecking thing must have rebooted as I had a login screen when I got home!!! Grrrr

Anyway I managed to watch Race 2 during brunch and recorded race 1.

Race 3 I will see on the ITV catch-up from the website.

Plato's flying now but it looks like its too late to catch Gio unless he gets a DNF.

Race 3 was the race of the day, Andy Jordan got his second podium and Darren Turner not only managed to finish a race but won it (:eek:) Complete Seat domination of the weekend, just a shame it's almost too late in the season :(

On a happier note my Silverstone tickets came through :woot: less than two weeks to go!

Just saw the highlights!!!

What a weekend that must have been.

Wasn't exactly SEAT domination as Plato and Onslow-Cole had a bit of a scrap with Plato skidding off and wrecking the car!!

Andrew Jordan is driving superbly

I wish I recorded it so I could replay all the thrills and spills but that just looked awesome.

I might have book tickets for the final races at Brands!! :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

My media centre ballsed up again :mad:

I managed to see races 1 and 2 which were just awesome

Gio was aggressive not sitting back like he has been doing on previous races.

Turner just seems to have a rotten time, although when he won at Knockhill must have been satisfying.

I'll be watching the highlights later on ITV4. But now it seems to be all guns blazing for the final rounds at Brands on the 21st.

Well, I went along to Silverstone yesterday, and I have to say it was the best atmosphere I've ever experienced at any motorsport event!

Walking along the back of the pits at 8:30 in the morning we bumped into Tom Onslow-Cole off to get his breakfast who kindly agreed to have a quick word and his photo taken with Mrs mattandy (who'd reverted to a dribbling schoolgirl on sight :rolleyes:). Also saw Colin Turkington, having his morning coffee in the Team RAC hospitality area and signing autographs for us early risers, and Chilton, who dropped far in my estimation, for his attitude to a friendly nod of the head :(

Giovanardi almost walked into me (and said a quick 'escusi') as he came out of one of the VXR trailers as we were walking past just before the pitlane walkabout. (my God he's short!)

At the pitlane walkabout mrs mattandy went off to stalk T.O-C again (he actually remembered her from the morning so guess what the topic of conversation was for the next 9 hours :rolleyes::)) Also got Giovanardi's, Neal's, Turkington's, Jelley's and Hughes' autographs. The queue for Plato and Turner was too long and I didn't manage to get John George's autograph as the pitlane session ended - Team JAG are my local team to me being based in Watford.

The atmosphere in Luffield was amazing, everytime someone spun or got side-on in front of us the whole stand erupted into applause and cheering. When Jackson got spun out an Race 2 and then managed to get going again I thought I was going to go deaf! The highlight for me though was after Jackson overtook Plato in Race 3. As he came through Luffield the entire group of SEAT Sport fans near us stood and applauded him. If there was any doubt about him being the people's hero it doesn't exist anymore :D

(even the Porsche Carrera GT Cup-of-Warm-Cocoa managed to keep me interested. For a bit ;))

Roll on Brands Hatch!

• 3 weeks later...

I gotta say the first 2 races have been amazing to watch.Gio takes the title dispite Plato fighting hard and Seat team orders. Again Turner loses a podium playing the team game for Plato.can't wait for the final race.Mat Jackson has been an amazing driver and Neal has been quick too.It was fun watching Plato and Gio having coffee in the pits.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

New BTCC news

The race calendar is up.

Andrew Jordan is now driving with VXR alongside Giovanardi and Neal.

The 2 Integras from JG Racing are under the Sunshine.co.uk racing banner

The Ford Focus is going to be on the Touring Car grid.

Accident Exchange are no longer sponsoring Mat Jacksons Beemer

And Volvo have been rumoured to be possibly coming back on the touring car scene

And Volvo have been rumoured to be possibly coming back on the touring car scene

I hope so...we need a few more manufacturers back in the game! Damned credit munch... :(

And the Ginetta G50s are replacing the Cupra Championship.

300bhp, 3500cc and capable of 160mph. Looks like it'll be fun :D :D :D :D

I've heard mixed reports about the G50s but their not as quick as you would expect. The Seats at least would have been quicker then the tourers with the right rubber

• 1 month later...