Goodye Fabia and hello 130i :-)) (56k warning)

chowy

I was sad to see my Fabia go a couple of weeks ago after 3 years of trouble free motoring and I was all set to keep her for a couple more years.

The car was sadly out of warranty and the cost of renewal was playing on my mind. I had just spent £700 on her which inc. service, new tyres, 1 year tax, MOT, RAC cover, kerbed alloy refurb and when the quote came in to renew the warranty for another year, I decided to look for a newer car.

I fancied going back to a petrol car seeing that the benefits of better mpg were a little offset with the forever increasing diesel costs and I also don't do a lot of milage (<10k)

I started looking at a new Octy 2 vRS, Golf GTI, Leon FR, Clio 197, Civic Type R and while looking at the Leon, I noticed 1 year old Leon Cupra's for the same dosh. Anyhow, cut a long story short I started looking at <1year old cars which included R32, S3 (pricey) and 130i M sport.

As soon as I test drove the 130i, I was smitten. It just reminded my of my last E46 M3 and at a fraction of the cost!

Here it is my new (to me) '07 130i M Sport with only a mere 3k on the clock (just run in ;))

I'm very happy indeed and I even got to learn to use the indicators with Skoda ownership ;)

130i-clean13.jpg

130i-clean14.jpg

130i-clean8.jpg

130i-clean5.jpg

130i-clean2.jpg

130i-clean9.jpg

130i-clean7.jpg

you will enjoy:).

I had a wee "tussle" with a 130! (alpine white 3dr m-sport - very nice) on way home tonight. after a mile or two of twisty stuff we hit a straight bit and I decided to call it quits. :rofl:

Edited by slider

Hmmmm nice - must say the 1 series is starting to grab my attention.... so what's the low down on the 30i bit then (bhp size etc... I'm too lazy to look on Parkers tonight)

Hmmmm nice - must say the 1 series is starting to grab my attention.... so what's the low down on the 30i bit then (bhp size etc... I'm too lazy to look on Parkers tonight)

A healthy 261bhp 3.0 V6 going through the right wheels:thumbup::D

Dave, that looks mint mate! :)

I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

As you know, I'm soon to be going back to petrol power but probably not as much power as you'll be enjoying!!! :D

Any mods planned?

Thanks your all your kind comments

1450 kg

265 bhp

315 Nm

0-60 5.8s

0-100 14.2s

Standing 1/4 14.0s

Top speed 155 mph limited

Does the Ring in 8:35

(These are the best figures I found from a test vs R32 vs S3)

All that aside, it's pretty refined with a creamy smooth straight 6 - sounds great!

Dave, that looks mint mate! :)

I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

As you know, I'm soon to be going back to petrol power but probably not as much power as you'll be enjoying!!! :D

Any mods planned?

Gonna get the BMW performance exhaust and short shift when I return from hols (assuming I don't overspend ;))

I've heard that the exhaust gives it that M3 rasp that I sorely miss....

I'm pretty happy with everything else so far. The ride is firm but very compliant too, unlike my Fabia with eibachs/std. shocks but I think I should have got the bump stops trimmed...:o

Very nice indeed mate :thumbup:

I was wondering when a thread would appear, as I noticed the change in avatar :)

The 130 MSport is the only 5dr 1-Series I like the look of. The metallic Le Mans blue would get the nod for me over anything else, but I'm sure you'll keep it looking tip-top :cool:

May I ask what you paid for this tidy example? :)

Steve

May I ask what you paid for this tidy example? :)

Steve

I got an absolute bargain!! List price new is £28k and I picked up this less than 1 year old 3k example for less than a new Octy vRS! :thumbup:

Seems that demands for big capacity cars is not good! Luckily BMW are very efficient for Co2 (£210 tax) and also economy (30 mpg) unlike the R32 I test drove (£400 tax & 24 mpg:eek:)

Well done mate - sounds like a superb deal :cool:

Yes it's big engined, but good to see BMW are upto their usual efficiency and lessening the blow slightly :thumbup:

Steve