AutoGlym High Gloss

hobnob

I went on a factory visit to Autoglym a few years ago.

They made the point that the Super High Gloss polish was not designed for everyday car use - and would not last long if it was.

It was developed for the trade to make cars sitting in showrooms look extra shiney. It was then launched to the public for the 'show car' market.

I've been using Autoglym poducts on my 'other car' for 7 years and don't have any swirls - or if I do, they pale into signifcance alongside all the stone chips!

Paul

They made the point that the Super High Gloss polish was not designed for everyday car use - and would not last long if it was.

Paul

Paul that is why I don't use it as the final coat, I use the Carnauba wax as the final coat to seal everything in. :thumbup:

BTW in my experience I have found the resin polish to cause swirl marks and it's not because of the cloth I use as this is 100% cotton, saying all this it is easier to spot on dark coloured cars.

• 4 weeks later...

My dad just bought a mk3 golf of my sister which she hadn't washed since it was new, she worked on the fact (living in london) that if it was dirty it would not attract any attention.

I cleaned it all using autoglym stuff then polished with super resin and finished off with high gloss left for 2 hours then buffed off, not a swirl in sight. I used the polishing cloth you get at Costco in 5kg packs which I think is far better than the stuff autoglym recommend.

I suspect most peoples experience with swirls may well be down to using bad polishing cloth. Has anyone else noticed the cloth making much difference

My dad just bought a mk3 golf of my sister which she hadn't washed since it was new' date=' she worked on the fact (living in london) that if it was dirty it would not attract any attention.

I cleaned it all using autoglym stuff then polished with super resin and finished off with high gloss left for 2 hours then buffed off, not a swirl in sight. I used the polishing cloth you get at Costco in 5kg packs which I think is far better than the stuff autoglym recommend.

I suspect most peoples experience with swirls may well be down to using bad polishing cloth. Has anyone else noticed the cloth making much difference[/quote']

Like I said you won't notice swirl marks after the first polish it builds up. I have used 100% cotton polishing cloths in the past and it made no difference, there is no getting round it the resin polish isn't that good, OK it's fine if you don't like a good finish on your car but it does leave swirl marks over time. Might have to check out the 5kg pack of polishing cloths as we have a costco near us.