Pics of your wheels

im thinking of buying some new wheels but hav'nt got a clue whats out there and what would look good on my vrs. could ppl post some pics of their car with whatever wheels you've got so i can get an idea.

preferably 17's maybe 18's not sure if non-standard 17's on the octy would look a bit gash or not.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here you go... 17" audi TT caressa wheels

225057.jpg

224958.jpg

night-shot:

224616.jpg

Must admit that the wheels look better irl... in the pictures I also had a lot of junk in my trunk so my car looks a bit heavy on the backside :D

Here's another pic without junk, you'll notice that the car looks lower in the front which is off course how it should be ;)

b_112036.jpg

If I would do it again I would go for a slightly lower profile then the 225/45 but I bought these wheels secondhand with tyres on so had no choice

Imho 17" looks great enough on an octi if you have spokes going all the way to the side... cup-wheels might appear a bit small I think.

cheers

B

I love Superleggeras! if i had the money, i'd have a set like that on my red VRS, possibly anthracite would want to see them on/next to car!

am thinking about DIY'ing my standard wheels gloss black as not to sure about satin black although that would probabyl go with bump strips etc better

If they are in good nick and properly cleaned, I still think that the standard 17" wheels look quite nice. Plus I find if the tyres have been recently shined/blacked, that makes the wheels look a bit bigger - optical illusion I know.

p.s. In the picture below, the wheels weren't clean and the tyres hadn't been treated, so they look too small.:o

I know wheels are a personal choice and all that and not slagging anyone or anything off but "Personally" i think you did awfully well Si to get rid of those wheelmanis razors, car looks awsome now with those merc rims

I know wheels are a personal choice and all that and not slagging anyone or anything off but "Personally" i think you did awfully well Si to get rid of those wheelmanis razors, car looks awsome now with those merc rims

Don't worry, no offence taken :) Tastes change, I look back and am glad I made the swap.