Hail Storm Causes

£2000 profit you asked...ok here goes:

Skoda Octavia 2.0 tdi 170bhp vrs- RRP £18760 on the road

Ok lets see who can find the cheapest skoda showroom priced car from a main dealer for a brand new uk registered car- not pre reg.

Then Ill tell you an invoice price at cost (a true cost not a "consignment price") including all registration bonuses.....will open a few peoples eyes!!

Look forward to getting these prices

bear in mind your dealer is doing all he can to resolve the issue. he can only tell you what hes been told. trust me ive been there is skoda dont want to tell us the truth (much like all manufacturers!) then they wont.

i would be careful what you push for as im sure a maxidot install would cost the dealer lots in labour (they get charged to remember!) they have tried to offer a replacement, and although its not in the colour you wanted they have at least offered something.

what he says on your px is true though. used cars are loosing between 200-500 per month! that will effect you if you cancel, as the price youve got promised with the dealer wont be promised by someone else. plus if skoda are payiong something to do with the finance, then again if you cancel you might not get the same offer again.

not sure where the above person thinks a dealership makes 2 thousand pounds plus per car, my god man are you mad!!!?!?!? the average profit in a car these days is hundreds, not thousands of pounds! its all back end money which theres no guarrentee about getting. thats why your dealer wont like your proposition about maixdot. not at near 60 quid per hour to fit plus parts! his profit is being eaten up by this delay and theres nothing he can do to stop it. your px is dropping in value and when he sells that car he could be looking at loosing 500 plus pounds!!

just remember your dealer has his own bills to pay and probably will be doing all he can to sort it out and tbh it does sound like your giving him chance to sort it, just give him a bit more :thumbup:

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I am awaiting my Roomster 3. I had been told it was awaiting shipping from Emden, but then the dealer said it had been "lost" due to a new computer system (or some-such) and that they were making a new one for me. That 'new one' is due to be shipped from Emden tomorrow so I will inspect it very closely. I have made the dealer aware that I know about the hail storm, so I can't wait to hear what his latest story is :rolleyes:

Well it didn't arrive :(. So the latest story is that ALL affected Skodas went back to the factory, and that Skoda are not telling the dealers anything about the situation of particular cars. Apparently none of the Skoda directors were available yesterday - they were all in a big meeting, anyone know what happened there? They must know customers awaiting delivery are mightily ****ed off :mad:

Edited by RatAtAt

We have been told that two of the cars we have on order have been totally written off- one was for S41NT!!! We still dont know about the 19 other we are just hoping they are ok?

The lack of information isnt good- Skoda will know the exact situiation someone just needs to have the guts to tell people- Im of the belief that people would rather be told exactly as it is, rather then be pasified or been told nothing at all!!!

Ill post something when we get any more news!!

Well it didn't arrive :(. So the latest story is that ALL affected Skodas went back to the factory, and that Skoda are not telling the dealers anything about the situation of particular cars. Apparently none of the Skoda directors were available yesterday - they were all in a big meeting, anyone know what happened there? They must know customers awaiting delivery are mightily ****ed off :mad:

The lack of information isnt good- Skoda will know the exact situiation someone just needs to have the guts to tell people- Im of the belief that people would rather be told exactly as it is, rather then be pasified or been told nothing at all!!!

I'm afraid I'm a cynic, and whilst I agree that "Skoda will know the exact situation", there seems nothing to stop dealers trading any available stock with each other where one might otherwise lose a worthwhile sale and the other might be glad to see a potentially trade-in loss walk away.

So maybe some dealers do not want to tell customers "exactly as it is" :eek:

(At my age, I am well qualified to be cynical - it comes with experience)

Hi Folks,

In the same boat, just returned from 2 week holiday, waiting for news on my 1.4 Fabia Sport which was expected 'any day now' before I went away, phoned dealer who said there had been a freak blizzard - economical with the truth or what!

Car must be involved but had no other info from the dealer, problem is I have a finance agreement taking first payment end of july, I also have the registration number vin number etc. on that agreement, but if the car is delayed say another 5 weeks I will in effect be buying an 08 plate pre registered car, when the new 58 plate is out.

