park aid fault?

jlo

Hi All,

Wife now is proud owner of 1.9 TDI Roomster 3. Its an ex milton keynes car 07 plate jobby.

We are very pleased with it however today when putting in to reverse we got a load long beeb from the park aids and then the display just went back to the radio. In the book it says if this happens there is a fault.

Guess its a visit back to the dealers but wondered if anyone else had this fault?

Cheers

Jlo

Thanks for the tips. Cleaning the park aids did not help unfortunatly. Car booked in next monday (at Skoda dealer) to be looked at.

Cheers

Jlo

Thanks. Will report back the outcome on Monday when its had a visit to the dealer.

Best wishes

Jlo

Just make sure you don't bump into something in the meantime! ;)

PS> Welcome to Briskoda; enjoy. :thumbup:

Hi All,

Well had a phone call from the dealers saying there is a very small mark on the bumper and you can see where its been pushed in and bounced back out again (just the plastic looks like its been touched by a sharp object)

I think it may have been there when we bought the car. Anyhow its close to the faulty sensor (on the bumber) and dealer saying it may be covered under warantee but if its due to bumper damage then it won't be (£150 cost aprox)

So have taken car back and drop off to garage we bought the car of. They are a Ford toyoto dealer but have a Skoda branch in Redditch. Will see if they can sort it out FOC

Cheers

Jlo

• 2 months later...

Ended up this was not covered under warrantee due to the slight mark on the bumper. Anyhow garage we bought the car off coughed up and paid for the parking sensors to be repaired so now all is good.

Cheers

Jlo

• 2 months later...

Hi

I am on my 2nd, Roomster (3) 1.9 both have had eletrical faults in the rear door light sensor area.

The 1st Roomster had a faulty rear washer pipe, water leaked causing an intermittant fault with lights & reversing sensor, EVENTUALLY the agent located the fault effected repairs, the boot fixture & fitting were left damaged & broken. November 08 I replaced the vehicle for new Roomster, This vehicle is currently with the agent/garage due to along term intermitant fault with the sensors, the dealer has not been of the greatest help, I contacted Skoda uk for assistance hence now in workshop

Further to jlo's posting, I can understand the sensors not functioning when iced up, but is it normal in this state (iced up) for them not to work at all (radio doesn't mute and nothing comes up on the radio screen when reversing)?

This happened early this morning, and later on during the day they were ok, but this evening (when presumably they had frozen up again), it did the same thing.

If this is not normal behaviour, similar to jlo, my bumper has been damaged slightly so it would seem warranty work is not possible.

• 2 years later...

My fathers Roomster made a similar noise, but one of the sensors had fallen into the bumper! Had to get them all re glued into place!

Just had the same problem on my "3". I managed to undo two of the bumper fixings and force my hand up to push the sensor back - only to discover there's nothing holding it in but faith. I pushed it back, but it'll come off again. Not a good design.