AutoGlym High Gloss

hobnob

how did you apply it?. I have heard you should do the car with super resin first then leave it around an hour, then wipe that off and apply high gloss and leave this on the car for 2-3 hours then wipe off

Everyone has their favourite. I find autoglym stuff all works well for me. Do exactly what it says on the bottle and you'll be pleased with the results. Shouldn't clean/polish a car in strong sunlight as water droplets act like magnifying glasses just like on flowers.

You need to leave the extra-gloss for about an hour to dry before buffing up. Apply lightly as it contains no cleaning agents like normal polish.

have used it, looked good for a bit, didn't last long iirc.

apart from the fact that it can leave the black trim a bit messy if not careful, i prefer zymol to anything else i've used, including swissol.

I agree with Huck's comments about Autoglym. Even using their High Gloss on my dynamic blue car, swirls were clearly evident. I don't get swirls using Swissol, nor white marks on black trim - a particular problem with the roof rails on the Estate.

I agree with Huck's comments about Autoglym. Even using their High Gloss on my dynamic blue car, swirls were clearly evident. I don't get swirls using Swissol, nor white marks on black trim - a particular problem with the roof rails on the Estate.

Now swirls is the thing...a lack of is more important than shine.

I've never used (afforded!) Swissol but let's assume its about the best there is.

For Autoglym you do have to apply some care on large flat surfaces (bonnet) to get an even finish, but I've always found it very easy for the rest of the car - I use separate cloths for applying and rubbing off. I use the high gloss a couple of times a year as well and it does keep its shine.

By the way, I've used Halfords car wash for a few years and see that AutoExpress rated it the best. Perhaps this works well with Autoglym, but I never have problems with keeping a shine.

I have also used Halfords car wash which I have found cleans great and is very cheap. I'm actually using a Turtle Wax, wax, which I got free when I bought the car wash at Halfords, and it isvery good! I parked in a golf club today and my car was remarked apon being immaculate. Which is nice :rofl:

I got some of that Autoglym high gloss on my car ready for our NE minimeet- it made the car look very very clean, but it was used after a good polish with super resin first. i found once the car paint was 'smooth' from using the resin polish, the gloss just finished it off nicely....... no swirls to be seen.

Dead easy to apply too.......... will post a piccy 2mrw if i can work out how to!

Gilly :thumbup:

OK I have been looking into this recently.

Right the Super Resin polish has a very mild cutting again in it which might explain the swirl marks. I used to use this on my black Fabia until I got wise and started to see some swirl marks. If you value your paintwork only use it if you have run out of Mr Sheen :rofl: cause IMHO it don't do alot for your paint work.

OK I have some suggestions which I have used and found exceptional results with.

A friend of mine called Alex from www.seriousperformance.co.uk helped me out and explained the does and don'ts of polish and waxes etc. Thanks Alex you saved my paint work :thumbup:

First wash and leather down your car.

Next on my car I use "Clearkote VANILLA MOOSE WAX HAND GLAZE" which cleans the paintwork without harsh abrasives, it will over time also remove so called 'Spider Web Scratches' (Swirl Marks). This is for cleaning up the paint and getting rid of contaminants.

Next I applied the Autoglym high glossfinish to seal the clean paint work off from the elements, this alone gave outstanding results.

On top of this I then applied "P21-S Concours Look Carnauba Paste Wax" which gave a deep rich look to the paint work and also the Carnauba protects the paintwork from the elements. This makes the water beed of and can give upto 12 months protection.

All in all this took me 3 - 3.5 hours to wash and wax the car.

The results speak for themselves -

1318DSC00023-med.jpg

I can post up a closeup of the roof and bonnet if you require.

I've used Autoglym super resin & extra gloss for a few years now. Happy with the results but never over do it with the super resin as I was told that its abrasive too. The extra gloss can be used often and does give as very smooth to touch finish and resonable shine, however I'm on the look out for something better and those mentioned above look worth a try.

Neil give Alex a look up as he is a really knowledgable guy and always helpfull and BTW the P21-S is a very good product but can't be put onto hot body panels like alot of other waxes.

Hobnob I would say you should be OK initally but remeber you car will pick up contaminants everyday you drive it so a good prep will bring a better result.

cheers for the advice, whats this standard car lark!!!! looks slightly chipped to me :D

Hehehe well we are doing another Rolling Road on the 1st Aug in Essex as I don't believe the BHP either so I should be able to confirm deny the power.

Oh here is some more eye candy.

Roof

Bonnet