Where do I stand ? I am begining to get worried but have been very nice so far as its not the dealers fault!

Dave Senior

Dave, your car will not have been registered with the DVLA yet. All your dealer has done is reserve that reg number against the VIN. The car cannot be registered until the dealer has the car and all the paperwork that comes with it including that required by the DVLA. If it runs into the 58 reg, the dealer cannot at that point register an 08 plate so your car will have a 58 plate assigned to it, using the same vin number, assuming of course that the car is not written off as per S4INTs.

Hi Folks,

In the same boat, just returned from 2 week holiday, waiting for news on my 1.4 Fabia Sport which was expected 'any day now' before I went away, phoned dealer who said there had been a freak blizzard - economical with the truth or what!

Car must be involved but had no other info from the dealer, problem is I have a finance agreement taking first payment end of July, I also have the registration number vin number etc. on that agreement, but if the car is delayed say another 5 weeks I will in effect be buying an 08 plate pre registered car, when the new 58 plate is out.

Where do I stand ? I am beginning to get worried but have been very nice so far as its not the dealers fault!

Dave Senior

Also to say that you can't be expected to start and pay for a Finance Agreement for a car that you haven't got; presuming that the finance is through your dealer. If it is from a third party (bank or similar), see if they can put a freeze on it but if not take the money and put it on deposit.

PS> really sorry to hear you too have a problem; not the best of introductions to Briskoda but I can assure you its mostly good here!

Thanks for the replys, finance is with VAG on the 0% rate, also the dealer has given me a price for my car in PX 11 weeks ago so he is possibly losing out as well.

May speak to the dealer tomorrow but it seems that a lot of people are in the same situation and dealers may not have info either.

Got told by my dealer yesterday that my car, having been built after the storm, is now waiting at the docks in Holland but shipping will be delayed for a week or so as car that had been damaged in the storm, having been returned to the factory and repaired, are now 'jumping the queue' to be shipped to UK.

Hmmmmm. 17th July 2008

Got told this morning my car is still at the docks in Holland, it might get onto a ship leaving Friday evening, but my dealer won't know this until it has been loaded. Dealer is being really good about keeping me updated :thumbup: BUT is hampered by lack of definitive info from Skoda UK. :thumbdwn:

I guess whether my car gets on the ship depends on how many damaged/repaired cars queue jump! :eek:

Double Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Everyone is guessing, including the dealers, and probably including a few at Skoda. The only thing the dealers appear to have to go on is the tracking for the vehicle. There are only a few set events that this can tell them:

Order Accepted

Build Commenced

Build Complete

Port of Exit Release

Left Factory

Arrived Port of Exit

Left Port of Exit

Arrived Port of Entry

etc.

All of the affected cars, and I strongly suspect that includes any that are only affected by being caught up in the mess, are sat at "Arrived Port of Exit". There is no further movement. Nothing to say it's been damaged, repaired, returned to the factory. I think that info could be added by putting a note on the record, but it isn't being done. There are just the dates each of the events occurred. So far as anyone can see, it's just sat at the port.

The benchmark time from Arrived Port of Exit to arriving at the dealership, appears to be two weeks maximum. So if the dealer or Skoda tell you it will be upto two weeks, that is what they are quoting. In this situation quoting two weeks seems at best naive but, so far as I know, they have nothing else on which to base a guess. The people who know are saying nothing.

£2000 profit you asked...ok here goes:

Skoda Octavia 2.0 tdi 170bhp vrs- RRP £18760 on the road

Ok lets see who can find the cheapest skoda showroom priced car from a main dealer for a brand new uk registered car- not pre reg.

Then Ill tell you an invoice price at cost (a true cost not a "consignment price") including all registration bonuses.....will open a few peoples eyes!!

Look forward to getting these prices

all reg bonus's if you hit target?

certainly would open eyes to a properly prep'd car, people think its thousands lol!

Patience is a virtue

Hope your car is worth the wait!!

Me too!

:clapclap: :banana: :clapclap:

:banana: :clapclap: :banana:

Departed port yesterday, record updated today.

[Hello!

You may or may not know that you have a 7 day period to change your mind on any finance agreement. This 7 days only STARTS when you have taken delivery of the car and not before.

