Alfa Brera

TaviaRS

The bother of a guy that works with me has blown the engine 56 plate but he does drive like a nutter

My friend has a GT and it's just done the gearbox & clutch(this was replaced as the box was out???) 55 plate and warranty are NOT paying for it :eek:

They are saying it's the way it was driven so he now has a £1500 bill even though the dealer says it's faulty.

Otherwise they look nice :rofl:

I love the Brera S it looks as mean as a hard up scotsman!

The back end looks a bit lumpen to me though, they should have just copied the concept exactly for the production version.

alfa_romeo_brera_2006_01.jpg

Alfa%20Romeo%20Brera%20Concept%20rear-lg.jpg

It would help if the other 50% of exhaust pipes actually did something :rolleyes:

Not a fan, sorry. Won't drive as well as an older 147 or 156.

Steve

Stunning to look at,:cool: not that bad a drive, no room for rear seat passengers,:( & build quality isn't as bad as they say. :) (i've had two alfas & they were both reliable).

If you can afford it, get one of the Prodrive ones;) they sound stunning.:thumbup::thumbup:

We sell Alfas as well as Skodas and they are alright. The Breras don't seem unreliable at all to be honest. All the electrics are Bosch so they don't fail like the old crappy Fiat electronics.

Quite nice to drive, just not as fast as they look. We've got a couple of ex-demos. If your local feel free to PM me and set up a couple of test drives if you want to try them out for yourself.

• Administrators

James, not local I'm afraid...but just seen a 2006 Brera 2.4, with remap takes her to 240ish and 400 odd ft lbs, not too shabby.

Problem is there is a white octy 2.0CR at a dealers that's also calling :)

Who shall win, heart or mind, dam these forum things.

Anything you're aware of on them that can be published, pm if not. I'm also on the alfa sites searching.

I had a look at the Brera recently at an Alfa stand at an Athletics meet!!! And it is indeed a pretty car, with perhaps a bit too big a bottom for my tastes, but definitely a looker. From what I have read and seen in the press and what the Alfa guys were saying, the Brera S is the one to go for. Lowered, lightened and firmed up, it more the car the Brera should have been in the first place. I wouldn’t say no if I could afford the running costs.

Who cares if it goes or not.Just having an 'Alfa' would be good enough for me:D

Thought you had a bloomin great big Taxi for carting things around in?

Or is there more to this thread than tasty Italian cars:rubchin:

My mate had a 2.4 for a year. He loved it and found it reliable. He was a low mileage driver though.

Crap family car. Couldn't use the back seats with his baby daughter. He's sold it for an A4 2.0tdi Estate. It was a fine fine looking car. His was black with black leather.