Hail Storm Causes

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's going to be some insurance claim - iirc someone else on here was saying they had their own car damaged in a hail storm at the weekend. I'm amazed they had 30,000 vehicles in the one place, and if its £80m of damage, thats about £2500 per car. yikes

I'm not sure I'd be happy accepting a brand new car that has had major bodywork repairs.

I know they do this , but I'm paying for a factory fresh car and if I find out that it's not I don't see why I'd be expected to pay the same as one that's had lots of work

Sorry for ya Saint

Just phoned my dealer around 4000 uk skodas damaged

with around 400 already sold cars

My dealer has 25 sold cars damaged

And thank the heavens mine is not among them, just still at factory

:o

Edited by inexeng
typo

Reckon i'm jinxed, my Fabia vRS was delayed 3weeks due to a fire at the Barkers Dealership in Grimsby when it was due to be delivered!:faint:

I suppose as long as they are repaired to a high standard and covered by the usual warrenty then should not be a problem. If my car was one of the effected ones I would check it over with a fine tooth comb to ensure everything is perfect (although I would do that with any new car). I do not think trying to get a discount due to this problem will get you very far but I suppose you do not get unless you ask.

Saint- Try not to think about this little set back and just concentrate on enjoying the car when you get it. I am sure you will have lots of fun in it (I know I still have a smile when I drive mine after nearly 1.5 years of ownership).

I would think they'll use team of dent pullers, much like chips away etc. Hopefully the cars will be returned to perfect condition.

You can see the cars being loaded onto trains from the factory so I assme they make their way to us along that route.

Just when i thought it was the weekend where i'd be picking it up:mecry::mecry::mecry:

and would have been going out in 'Chesvegas'!

Wonder how long a wait we've got seeing as we're second class vw citizens wonder if they'll deal with the skuds and seats last? Audi's first?:rolleyes:

Thats exactly what me n the missus were saying, bet they get knocked all the time.

Plus there's bound to be a bit of media hype surrounding it, i hope...

There's f**k all else for the tabloid rags to write about at the moment, tennis or big bruvva? Both are piles of poo:thumbdwn:

I thought it was only 12,500 cars that where damaged, that is what I was told a couple of weeks ago anyway.

When did it happen, James? There's no dates in either of the articles posted, but it would explain why my Octy is still sitting over there. If it has affected mine I wish Farmers would either tell me, or get Skoda UK to tell them. Currently the story is that they don't know if it was affected, it will be on the next ship and has been held up because of the weather. ... I suppose hail damage is weather ...

Think it was the 25th June or there abouts.

I wouldn't worry about it too much, if you need your Octavia because the tax on your current car is about to expire (or something similar), I'm sure if you phone Farmers and tell them they'll give you something to use until your new car arrives.

FYI- They aren't just popping out the dents on the panels they are replacing the panels so you shouldn't be able to tell the difference at all. Just a small delay as the affected cars have to go back to the factory from Emden and then back again. Skoda have made the sold units a priority.