If the dealer has done this and sent the finance for payout then he is trading illegally and against the consumer credit act.

Regarding the px...im sure you will drive past a week after you have collected your new car to see your car at least £1200 more then he gave you for it!!!!! As a business thats the risk you take so I wouldnt worry about them

quote=davesnr;1368404]Hi Folks,

Car must be involved but had no other info from the dealer, problem is I have a finance agreement taking first payment end of july, I also have the registration number vin number etc. on that agreement, but if the car is delayed say another 5 weeks I will in effect be buying an 08 plate pre registered car, when the new 58 plate is out.

Where do I stand ? I am begining to get worried but have been very nice so far as its not the dealers fault!

Dave Senior

So does anyone want to put this to the test then....???

What is the best OTR price people can find for this car???

Lets show the £2000 +++ profit on cars at dealers

all reg bonus's if you hit target?

certainly would open eyes to a properly prep'd car, people think its thousands lol!

We have just had notification from Skoda that 17 of our 21 cars are now in shipment from Germany. Still waiting for S41NT 's car but he can wait !he never stops moaning!! Only joking S41NT cars on its way!!!

Ches vegas 2nd August??

We have just had notification from Skoda that 17 of our 21 cars are now in shipment from Germany. Still waiting for S41NT 's car but he can wait !he never stops moaning!! Only joking S41NT cars on its way!!!

Ches vegas 2nd August??

I presume that is en-route from factory to Docks in Holland.

My Roomster (built after the storm), has now been sitting at the docks for two weeks whilst storm damaged cars/replacements 'queue-jump' ! I'm getting quietly :mad: Hoping that it might be on Friday's ship to UK.

I dont know anything about docks in Holland?

I know the cars go to Grimsby (port of entry) from Germany (port of exit) and take approx 7 days from leaving Germany port.

Cars get damaged all the time- manufacturers never tell anyone that as they fear cars will be rejected just in this occasion everyone found out about it !!!

Hope your car turns up soon!!

I presume that is en-route from factory to Docks in Holland.

My Roomster (built after the storm), has now been sitting at the docks for two weeks whilst storm damaged cars/replacements 'queue-jump' ! I'm getting quietly :mad: Hoping that it might be on Friday's ship to UK.

I dont know anything about docks in Holland?
I stand corrected.:o

I know the cars go to Grimsby (port of entry) from Germany (port of exit) and take approx 7 days from leaving Germany port.

I was told recently by a dealer that Skoda use 4 UK ports for their cars; Sheerness, Felixstowe, Grimsby and one other; depending on the dealer the car is being shipped to.

Or was I misinformed?

Ches vegas 2nd August??

Me moan?? It's been like when i was 6 years old, counting sleeps til chrismas, then your older 'ginger t0sser' brother ruins it by telling you santa's not real!!

I'm camping at ultimate street car that weekend for his 30th but i might nip up north for a couple of hours to pick it up.

Pitty i can't just get it from Grimsby:rolleyes:

Dunno, i've been told by various Skoda sellers, both dealers & brokers, that cars came into Grimsby (from Emden, Germany unless there's other european ports i don't know about) but i'm only passing on what i've been told. Seems logical to send them to other ports for time but perhaps not so much for cost: only one port, only one set of people checking them over to employ.

We have been selling Skoda cars for 4 years and as far as I know every single car comes into Grimsby, no where else.

If you have ever been to Grimsby (if you havent you havent missed much!) there is a huge compound full of skoda cars there and is the national ditribution centre for Skoda UK

I stand corrected.:o

I was told recently by a dealer that Skoda use 4 UK ports for their cars; Sheerness, Felixstowe, Grimsby and one other; depending on the dealer the car is being shipped to.

Or was I misinformed?

So S41NT your missus is actually letting you out???? Or is she going with you lol?!?!?!? :rofl:

Got a suprise on your car for you when it comes :)

Me moan?? It's been like when i was 6 years old, counting sleeps til chrismas, then your older 'ginger t0sser' brother ruins it by telling you santa's not real!!

I'm camping at ultimate street car that weekend for his 30th but i might nip up north for a couple of hours to pick it up.

Pitty i can't just get it from Grimsby:rolleyes: