Best non acidic wheel cleaner

Hi all,

As you might know I have recently had my wheels powdercoated and found out yesterday a bit of a nightmare to clean black wheels, I was speaking to Johnny50 yesterday and he advised a non acidic wheel cleaner would be safe for powdercoated wheels, can anyone recommend a good one to use.

Many thanks

Davy

I know some will wince....but I got some turtle wax eco friendly non-acidic stuff in halfrauds - its the only non-acidic stuff they do, seems OK to me....again needs agitating, I tend to spray leave for a minute then go round with the wheel cleaning brush then rinse.

when that runs out I will be trying the tesco green stuff they seem to be selling now, I think its only £2.50 for a spray bottle 500ml size....worth a try, may also try some of theie other stuff in the their green range

Thanks guys, I've used hot rims before so I know their good and before I had the wheels done I was using turtle wax wheel cleaner and had no problems, just wanted to make sure what I could use.

Cheers

Davy

Beleive it or not, I was in my local Wilkinsons the other day, and I saw some non acidic wheel cleaner for 99p.

Thought 'what the hell' and got some.

Really good stuff!! ;)

(needs a bit of elbow grease, but brings up my RS4 wheels a treat!)

bilberry wheel cleaner no better out there dilute 4:1 spray on leave a min or 2 and jet wash off,or if you got stubborn stains,spray on neat agitate with brush and spray off it comes in litre or 5 litre jacks. 5 litres = £23

Depends what you are using it for, but I use:

Hard caked nasty nasty wheels, somewhere between neat and 4:1

Normal "dirty since last wash" wheels, about 10:1

General APC to remove films and utter filth on the lower body parts before you wash the car, about 20-25:1

These are all water:product.

The bottle has recommendations for around the house and you ca guess from these. A homebase £1.50 1L trigger spray is ideal for it too.

HTH

Hi all,

I bought some stardrops out of asda the other night and got to say I'm well impressed with the stuff, six desert spoons added to hot water does the trick and for the price of 67p it is well worth it.

Inside or out? :cool:

Both IMHO.

I've used it on:

Inside:

- floors

- sinks

- sideboards

- oven door (filthy), needed a bit of scrubbing but came up very clean

- bath

Outside:

- glass with a squeegee

- aluminium/PVCu frames at suitable dilutions.

- Tiles

It's a great all purpose cleaner IMHO :D